Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: George Osbourne
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:23 am 
The Boss

I just want to say how truly appalled I am.....,and am still even now at this late hour trying to get my head around George Osbourne using the sad deaths of those six little children to have a go at"dole scroungers"and try and score political points on the day their murderers where sentenced to jail,whatever your views on the benefits issue surely any decent person would have the tact and decorum to wait at least a few days before publicly airing ones views,if at all.......to me it showed his shocking and quite open contempt and lack of respect for ordinary folks......saying the parents of those children are typical of the"lower unemployed classes"is as ignorant as saying all middle class educated people are like Harold Shipman.......surely folks want to have children to love and cherish them?........does he and all the"thinking"!!!!!??????.....people like him seriously think a couple would have a child so they can get an extra £13 a week?......shame on you Mr Osbourne,I,like many of my fellow British citizens believe politics and politicians have reached a desperately low point in our countries history but you have managed to sink to even greater depth's today,you are an appalling politician but I believe you have revealed yourself to be a far worse man,your lack of compassion and basic humanity astounds me in 2013 I hoped we had grasped some decency.....you have let go of yours with both hands....………the judge in her summing up of the Father of those poor children mentioned his total lack of a moral compass,look in the mirror Mr Osbourne.......It seems that man,who is now thankfully in prison,isn't the only one who could be accused of this..that is all I have to say.

Post subject: Re: George Osbourne
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:57 am 
Regular

Thank you Richard for saying what i have been thinking all day. And more eloquently than I could because it's made me alternately speechless and swearing at the telly, both of which are pretty impotent responses.

Yes he's shown his true colours. In months people will be starving from benefit cuts and I am scared that he will let them. But what scares me more is that he will have done the polling and know that some people agree with him. It feels like we've lost our collective organisation to be able to stand up and fight back against this vile perception that welfare is a handout for an easy life. We need to get organised to stand with the poorest in our communities because I fear what's coming their way - this is just the start.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:05 am 
Regular

Richard can people like yourself or Jarvis stand up and say this publicly? In the press? Surely that's what national treasure status is for ;) - seriously though we need lots of high profile people to stick their heads above the parapet and say we've had enough of this.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:45 am 
Hawleytastic!

My new favourite person, Owen Jones, has been writing about this and all over the TV all week.

I couldn't agree with what you say more. They have used this horrible tragedy to hammer those struggling in the recession. The majority of people who claim benefit WORK, they just don't get paid enough to support their families. But that fact is being ignored by everyone so it suits the Tory agenda to say people on the breadline aren't decent people who've fallen on hard times, they're Shameless, depraved scum who murder their kids to get a few extra quid.

These whole thing has made me sick to my stomach, sick because of those beautiful kids, sick because their parents did it, sick because this 32 year old wife, who looks 100, was with no doubt a victim of domestic violence, sick because these vile rich, elitist filth are using it to damn millions of people in society, and sick because, as a cursory look at Facebook or any other social media will tell you, that some people are all to ready to agree.

A lot of my friends on FB this week were discussing who is worse, this crew or Thatcher's government and, at the moment, for me, the jury's out. xx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:28 am 
Regular

Hi Helen, I think this bunch are way more callous - but what Thatcher did was sow the seeds of an individualistic selfishness that allows them to get away with it.

Can I just say though, what an oasis of good people this forum is! I live in a town where the Mail's the paper of choice and it's good to find sound people who are rooted in caring and kindness to others.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:34 am 
Hawleytastic!

All this shows just how removed the Tory party are from listening to anyone and anything but their own baseless prejudices. They are foisting ideology upon us without any sense of empathy, compassion or logic. The sooner the election comes to vote the idiots out, the better.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:17 pm 
Hawleytastic!

this lot are worse than thatcher, at least they had a sense of one nation conservatism about them.
cameron and osborne are just about division.
the sickening justification they use that they are the wealth creators and we are all living off them and THEIR wealth is quite bizarre by any standards except theirs.

god help us all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:51 pm 
Hawleytastic!

And no ruling class person is responsible for murder, war, forced famine, deprivation or genocide I suppose. They just outsource it.

Anyone interested in how the media spins these things would do well to read Owen Jones' "Chavs"

Osbourne never did a day's work in his life anyway

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:56 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I can't believe the man, that's just despicable. This is what politics is all down to at its worst (does it have its best?) - everyone always trying to score points over the other parties - but this must surely be an all time low.

I haven't been able to read any of the news reports, it's too upsetting, those poor poor kids. And those poor poor kids that have survived, what are their lives going to be like knowing their parents did that? Just awful. :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:37 pm 
Hawleytastic!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:56 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The deaths of those six children is one of the saddest things I've ever read in the news. It really is very upsetting to think of them. I think George Osbourne must have something wrong with him. So disrespectful.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:24 pm 
Hawleytastic!

i seriously think we need a revolution. if it takes the form of a general strike then so be it. there has to be some focal point for people to rally to. the tory press barons are force feeding scare stories of the feral working class whilst they all get another 100k a year from the 50% tax cut. it makes me feel physically sick. :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:34 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Your comments on the press and politicians Mick made me think of this gem from The Lords of the New Church -

Video games train the kids for war. Army chic in high-fashion stores. Law and order's done their job. Prisons filled while the rich still rob. Assassination politics. Violence rules within' our nation's midst. Well ignorance is their power tool. You'll only know what they want you to know. The television cannot lie. Controlling media with smokescreen eyes. Nuclear politicians picture show. The acting's lousy but the blind don't know. They scare us all with threats of war. So we forget just how bad things are. You taste the fear when you're all alone. They gonna git'cha when you're on your own. The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy. You gotta wake up from your sleep. 'Cause meek inherits earth...six feet deep. Open your eyes see the lies right in front of ya. Open your eyes.....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:34 pm 
Regular

Now Cameron wades in backing Osborne up:
http://m.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/a ... tt-welfare

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:40 pm 
Hawleytastic!

While we're at it