Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:08 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Waiting for a parcel to arrive, something I'd ordered over the internet (a parasol for the garden-cheaper to buy now for next summer). then I notice the tracking says unable to locate. Oh bugger, I look on the delivery company's website, no option to give directions, no phone number. I manage to find a phone number elsewhere, ring it. It's an automated system with no way to talk to a human being and therefore no way to give directions.
Ok , so I try the company I bought it from. Got a phone number, but what do you know. No human being, no way to give directions! It's bloody ridiculous, I wish there was a website that told you what companies use actual people for their customer services, cos I wouldn't use those that don't. that's one of the reasons I bank with the Co-op , they don't try to filter you off into automated bollox. :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:06 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I am so with you there SC - impossible to contact companies by phone any more - where are the PEOPLE? How many times do you hit the 'contact' button only to come up with 'send an email' - why can't I talk to a human being any more???? If I have the misfortune to visit a supermarket I flatly refuse to use the self scan checkouts and not only because they frighten the hell out of me, but because they do the job of a human being - 6 self-scanners = 6 people without jobs, or the self deposit machines in banks - makes me die - you're standing in a long queue and there are more staff asking you if you are paying in cash and pointing you to a machine than there are on the actual pay stations. I also tell them why I won't partake - much to the embarrassment of my daughters who really cannot understand why I'm protesting - what went wrong? I spent my youth protesting and marching and my youngest watched 4 episodes of The Krapdashians the other night! BEAM ME UP!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:59 am 
Hawleytastic!

There is a way round sometimes. If the automated instructions ever ask you to "followed by the Hash
Key", forget the first bit and just keep pressing the Hash Key, you'll then get "please hold while we
transfer you to an operator"! ..>