Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 143  Next
 Post subject: Re: Insomniac's Corner.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:35 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

48 hour deodorant. What's that all about then? For people who don't wash every day? :Oink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:51 am 
Hawleytastic!

I'm waiting for M&S to start selling 188 hour undercrackers - purely on an environmental basis you understand :shock: :roll: :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:11 pm 
Hawleytastic!

loftyeric2 wrote:
48 hour deodorant. What's that all about then? For people who don't wash every day? :Oink:

Perhaps it doesn't start to work until after 48 hours?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am 

Poppy Dog wrote:
I'm waiting for M&S to start selling 188 hour undercrackers - purely on an environmental basis you understand :shock: :roll: :wink:

They'd be ready for composting, certainly, after 188 hours :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:27 am 

Don't usually re-post stuff from Face ache, but this is worth it....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1157166247334

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:02 am 

Oh dear.... I'm on holiday from work this week & I've just found myself on the Flightradar24 app, checking that ''my'' aircraft have all taken off safely :roll:

Anyway, I've been digging in the forgotten bit behind the garage & I've found, so far, a couple of plastic coal sacks, a paint roller, half a bucket & a ladies' shoe. No foot though, as yet :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:42 am 
Secretly Canadian

If you can find a one legged cross dressing coal merchant who's front room needs tidying up you're on a winner there.

"you ain't afraid of no alleyway when you are the thing in the dark"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:22 am 
Hawley Groupie

loftyeric2 wrote:
Oh dear.... I'm on holiday from work this week & I've just found myself on the Flightradar24 app, checking that ''my'' aircraft have all taken off safely :roll:

Anyway, I've been digging in the forgotten bit behind the garage & I've found, so far, a couple of plastic coal sacks, a paint roller, half a bucket & a ladies' shoe. No foot though, as yet :mrgreen:

My brother introduced me to Flightradar24. Its addictive. I go outside to watch them fly over when possible. Bit of a relief someone else apart, from me and my brother, and his son love it.

I dug up an enormous metal spring, and some 1970s broken china, in my garden at the weekend. Not keen on the frogs/toads that jump about the place though. Have to keep the girly screams under control.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:25 am 

Frogs are great :alien: (nearest smiley to a frog) I've found a few of those, too. I talk to them, obviously. Found another coal sack today, in perfect condition, which will come in handy for all the other things I find. Today I got some electrical cable, parts from a venetian blind, a coffee jar and bricks of course - dozens of bricks :roll:

Got into Flightradar24 at work. When there's fog at the destination of our mail flights we're offered overtime in case the plane can't land & has to come back, so we watch its progress. Sometimes they'll circle for ages before giving up & returning.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:49 am 
Hawley Groupie

I talk to the frogs, but more like "please stop it, and go away" , I don't like you jumping about". They don't listen. Then I get a bit winey, "I will have to go in, if you keep it up".

Yesterday afternoon, I found an old medicine bottle, with a bit of cork left in it. That was quite good. Id take a photo of it, and post it, if I knew how.

Would the planes that display at air shows be on Flightradar24? Or is it only, scheduled stuff? How exciting that would be.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:33 am 

Today I found a large rusty hinge. And more bricks. I'm beginning to think there's a house under there :shock:

Don't know about the planes at an airshow on Flightradar24. Perhaps light aircraft aren't covered :?:
The Lancaster shows up when it's.... up, as does the Canadian Lancaster. ..>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:06 pm 
Hawley Groupie

loftyeric2 wrote:
Today I found a large rusty hinge. And more bricks. I'm beginning to think there's a house under there :shock:

Don't know about the planes at an airshow on Flightradar24. Perhaps light aircraft aren't covered :?:
The Lancaster shows up when it's.... up, as does the Canadian Lancaster. ..>

How exciting, we went to the Duxford air show to see the 2 Lancasters. We had tickets for the 3 Lancasters but "Vera" lost an engine, unfortunately the rescheduled date was the same as Duxford. From some weird reason I get a bit tired and emotional when I see old planes. My eldest daughter downloaded a spitfire starting up, as my ringtone.

Duxford is always a fantastic day, but the Lancasters were magnificient. My kids got me the t.shirt, but Im not allowed to wear it outside the house.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:19 am 

Didn't get to see the 2 Lancasters fly, sadly. Have seen PA474 in the past though :D Saw Concorde land, at close quarters, at East Midlands Airport in the 1980s, when you could still view the aircraft from just the other side of a wire fence. Real lump in the throat moment. Strangely, thirty years on I now work pretty much on the very spot I stood then - the land now occupied by Royal Mail's air operation.

And here's one I loaded earlier.....
loftyeric2 wrote:
Nearly two years at my 'new' job :shock: . I still miss dear old Bessie, but here's actual footage of one of the birds I get to spend time with these days. Isn't she fabulous? 8)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:58 am 
Hawley Groupie

Something about a plane taking off, although an everyday thing, is so exciting. Maybe its the propellers. In 1991 I had an enormous bit of luck. My aunt, who on finding out she was expecting her second baby, decided against the "Champagne lunch, trip to no where for two, on concorde" her husband had booked. I obviously jumped into her shoes. Went up, glass of champers, watched the digital clock clicking over until it reach mach2. I so wanted to hear the bang, but the pilot pointed out we had left it miles behind.
It was brilliant.

My daughters boyfriend proposed to her in the cockpit of the BBMF Lancaster, what a lucky girl.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:44 am 

I am positively green with envy on each of those experiences :mrgreen: :wink:.....
The aircraft parts, I mean, I don't want to marry your daughter's boyfriend :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 143  Next