Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:56 am 
Site Admin

the best tea towel.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:53 am 
Hawleytastic!

Great stuff Denise, I might get it for my mum.

We have a royal wedding sick bag on our fridge. Would copy a nice picture of it but don't seem to be able to manage to do that sort of thing anymore... x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:33 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Brilliant :*: I think they should do a commemorative 'Extra Bank Holiday' tea towel too, after all, that's going to be the best bit :alien:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:34 am 
I need a life

every brit should have one- over in oz- the pm is being mocked for going to the wedding because shes an athiest who wants to make australia a republic when the queen dies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:32 am 
Secretly Canadian

Got right up my nose seeing Wills halfwit half brother on the news this morning. Poor lamb's going to Norway for a few days. Is it not enough of a story in it's own right to be newsworthy without needing that little prick involved??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12889112

"you ain't afraid of no alleyway when you are the thing in the dark"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:02 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Only one more day of this bollocks and then hopefully the country will return to normal (whatever that is). If I hear Cameron speak on behalf of 'the nation' one more time, passing on our best wishes to the happy couple, my blood pressure will go through the roof. Off to Cromford tomorrow, to escape the hysteria and set fire to any bunting I spot on the way :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:26 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Oh Julie, I'm so with you! Fuck-wit-itis is sweeping the land and anyone who says anything otherwise is a miserable, joyless, loveless, old prune. Fucking getting out of the country for the day. If there's one thing I hate more than anything is watching the cap doffing to these parasites.

There is a campaign to pay Royal cleaners the London Living Wage, being run by the PCS union.

"Friday 29 April will see a Royal Wedding in the UK costing an estimated £100 million - met by the taxpayer.
Meanwhile, the people responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of the Royal Household, the cleaners, get paid just £6.45 per hour.
PCS Union, who represent cleaners working in the palaces,has launched a campaign to try to ensure that the "Royal Cleaners" are paid the London Living Wage - £7.85 an hour.
The London Living Wage is endorsed by the London Mayor and cleaners in the House of Commons and the House of Lords are paid at this rate. With
the £30 million per year that is paid to the Royal family of the upkeep of the Royal Household it is clear that the Royal family can afford to pay hard working cleaners
the London living wage.

Get in touch for promotional material!

Sign petition:
http://www.pcs.org.uk/en/culture_media_ ... eaners.cfm

Anyone who tries to rope you into a Royal love in, tell them to put that in their pipe and smoke it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:14 pm 
Gentleman of floral persuasion

helenwatson wrote:
Fuck-wit-itis is sweeping the land and anyone who says anything otherwise is a miserable, joyless, loveless, old prune.

I'm sure a lot of people who read and participate in this forum don't agree with you and are non of the above.
Wedding day for a happy couple(tax funded royals or not) to a union rant...........impressive. :wink:

Try this link if the wedding pisses you off............

http://www.republic.org.uk/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:36 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Ah Dickie, maybe your cap was too doffed to read what I said properly. I wasn't calling those who want to toast the happy couple as "miserable, joyless, loveless, old prunes." That's just the reaction you get off Royalists when you dare to raise the idea that you might be disinterested.

And I'm bemused that you think pointing out that some of the richest people in the world pay the people who clean up for them a measly £6.45 an hour is some kind of 'union rant'. Your vitriol is just funny... x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:51 pm 
Gentleman of floral persuasion

Or....you may be too angry a person that you can't see i was playing devils advocate for anyone on here who might be interested in the wedding(myself not included),but are put off posting their thoughts.

But you're probably right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:15 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Mmm, didn't see Helen's statement as a union rant, more as factual information. I don't object to the 'happy couple' getting married, it is the overkill drivel churned out by the media and others that really induces the urge to vomit...and there is little escape from it at the moment. It is being pitched as the antidote to all the misery and suffering in this country, if not the planet. Personally I don't see how two rich, over privileged kids getting hitched is going to suffuse the nation in a warm glow of happiness, when many are losing their jobs, homes and basic human rights. But hey, maybe that is just me being angry :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:07 pm 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

helenwatson wrote:

Anyone who tries to rope you into a Royal love in, tell them to put that in their pipe and smoke it.

Well.. yeah, I've blown out my invite to the street party in my neighbourhood..mostly because tomorrow is my only day off for ages & I've got better things to do than binge on union jack fancies and listen to my elderly neighbour banging on about his irregular bowel motions.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:24 pm 
Hawleytastic!

beeshette wrote:
...I've got better things to do than binge on union jack fancies and listen to my elderly neighbour banging on about his irregular bowel motions.....

:*: :*: :*:

Match.com would pair me off with that guy - well if he were a girl - well no they wouldn't as I am married and a bloke...

Anyway I'm planning a day of easy drinking - taking in the Sun [hopefully] - having the TV on playing the Wedding with the sound turned down - and The Pink Fairies cranked to bostin' on the gramaphone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVk4jQt7 ... ure=fvwrel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:46 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Th local news is showing schools around the region having mock weddings for the kids. Horrible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:59 am 
Hawleytastic!

It's finally here....The Big Day!!

What a load of BOLLOCKS!! :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next