All times are UTC [ DST ]

Summer or Winter
The hot days 24%  24%  [ 5 ]
The cold days 76%  76%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 21
 Post subject: Summer or Winter?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:42 am 
Flange cheese munching cockend

This may seem a stupid poll what with it 'pissing' it down for the last few days!! Personally I like a stiff breeze, winter sun, snow and playing 'slidy' on the ice!!:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:45 am 
As I am off sick today due to "Heat Exhaustion" I should say i prefer it cold, which i do. it has been impossible to escape the heat so i have been vomitting instead. Nice eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I went for cold although i do love the summer heat as well, but to agree with Michele when you work in an office as small as mine on the 4th floor of a huge building, the fact its 30oc doesn't help! :oops:

Give me a hot cuppa, a woolly jumper and an evening of being curled up on the sofa anyday on a freezing cold day! Although you also can't beat a cold crisp pint, sitting in a pub garden, getting wrecked in the hot sun! <*> :Drunk <*>

Hoorah for hot and cold!

Its the rain i despise! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:23 pm 
Spring or the Fall when you get the best of both. Only four possible options and Dave still manages to miss to of them. Nice going Sherlock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:13 pm 
Vicar of this parish

Being old (28 ) and having bad screws I need lots of exercise - most of which is done by cycling which I hate in cold weather. Having said that after a day out on the bike, any exposed skin not lathered in factor 50 is peeling like a leper the day after. I don't see much snow down here....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:30 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I'm a coat obsessive... so it's the cold for me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Hate to go out without a jacket (to store keys,cigarettes, lighter, handkerchiefs, pen and notebook, sunglasses, contraceptives, ...).
I'd go for the warmer days of winter, or otherwise rain and a cool breeze in summer. Favourite climate: 12 °C and a mild drizzle (best football weather).

http://soundcloud.com/the-sellers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:00 pm 
Scandinavia's biggest house husband

Pro-winter: Countrymusic, cigarettes, coffee, footy on the telly, no insects or allergies caused by warm weather.

Pro-summer: Girls. Burnt sausages. Countrymusic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:39 am 
Flange cheese munching cockend

Ignatz Wrobel wrote:
Hate to go out without a jacket (to store keys,cigarettes, lighter, handkerchiefs, pen and notebook, sunglasses, contraceptives, ...).

Indeed Ignatz.....I had the same dilema just the other night, absolutely roasting weather, but had no were to store the said items!! Someone suggested some kind of 'man handbag'.......which was met with a swift and resounding FUCK OFF!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:25 pm 
Original Hippy

The answer is to take the missus. Although once your keys, fags, mobile etc disappear into the depths of her handbag it could be months before they resurface again.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:30 pm 
I'm going to stick my flag firmly in the icy tundra of wintertime. Those cold summer months are absolutely my favourite time of year, the dark evenings and those icy days when the sun shines are amazing. Summer time invariably means hay fever and asthma, not to mention being attacked by wasps and bloody daddy long legs. It's been like a sauna in London for the past ten days, just too fucking hot. The pollution here is bad anyway, but it just turns fetid and smells of dead bodies in hot weather. Absolutely horrible. Roll on the winter months!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:19 pm 
Too much time on my hands

The good thing about being cold is that you can put more clothes on. If it's hot, you're not allowed to take them all off, and if you do you get skin cancer AND YOU'RE STILL HOT ANYWAY!
I have moderately serious health trouble in hot weather. Hence my insistence on hats - even Galene allowed herself to be seen out with me in the Adelaide baseball cap, that's how serious it is! In this sort of weather, I'm very glad I don't live or work in Central London, and don't have to use the Tube regularly; however, due to long-term drainage problems Wealdstone is less than fragrant at this time of year. :x
And we're getting an especially dislikeable mixture of heavy rain and heat here, which has had some interesting effects on carpets.

All of which is a very long-winded way of saying that I voted with the winter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Bah humbug you coldies!

Being a keen student of the female form, bring on the warmth and the clothes they don't wear. Nothing better than a lunchtime stroll around a city centre patch of grass to check on tanning levels.

:WOOHOO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:17 am 
Site Admin

Dee Dee Ramone wrote:
Bah humbug you coldies!

Being a keen student of the female form, bring on the warmth and the clothes they don't wear. Nothing better than a lunchtime stroll around a city centre patch of grass to check on tanning levels.

:WOOHOO

Exactly Dee Dee, !!! thanks you !!! summer is where its at !, if any of you ever visit Dublin, go up Grafton Street on a hot summers day, with you shades on of course, you will be suffering major tripod syndrom before you make it to the top, guaranteed !!! tripod syndrom (think about it !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:47 am 
Original Hippy

Extreme Rice wrote:
however, due to long-term drainage problems Wealdstone is less than fragrant at this time of year.

Hey Wealdstone!!! I used to live there, on Herga Road (??), just around the corner from Harrow & Wealdstone tube & a stones throw away from Wealdstone FC's ground, which I believe is now a supermarket. I used to drink in a pub on the main drag called "The Case Is Altered". The last time I tried to drive through there, the road system had altered dramatically.

There was a bikers pub dead outside the station, which is where the High Numbers, soon to become the Who, are supposed to have played their first gig.