Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Knobheads on the road!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:32 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Just been involved in a bus crash..some dickhead pulled out in front of the bus i was on, saw it coming really he went out first, the hesitated, then decided to go for the gap, bus had to slow down and ploughed into the side of the car (a nice big Merc)! luckily no-one was hurt, but the driver of the car ran off, leaving his missus there..his missus said he'd got an appointment at the home office and couldn't be late..so he left the scene of the crash!! nobhead.., anyway, all the people have had to give a statement of what happened, reckon the driver of the car will be in trouble when/if he returns!

surprises me how many nutters there are on the road these days, some one had a go at my missus the other day cos she pulled in behind this blokes van, thinking he was letting another lorry come through, the guy got out and gave my missus some right greif, unfortunately i wasn;t in the car otherwise i'd have said summat, but she was in with my 3 week old son, it upset her cos she said she was really calm and he was beling a prick, and it looked like he could have turned at anytime if she hadn't remind calm.
tossers.

www.myspace.com/roamingson
www.facebook.com/roamingsonuk
www.facebook.com/marklyall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:37 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Don't get me started...

The driver was probably pissed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

odds on he had drink on him if he legged it from the scene. I presume its against the law over your way to leave the scene of a crash as it is here ? On Monday I drove from Dublin to Cork and back that night, 6 hours driving and the amout of arseholes I encountered who should just not be on the road. one lady though it was cool to control her micra with her knees as she put a clip in her hair doing 120 kmh down the motorway right beside me, another bloke tried to cut me up in the q for the toll and half ended up in a ditch himself when I didnt let him in. :D

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:00 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Crikey! yep i reckon he'd had a drink or summat, and was just going to the nearest coffee shop to sober up...or lick coins..yes i think it is illegal leave the scene so he'll probably get whats coming to him!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:12 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Wouldn't it be ironic if this "appointment" at the Home Office required a criminal records check to be made - he's going to have one by the sounds of it!!

Glad nobody was hurt, that's the main thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:16 am 
Too much time on my hands

That's awful! Something's really changed in the past few years here, the driving has reached new lows. I think some of it is how soundproof the cars are (plus all the distractions inside). And as a walker (or animal) you don't hear the cars coming, like years ago. And just stupidity, as well.

~ K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:24 am 
The Boss

there's two lads round our way that drive round the estate in a boy racer at stupid speeds and one of these days they'll fuckin kill someone if not themselves a neighbour who's a lovely lady tried to have a quiet word and was threatened they are utter fuck wits and they are welcome to kill themselves if they wish i just hope they don't injure some kid along the way.I saw a cyclist get killed right in front of me some years ago outside the Rutland pub and it was horrific there was blood everywhere,very traumatic experience,the driver was pissed i believe he got three years in the nick for it i had to go to court and give evidence as i was one of only three folk who saw it,doesn't seem like much for taking someone's life away from them does it?Maybe if sentencing was more severe it would be a deterrent?I don't drive and never will it scares the shit out of me even thinking about it i prefer to walk or get a bus or a cab or if Uncle Palf is being nice(which he always is bless him)then a get a lift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:55 am 

I was involved in a bus crash years ago - I remember it well 'cos I was the fucker driving the bus. Late at night at the terminus on a local estate a Mk4 Cortina screeches to a halt just across the front of the bus, and 5 young lads all pile out and come running round and try to push open the doors. I just put the fucker into gear and floored it - ripped both their nearside doors clean off :*: And then the old bill tried to have me for driving away from the scene of an accident. :? Luckily the union got their solicitors on the case and it was dropped. The number of slaps on the back and handshakes at work was amazing. :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:03 am 
The Boss

my step Dad is a bus driver and he hated driving late nights at weekends in the city centre cos of idiots so they put him on a rural route on the edges of the city and into the countryside which he is far happier with,my `uncle `gordon was with sheffield transport for 40 years he got acid thrown at him once on the last bus luckily it only hit his uniform madness.....utter madness

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:56 am 
I need a life

bloody hell... there are some real lunatics... who the hell would throw acid at someone??!! im with you on the driving richard- never wanted to drive, nothing better than a good walk, gives you time to yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:10 am 

I have had a driving licence for nearly 30 years but about 5 years ago gave up the car - I can walk to town, or get a bus, I walk to work, walk to the park, to the allotment- bascially anywhere I have to go.There has only been a very few occasions where I wished my car back -when the kids are at different ends of Sheffield and both need picking up, or when I've had to get the first bus ( pre 6am) tp get to the station to get to anywhere.
It's not only the driving but the appalling parking that gets to me - my fault for living sandwiched between two private schools!. The latest thing is to drive the wrong way up the one way street ,then park either on the corner, double yellows, in the parking bays designated for residents or even over people's drives - and on one occasion on their drives - just to get as close to the school as possible -
phew - now that's a rant and a half!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:09 am 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
I don't drive and never will it scares the shit out of me even thinking about it i prefer to walk or get a bus or a cab or if Uncle Palf is being nice(which he always is bless him)then a get a lift

I feel exactly the same - except I don't have an Uncle Palf to call on! :?

Just the old unreliable bus service - I complained the other day but of course had the same old letter about the fact they don't have enough drivers, they did let people know about the timetable changes (I get the local papers and there was bugger all in them) and there isn't room to put notices in the buses letting the passengers know about the timetable changes (big bus, lots of windows - no room?!!) - and best of all it isn't their responsibility to make sure that the timetables by the stops match the website - bloody hopeless!

Public transport is the bane of my life. I can't wait to move to Sheffield - at least you have trams as an extra - I might actually get to places on schedule for a change!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:12 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

I drove buses in sheffield for 4 years. I was spat at, had eggs lobbed at me, was threatened by another companies driver and got up at 3 in the morning to take the first buses out. I'm not ashamed to say I left because I was scared of working the night shifts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:35 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I hate driving and have hated it for years now. It seems to me that when I get behind the wheel of a car, I enter this lawless world dominated by bad tempered and agressive people. Like every motorist, I make mistakes that in most other areas's of life would be laughed off or at most constitute a light bollocking. But if it's a driving related error, I feel I run the risk of a severe beating.

I used to drive for a living many years ago, and was on the road for seven days a week sometimes. The job wasn't too bad then but I wouldn't do it today. There are too many inconsiderate and stupid people out there who drain every ounce of pleasure from driving.

Some neighbours were hit by a car when walking though town and they were walking on the pavement - they were in and out of hospital for months. One of my mates was not so lucky; he was walking back from town with his girlfiriend one night when a car ploughed into them at speed, and killed them both. They were walking on the pavement too. Left three young kiddies without their mum and stepdad. My brother was walking home from work one night and crossing a road. A car came speeding around a corner so fast he could not get out of the way, knocked him down and did not stop. He was bruised for months.

Where possible, I prefer to walk instead of drive, but can't help thinking that I am taking my life into my hands when I do so.

Regarding the original post, at least no one was hurt which is the main thing.

Cheers, Steve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

i was never bothered about learning to drive really, i got driving lessons for my 21st, took my 4 attempts to pass my test..couldn't afford to buy a car,, i;m 37 now and took a few refresher lessons last year and got back into it,. my missus used to drive everywhere and i felt like i needed to get driving again,it's helped out a lot, especially now having a 2nd young un around, i can nip off and do the shopping, take the young un's & let the missus have a rest.
to be honest it scared me the thought of driving, but now i've got my confidence up and i'm loving it. it's just the other cockends on the road you've got to watch out for.