Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:18 am 
Donkey Cock

Bastille was wild during the early nineties, acid house and all, but now its a tad tourist/fake trend and all, but htis address s good.
let me know next time you go there, so we will boire un coup!

Last edited by Coolfrog on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:21 am 
Site Admin

c'est un plan mon ami. fo shizzle.

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:25 am 
Donkey Cock

ca le fait!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:55 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I used to love Youngers No.3 in Whitelocks, Leeds city centre. The place was tucked away so well that it was sometimes hard to find. Is it still going?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:12 pm 
Hawleytastic!

JohnnyNewEggs wrote:
I used to love Youngers No.3 in Whitelocks, Leeds city centre. The place was tucked away so well that it was sometimes hard to find. Is it still going?

Whitelocks is still open its a great pub, lovely in summer outside & the food is very very good

& let the dreams come softly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

one of the few places worth going to in leeds city centre. it's like a war zone on a saturday night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:03 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Mandy G wrote:
JohnnyNewEggs wrote:

Whitelocks is still open its a great pub, lovely in summer outside & the food is very very good

Got very drunk :BEEEER in there prior to seeing Mr Hawley play at the Civvies. We were intending to eat before the gig but Whitelocks stopped serving food at something rediculess like 6.00pm.
However, last time we were there had the delicacy that is the fish finger sandwich! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:09 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Class :*: Next time your there the steak pie is to die for :Oink:

& let the dreams come softly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:43 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The Stag's Head - Dublin. Just a great pub all round. Instant rapport with anyone. One distinct memory I have is of a fella walkin in and upstairs with a bag of chips, we're standing next to the door, without a scond thought the guy offers us a few. Just a no-bullshit place. Legend has it my mates father used to have to drag his own father out of there by the legs.

The Foggy Dew - Dublin. A few reasons we drink in here. #1 Ideal meeting place, right beside the most central bus stop in the city. Everyone meets at the concourse across the road anyway so you can see who is there while having a nice pint. #2 you always meet someone you know there without fail anyway. Points deducted for being terrible when there is a match on.

The Oak - Dublin. Mentioned already by Eoin. I like this place as it's central, never too packed and again is a no bullshit establishment. Best DJ in town on a saturday in the basement too. Right across from my mates apartement so we tend to fall in here a lot.

The Long Hall - Dublin. Again mentioned by Eoin. First place I was ever drunk, way back, was about 16 (late bloomer). It's pretty much a national treasure. Has the same timeless charm as the Stag's Head.

The Pavillion - Dublin. Located in the famed Trinity college in the heart of Dublin, this place is perfect for an pint from april-june on a sunny evening. The grass is filled with people lounging around taking it easy. Haven't been there in a couple of years now my student days are over (not that I ever went to this uni anyway!). Probably the only place you'll ever see cricket on this island too.

Royal George - London. A good place to go in the afternoon to read. Get's impossibly busy at night though. Used to be a good place to get a few in before they knocked the Astoria down.

The Athenaeum - Manchester. One of those chain pubs you guys have in the UK. As far as I know this place used to be a bank. Big vaulted ceilings and a quiet atmosphere. Definitely an afternoon pub.

O'Donohues (formerly ThingMote) - Dublin. Under new management, to it's detriment. More office clientele now than there used to be. Had many a great night here, and it's still a good place, peaceful in the afternoon, buzzing in the evening. Used to come here to write a fair bit. If I were to ever own a bar it would be this one. I'd chuck out the fucking jukebox for a start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:54 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

This is the place to go on a Sunday afternoon.... The Actress and Bishop in Brum!
You get Dean on drums (Hawley commitments permitting) his mate Al on double bass and anyone else they can rope in - splendid stuff... :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:18 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

julie Murphy wrote:
This is the place to go on a Sunday afternoon.... The Actress and Bishop in Brum!
You get Dean on drums (Hawley commitments permitting) his mate Al on double bass and anyone else they can rope in - splendid stuff... :*:

Good boozer, played there upstairs a few times. Watched Trevor Burton there many times. When people come to mine for a night out I usually take em there or Digbeth. Didnt know Dean played there regularly though :oops:

Heres some more:

Camden

Grimsby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:12 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Alan - I didn't know O'Donoghue's was ever under a different name. I've spent many nights and a few afternoons in there during boozy trips to Dublin (mostly in the 1990s). There used to a giant of a barman who would boom your order along the bar to colleagues before delivering a handful of Guinnesses seemingly from on high.

It was a great music pub but there were some nights more recently when it attracted rugby teams or stag parties. Shame. I would always round off the evening with a trip to nearby Abrakebabra. Delicious shit. Mmmmmmm. :D

I'm hoping to get over to Dublin for a blow out sometime early next year. As I've mentioned before on here I love the Palace bar and Bowe's in Fleet Street too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:56 pm 
Hawleytastic!

JohnnyNewEggs wrote:
Alan - I didn't know O'Donoghue's was ever under a different name. I've spent many nights and a few afternoons in there during boozy trips to Dublin (mostly in the 1990s). There used to a giant of a barman who would boom your order along the bar to colleagues before delivering a handful of Guinnesses seemingly from on high.

It was a great music pub but there were some nights more recently when it attracted rugby teams or stag parties. Shame. I would always round off the evening with a trip to nearby Abrakebabra. Delicious shit. Mmmmmmm. :D

I'm hoping to get over to Dublin for a blow out sometime early next year. As I've mentioned before on here I love the Palace bar and Bowe's in Fleet Street too.

That's the real o'donohues ;) about 10 mins walk away from this one, on Baggot St.

I'm after remembering a load of other pubs now. Typical. I'll post em up soon, hopefully before you arrive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:32 pm 
Site Admin

Thing Mote was good fun before it was rebranded alright. I've been in twice since and not the same atmosphere, ohh and both times they've tried to short change me, when it wasnt even busy either the fuckers.

what i woudnt do to be sat right now in the Oak, one of the tables by the window with a nice pint watching the madness of the outside world.

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:16 pm 
Donkey Cock

INN on the green W10

just under the west way, on the left after the bridge when you are coming from portobello market.right in front of the little park.
top place. cool vibes. old, young, black, white, barbecue and smokes on the balcony, table football, table pac-man, kids running around, good music, a real lively place, chair lift, decent sized room at the back for gigs/dancefloor/movies, top gaffers and punters, opens quite late, plenty of smiles and laughs (no winkers), good guinness, exhibitions, poetry, mick jones did a gig there recently.it s an oasis.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next