Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339 ... 342  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tedium corner.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:27 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Myra wrote:
It's getting rough over here. Hanging in. Helping to open Bernie's Milwaukee campaign headquarters tomorrow, volunteering as much as I can. Not giving up, not by a longshot, despite the media and some defeatists, we press on. But we could really use some good juju, if you have any to spare. :D ..>

There are a lot of Bernie loving states still to vote - I saw an article which had him winning if he hits 60% of the vote in those areas - and he's been consistently exceeding that figure, apparently. Hang on in there...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:37 pm 
Hawleytastic!

What Nick said. Obama was in the same position before. Don't give up. He's a great choice for Americans. If he doesn't get the nomination, he should stand as an independent. She's the Wall Street candidate and ordinary Americans deserve better. x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:11 pm 
Hawleytastic!

No, mobile phone bastard. I don't care about your extra mega-byte-age or the new Samsung Galaxy. I don't want to switch for a better deal, I don't want Netflix on my phone, I just want phones to make my children shut up and go away. You didn't do anything wrong, I was satisfied with you (although I didn't eat anything you made for me or fuck you, as far as I know, so why are you asking me such a fucking stupid question). Just do what I ask so I don't spend any more of my day off, losing the will to live, listening to your bollix.

Next? Energy bastards putting up my direct debit by £40 a month, even though they owe me £400 and energy prices are slumping... x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:32 am 
Hawleytastic!

My boy's GCSEs start in three weeks. What with that, and a hope against hope yearning that Spurs can win the league, means our house is hell on earth at the moment. Any tips on managing expectations/exam stress/surviving without sinking into a gin bottle gratefully received. xxx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:33 am 
Hawleytastic!

Oh, and I think you will find, I am in the tedium, pissed off and need a holiday corners of the forum more than any of you fuckers... I probably need a therapist... x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:45 am 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:
My boy's GCSEs start in three weeks. What with that, and a hope against hope yearning that Spurs can win the league, means our house is hell on earth at the moment. Any tips on managing expectations/exam stress/surviving without sinking into a gin bottle gratefully received. xxx

Any other year, yep, Spurs for the title, I'm with you, but in Leicester it's 2 fingers, stick it, shove it,
whatever, to everything that's wrong in football and it's such a breath of fresh air, even the bookies
are (fingers crossed) going to get a pasting! Normally they'd be paying out a couple of hundred grand,
but this time if Leicester do do it it'll be north of 10 million! :Hoorah

As for tips, always told my 3, don't let anyone ever tell you you can't or won't be.......whatever you
want to achieve is definitely within your grasp, it's just a different amount of time and effort you'll
need to put in.

As for therapy.......I just have targets.....lots of them. Doesn't have to be 2 weeks in the Caribbean,
could be a gig, cd, surprising a friend or family or whatever......works for me. ..>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:29 pm 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:

I'm a GCSE assistant principal moderator (amongst other things) in English Literature. My best advice is to keep your fingers crossed, but appeal if results go completely unexpected. Systems are not perfect, but rest assured that the people behind the tests are actually on the side of the students.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:48 pm 
The Boss

That's very good to know,thank you for that,one of mine is going through it all now it's pretty stressful for him poor lad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:08 am 
Hawleytastic!

Yes, thanks all and that is good to know Nick. My boy's stress is mostly about living up to his own expectations of himself, which I think is worse than living up to other people's. And he hates English (breaks my heart that) and finds explanation and emotion in writing really difficult to understand (he is a 16 year old boy). He has a maths/science head so is struggling with things like Shakespeare and Steinbeck. I would've given anything to do Steinbeck at school, he is my favourite author and I have read everything he's done and love him. But that just makes it worse as liking something that I like (apart from Spurs) is a bit of a no-no at the mo.

Just take a deep breath and get through the next two months. And thanks for your tips all, lovely people. xxx

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:49 am 
Hawley Groupie

Both my girls were 'maths/science heads'. I couldn't get them to understand the joy of reading at all. Sadly neither of them read still, 10 and 4 years on from GCSE's. They both said, what was the point. Maths and science are either right or wrong. If it's wrong, you find out why you got it wrong, and change the answer. An essay on Wuthering Heights, was just some persons opinion of your interpretation of fiction. Black and white, no grey area for either of them. I wish they could see what they were missing.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:39 am 
Hawleytastic!

Bored with the anti-Corbyn bias of the BBC.

Just a year after Blairite Labour spectacularly lost the general election, far from being demoralised and finished, the party's membership is now approaching half a million.

Despite being in the middle of a campaign over whether or not to leave the EU, Labour has won three by-elections and only lost 27 council seats nationally, not the 150 predicted by the Sun and fuckers in his own party, and regained control of Sheffield City Council.

How, oh, how is this state of affairs deemed a disaster, a "bruising night" for Corbyn? All across all BBC mediums, the same old bollocks.

Honestly, I know they represent particular interests but do they think we're all morons? It's fast becoming the UK's version of Fox news in America, a sack of prejudiced bullshit.

I mean, I know it frequently is, but is it just me? xx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:31 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

I swear that if I ever catch the bastard - I know who he is - who lets his dog shit outside my garage, (on private land he shouldn't even be on) so that I either step in it or drive through it, I'm going to pick up a handful & rub it in his face (the man's not the dog's).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:18 am 
The Boss

Well it might cheer you up to know those shepherd thumb canes you made us are in very good use daily Lofty thank you sir ..>

Very depressing watching the idiots at the footy causing utterly pointless mayhem in France.....why?

Chuffed for Wales.....England?....here we go again :roll:

And Helen I'm utterly fed up with the dreadful behaviour of everyone involved in the EU in/out referendum....the politicians are just dreadful petty human beings totally devoid of a shred of patience,decency and honesty.....what happened to the word"debate"?....there's virtually no actual information it's all based on hearsay and incor-rhetoric .....they've proved to me once and for all that they are completely unfit for purpose.....piss weak people with no moral compass at all.....they aren't that dissimilar to the f**k wits in France at the football

Did the bed wake up on the wrong side of me again this morning?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:19 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Was chuffed for Wales. I love watching Bale, did at Spurs and still do now. Love to hear the crowd sing. Have a love of Welsh male voice choirs too. My first boyfriend was Welsh, and didn't speak English til he was 10. Maybe it's sentimentality but I hope they do well.

Have been happy with the Spurs' chaos performance but find it hard to get behind England. They attract the worst kind of people to support them, the racists, the bigots. I was trying to explain this to my 16 year old how you used to find those kind of wankers quite often in society, in pubs and clubs and on the streets. But their behaviour became less and less acceptable and now they only surface in the most base forms of social organisation, like away games of the footy.

No doubt there was provocation, although most of the Russian thugs are also racists and bigots, so why people with so much in common still want to kick the shit out of each other is beyond me. Just proves what a bunch of knuckle dragging thickos they all are.

And as for the French police, they've been kicking the shit out of strikers for the last month but that hasn't made international news. It's just so predictably dull, I despair.

And the Eu thing, for me, now just comes down to identity and aspiration. I don't identify with the Brexiters. And I don't aspire to live in a society run by Boris, Gove and IDS. I do identify with internationalism and I do aspire to live in a world based on the best of people, not of a suspicious, nasty, immigrant hating one. As a capitalist system s what I get, whether I vote in or out, I'm going to go with hopeful, outward looking aspiration and try to change things for the better wherever I am. So I'm an in-er. And God help us if the other lot win and Boris is the next PM. If you thought things were bad now...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:19 pm 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:

Have been happy with the Spurs' chaos performance but find it hard to get behind England. They attract the worst kind of people to support them, the racists, the bigots. I was trying to explain this to my 16 year old how you used to find those kind of wankers quite often in society, in pubs and clubs and on the streets. But their behaviour became less and less acceptable and now they only surface in the most base forms of social organisation, like away games of the footy.

No doubt there was provocation, although most of the Russian thugs are also racists and bigots, so why people with so much in common still want to kick the shit out of each other is beyond me. Just proves what a bunch of knuckle dragging thickos they all are.

And as for the French police, they've been kicking the shit out of strikers for the last month but that hasn't made international news. It's just so predictably dull, I despair.

And the Eu thing, for me, now just comes down to identity and aspiration. I don't identify with the Brexiters. And I don't aspire to live in a society run by Boris, Gove and IDS. I do identify with internationalism and I do aspire to live in a world based on the best of people, not of a suspicious, nasty, immigrant hating one. As a capitalist system s what I get, whether I vote in or out, I'm going to go with hopeful, outward looking aspiration and try to change things for the better wherever I am. So I'm an in-er. And God help us if the other lot win and Boris is the next PM. If you thought things were bad now...

As above. I agree.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339 ... 342  Next