Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:38 am 
Hawleytastic!

Am really struggling at the moment but just trying to get through each day as best as I can. Known my friend for 20 years – he was knocked off his bike by a hit and run driver. He leaves a partner and beautiful two year old, who he adored. She is being so brave but is bereft. Don't do God in our house (especially after shit like this) but he was the equivalent of a godfather to my kids, who are devastated, angry and lonely. My other half has lost his best pal and I feel like I have lost my brother. Doing funerals and wakes and orders of service and photos. And I just can't seem to eat properly or sleep enough or stop feeling miserable. Keep expecting the phone to ring and him to say: Alright Hels Bels and talk to me about some old shite, the footy, the kids, moan about work, take the piss out of me for some reason. That won't ever happen again and it's so hard to accept.
Thank you all so much for being so nice. I've been trying to keep my chin up but its painful and exhausting. It's nice to let off steam somewhere nobody knows me really and you are all so kind. Much love. xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:40 am 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

Shit...

We had this brilliant friend who got caught up in a 3 car pile up..a few summers ago...he & his knackered racing bike didn't stand a chance....we loved him cos he was so upbeat a great storyteller.....we take flowers and ciggerette cards write his name on them & throw them out to sea from time to time, so he knows that we haven't forgotten him......he had this great saying.."Life is like a dance & everyone has their time to go".....
xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:25 am 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Thinking about you.
It's a lovely morning up here, i hope it's the same where you are......he sounds like he deserves a sunny day xxxxxxxxxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:17 pm 
I need a life

nothing much to say that hasnt been said already but yeah just know all our thoughts are with you even all the way over here in Oz :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:41 pm 
Hawleytastic!

It's such a terrible thing to happen. Losing a loved one can be almost physically painful and exhausting like you say. I've found that going for long walks in the park with friends or your partner can be of some comfort. Best wishes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:14 am 
Too much time on my hands

Oh Helen, nothing anyone says is going to take your pain away, but just know that we are all here for you to 'let off steam' anytime you like. Support each other in your grieving love and let the tears fall - your kids will help you through. Lots and lots of love xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:06 am 
Hawleytastic!

Said goodbye to my beautiful friend on Thursday at a service in the forest. Surrounded by friends, he came in to This Charming Man by the Smiths and out to Common People by Pulp. People spoke beautifully about him, including my fella who was just great, saying how much he meant to us and the kids. My boys, in their Spurs shirts, were so sad but took comfort in all the friends around them, especially all the ones who offered to take them out for a kick about every week, just like my friend used to.
It was the best send off he could've had, the best party with the guest of honour missing – we hired a pub, got pissed and had a curry (for 200!). Even managed to get through it without a Coronation Street type drama, although Corrie boy that he was, he would've been disappointed that someone's skeleton didn't fall out of the cupboard for all to see.
Now we just have to get on with life, take care of the living as he would say. Taking his girl away for sandcastles and rockpools this summer. Going to make sure she's surrounded by love at all turns. Best thing we can do for him now.
Thank you everyone for being so nice. And thank you Maggie for looking after me, you a truly beautiful person. xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:55 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Glad you got through that Helen, hope your friend's little un is doing ok.
Big love pet xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:21 pm 

Makes you realise how precious life is and how you have to live for today, make the most of every moment, you just don't know what's round the corner....lots of love Helen Xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:14 am 

Sounds like you all did him proud Helen and gave him a lovely send off. Its not going to be easy love but when you are in the midst of your pain try to remember the love that you and your friend shared for each other because although you have lost him you will always have that in your heart. Let yourself feel the feelings Helen and know that whatever you are feeling you are meant to be feeling at that moment. Remember tears can be cleansing so let them fall and wash away your pain cos the only way to get through it is to go through it - and I know you already know that - you just need some time to heal. Lots of love X