Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: nhs reforms
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

here it comes, mps vote soon on the reform bill for OUR nhs.

have a look at http://38degrees.org.uk/

and see what you can do to save it. write to your mp. do it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:49 am 
Too much time on my hands

Posters are being erected today asking Mr Cameron to listen - 38Degrees and supporters doing some sterling work - and I will have more time to do what I can now, having just been informed that our Charity is closing its doors due to lack of funding - It has hit us all really hard - Been there 10 years and trained damn hard - love my job, apart from the ever increasing beurocracy, and have cried every morning since - it is the end of an era, such good well needed work done there and 20 excellently qualified, hard working, professionals who actually care about people will be out of work at end of March. So sad. It's been a battle all the way over the last year or so and feel like I haven't got any fight left in me now x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:11 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Oh Marie, I had no idea. Am so sorry darling.

This government are c***s and I don't use the word lightly. They are ideologically dismantling the NHS and we all have to find it from somewhere to stand up and fight. The NHS is not perfect and there are all things we could come up with to make it better but this is wholesale privatisation, cherry picking the best services to give to their friends, dressed up in some bollocks notion about choice.

I have a very good friend who is a GP who says he knows no health professionals who think it is a good idea. If people are tired and depressed through struggling so hard, the rest of us have to keep on going for them.

Keep your chin up lovely. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:19 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

the profitable bits will get privatised, then they'll try and pull the plug on the rest as they'll say it costs too much money to run. Asset stripping. It'll happen over the next 10 years or so.

It's tragic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:48 pm 

Money, money, money and targets that are only ever related to something measurable and quantifiable. What has happened to words such as caring, compassion, empathy, understanding, patience? Or self-esteem, self-belief, enjoyment, contentment? We can't measure those so they are ignored by the powers that be.

I am so sorry Marie. People are fighting on your behalf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:07 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Lou wrote:
Money, money, money and targets that are only ever related to something measurable and quantifiable. What has happened to words such as caring, compassion, empathy, understanding, patience? Or self-esteem, self-belief, enjoyment, contentment? We can't measure those so they are ignored by the powers that be.

Here here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:40 pm 

helenwatson wrote:

I have a very good friend who is a GP who says he knows no health professionals who think it is a good idea. If people are tired and depressed through struggling so hard, the rest of us have to keep on going for them.

Keep your chin up lovely. x

Thanks Helen. I spoke to my GP who is a wonderful, wonderful doctor, and he said he would resign if Lansley is allowed to go ahead and I see clients who are referred by GPs and none of them, as far as I can make out, want any part of it either x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:42 pm 

Lou wrote:

I am so sorry Marie. People are fighting on your behalf.

Thanks Lou and very well put - exactly what we have been saying in our place x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:47 pm 

Annual trip to the houses of parliament tomorrow - shall I tell 'em all that we are all deeply underwhelmed with their methods of government? Admittedly were going to see out mp - Paul Bloomfeld - he's pretty sound ( for a politician) but if we see Cameron, Clegg or Lansley I'll give them the evil eye!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:59 pm 

Go for it katikins! x