Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:42 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Spent the best afternoon today with my mate and Ian Clayton in The Red Shed in Wakefield..........pity you couldn't stay too Mandy........we had the best time...here we are staggering out after a couple of hours and a few pints!

Never met a nicer man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:47 pm 
Hawleytastic!

He was Jean, he sent me a nice message thanking me for today, absolutely lovely chap. :D :D it has made me smile all day.

& let the dreams come softly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:15 pm 
Hawleytastic!

This is a great picture :D so glad you all had a nice day :D :D Was weird John said to me you have a message on FB from Ian Clayton :shock: I had a look and he had saying thanks for liking BIABH and please read my next one then he sent me a friend request seems a lovely fella :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:58 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I had not heard of Ian Clayton before last weekend. I didn't realise that he accompanied Richard in The Ocean series until he mentioned it. He helped to make the day special at Bushey Heath Farm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:15 pm 
Hawleytastic!

He would make any where special .......he is a great friend of Richards.....which is why Richard did a very special version of The Streets Are Ours at Billie's concert a few months ago....I don't know how he got through it - he was in tears as he started.......

Read Ian's books if you are interested in music and people....and read Our Billie because it is a very special book!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:36 am 
Too much time on my hands

I read it last week. I'd bought before I went on hol but it came back from Spain unread, i mistakenly thought it would be a depressing read.
Like his other book there's so much more to it than just the subject matter, you need to read it to find out why I'm not good at putting things into words.
I e-mailed Ian after I'd read it (wanted to know how to send some money to the trust he's set up in her memory) told him what I'd loved about it and thanked him for sharing it with us. He replied straight away and it was like chatting to an old friend.
I've put a review on Amazon and so has Jean. (I've never seen so many reviews with 5 stars before)

It's week since I read it but it's stayed with me and affected me profoundly, every time my daughter has an adolescent strop I count to 10 and think of Ian, Heather and Edward.
I can't recommend this book enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:19 am 
Regular poster

I have not yet met Ian Clayton ,but my sister Louise knew him , she used to work in the Labour Club in Wakefield ( as it was known then ) on a Saturday , Ian used to drop in and he got a signed photo of a female tv presenter for her and she gave it me as a present , he comes across as a cracking chap , on a side note to topic , the Red Shed holds special memories for our family , my dad (Colin Marsh ) , who passed away last year was a member for almost 40 years there and i went in regularly when i was still at home , indeed after my dad's funeral we went back there , also on the back wall now , there is a plaque dedicated to my dad.
Aplogies if i went off topic but the picture of the Red Shed brings back many good memories for me . When i go in there the world makes a bit more sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:28 pm 
The Boss

a lot of the world makes sense in Ian's company