Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: BT
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Check your latest/next BT bill folks - especially is you have monthly direct debit billing. BT have just 'adjusted' their billing period so that instead of, for example, receiving your monthly bill on the 30th of December for payment by 14th January to cover line/broadband rental to the end of January, this month's bill includes line/broadband rental until the end of February as well. In our case, this has doubled the bill for the month. No letter, no previous warning. The lovely BT lady in Mumbai calmly explained that 'this is happening to millions of BT customers this month and no one else has complained' .... reallly?

AND after switching to a single supplier (British Gas) to save money, our combined gas and electricity bill is now £179 PER MONTH :shock: :shock: :shock:

Moan Moan Moan Moan

And only 353 days to Christmas :*: :*: :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:55 pm 
Secretly Canadian

Have the internet disconnected to save yourself some money. :wink:

"you ain't afraid of no alleyway when you are the thing in the dark"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:58 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I'd rather get rid of Sky TV than Broadband .... the male members of the household would strongly disagree I suspect! and anyway ... who would you insult? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:17 pm 
Scone hoarding gobshite

do not get me started on BT :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:58 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I sent an email of complaint; this was my reply after 31 years as a BT customer:

Dear Mrs Henderson,

Thank you for your email.

I have tried to contact you, but unfortunately you were unavailable. If you wish to speak with me regarding your issue please send me an alternate contact number. However in the mean time I will deal with your issue and email you with the resolution. If you are happy with that please do not respond.

I am sorry that you are not happy with the BT billing and thinking of leaving BT. BT is moving all customers to a new billing system, this also allows us to simplify some aspects of our bills in response to feedback from customers, and to offer new packages of telephone, mobile, broadband and Vision in the near future.

If you should have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us again via e-mail.

Thank you for contacting BT.

Yours sincerely,

Is it me? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:02 pm 
Site Admin

It would be interesting to know exactly which customers gave them the feedback they are basing this change on.

And what joy, they are moving to offer more packages - that means I'll be getting more letters trying to get me to come back to them.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:04 pm 
Scone hoarding gobshite

i had HUGE problems when i moved house recently and they'd always been fine before that. won't bore you with the details (it went on for weeks) but in the end out of sheer frustration i posted my letter of complaint (cos there's no one to send one to!) on the moneysavingexpert forum - there's a whole thread dedicated to BT! and guess what someone pm-ed me within hours and it got sorted from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:33 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

How many times do I have to tell BT that I don't want to/can't bring my calls back to them. I get free evening & weekend calls from my internet provider, and a good rate for daytime calls. They throw this in with my broadband. BT can't compete with the broadband rate I get, so why would I want to change? But still they phone every five minutes. Three times a day lately, as I don't answer their calls :*: I picked up the phone today, thinking it was someone else, but when a far away sounding voice came on the line, I cut him off. :twisted: I'm a rebel, me :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:41 am 
Site Admin

I've now moved my line completely away from BT (previously I'd only moved call provider). So I expect I will now get re-doubled attempts to get me to go back.

Prior to leaving them, timed to mean no further BT bills, they still sent me a bill for the next quarter. Had to cancel the direct debit and thus receive a snappy letter from them that I still owed them for the next quarter. I actually owed them 87p (but had to pay them £1.00 as they won't accept less than £1.00).

Lofty - there's a telephone preferences site where you register your number to prevent nuisance calls, and BT's calls are a nuisance.

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

Get rid of them when they call about broadband etc. by saying the service you have is a condition of your job - that usually shuts them up as there is little point their then pushing their services at you.

And if nuisance calls of any sort still come through you can identify them using these sites, check through previous poster's comments to see if anyone has added links to contact the offending company.

http://www.whocalls.co.uk/
http://whocallsme.com/

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:45 am 
Hawleytastic!

loftyeric2 wrote:
How many times do I have to tell BT that I don't want to/can't bring my calls back to them. I get free evening & weekend calls from my internet provider, and a good rate for daytime calls. They throw this in with my broadband. BT can't compete with the broadband rate I get, so why would I want to change? But still they phone every five minutes. Three times a day lately, as I don't answer their calls :*: I picked up the phone today, thinking it was someone else, but when a far away sounding voice came on the line, I cut him off. :twisted: I'm a rebel, me :P

That made me laugh - very politically correct Lofty! :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:48 pm 
Too much time on my hands

loftyeric2 wrote:

I never cut them off. I just put the phone down and let them talk to themselves while I go back to eating my tea (or supper or dinner, depending on what part of the country I'm in). :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:16 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

:*: :*:

I'll register on that telephone preference site. I've actually done that before, but I reckon it lapses eventually :?

My Mum was telling me today, she had someone ring up from 'far away' too. When they asked politely ''How are you today?'' She replied ''Well, I'd be better if it stopped raining''....''Pardon?'' ...''I'd feel better if it stopped raining''....They rang off :*: