Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Where do YOU buy your music?
Play.com etc (T'internet) 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
HMV, VIRGIN (expensive High St) 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Small Idependants 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Music Zone 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Rip & Burn everything off the net! 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Nick me mates and dont return! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Britannia Music Club!! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dodgy market stalls 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm Sean...Michele buys all mine 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Most of the above 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:21 pm 
sheffieldsean wrote:
Er......erm......what the fuck are you on about????

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

.....bugger! I'm obviously in the advanced stages!! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:17 pm 
Vicar of this parish

Me, well, anywhere, but there's a brilliant market stall on a Saturday in Durham whose entire stock is 50's and 60's Rock&Roll - Twangy guitar -Shads etc.- and all them well groomed blokes - Crooners - Sinatra, Don Estelle etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:38 pm 
sheffieldsean wrote:
Ah, I see. Last time I was in Donny I just saw the empty place on Scott Lane. Remember when Tracks was on St Sepulchre gate near the underpass. It was great then.

Seems all the record shops in Donny are going. Since Andys Records and Our Price went, we're basically left with HMV and Track. Our Price was always crap anyway, but it's halved HMV's competition which isn't a good thing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:38 pm 
Hawleytastic!

There used to be Bradley's Records on Chapel Walk and I think on Fargate (I've still got a paper bag somewhere). K&D in the market of course (was is it Sheaf or Castle?). Violet Mays on the back of the Moor near Woolies. Our Price on The Moor used to be Music Market. The original HMV on High Street used to be Revolver Records (I think, it was a green bag with funny writing). There was another shop up in the Gallery at the market (can't remember what that was called), the old Virgin at the bottom of the Moor (that was a dark hole), the other Virgin on High Street which became a show shop at one point. The old FON shop which is now that posh jewellers, and the scary Warp shop which is now FOPP.

You can tell what I did as a kid on Saturdays.

Oh yeah, and the ex-juke box singles at the newsagent. Cheap and knackered!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:36 am 
Scandinavia's biggest house husband

I usually buy mine from small indies or Norman Records. Sometimes I just buy the shit directly from the artist or his homepage.
Sometimes I just record my own music and save the money. The missus doesn't let me spend more than 60 pounds top on music a month....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:31 am 
Hang on, according to this poll there seem to be three Sean's I am buying music for!? :shock:

Who is the real Sean? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:32 am 
Hawleytastic!

yeah our price was shit, except for when the 'pigs came back in '99 blue skies was 1.99....bargain!!

Andy's records wasn't that good either, but you did find the odd gem in there....definitely needs a couple more record shops does donny.

LP :Oink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:09 am 
Hawleytastic!

Because my office is right next door to the huge HMV on Oxford St., Londinium I get most of my music in there.

But for more obscure stuff I head down Berwick St. to a couple of marvellous shops called Selectadisc and Sister Ray. And then there's Rough Trade down the road, but all the staff in there are pretentious wankers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:10 am 
Michelvis wrote:
Hang on, according to this poll there seem to be three Sean's I am buying music for!? :shock:

Who is the real Sean? :?

It seems we have some hilarious jokers knocking about on the site!!

Hey, you guys are SOOOO funny, I actually soiled my pants when I saw 2 other people pretending to be Sean!!! :shock: :BRAVO

COCKS! :MONKDANCE :COW :BEAKER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:13 am 
Hawleytastic!

Eh?! Have I missed summat. Who's pretending to be Sean?

Do we have some rogue lurkers?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:53 am 
:shock: I'm very afraid indeed! What if they are in the flat? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:02 pm 
Michelvis wrote:
:shock: I'm very afraid indeed! What if they are in the flat? :shock:

Just wave Seans undercrackers at 'em!!......make sure they're on a stick or it'll be a trip to casualty for you!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:09 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Ernie wrote:
Because my office is right next door to the huge HMV on Oxford St., Londinium I get most of my music in there.

But for more obscure stuff I head down Berwick St. to a couple of marvellous shops called Selectadisc and Sister Ray. And then there's Rough Trade down the road, but all the staff in there are pretentious wankers...

Berwick Street is the only thing I miss about not living in London (one year to the day since I came back up north). Selectadisc is great, the staff in Sister Ray are very High Fidelity (I witnessed a very funny argument about a live Magazine album). But you can't beat Mr. CD, just opposite Selectadisc (if it's still there), no item more than a tenner, the occasional bootleg and a great sign on the wall "NO CHEQUES. NO CARDS. CASH ONLY. GET IT?!?!". And you can't argue with that.

My other fave London record shops are Minus Zero just off Portobello Road (go the opposite way to the Rough Trade shop at the crossroads) and Listen in Crouch End run by my mate Reecey!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:28 pm 
Hi Fidelity.......cracking book, poor film!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:17 pm 
Stop voting under my moniker whoever you are. Imagine if Peter Snow found out about such bad practice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next