Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ryanair
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:55 pm 
I need a life

are ryanair becoming the new ticketbastard grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ok, so they've never had a good rep, you gets what you pay for and all that but they're taking the fookin piss big time with their 'new & improved' credit card charges that cannot be avoided unless you've got some random card called a visa electron ?!?!?!?!?
I decided to buy a return ticket as is customary if you plan to return home and discovered there would now be a £4 charge on credit card transactions per flight... now surely if its all within one transaction there should only be one charge or am i being naive and missing what a credit card charge represents these days... and whats happened to the 'print and go' boarding pass that got you on the plane first, now you have to pay an extra surcharge if you want to do that, what happened to women, children and old dears first

i can't afford not to fly cos of my work in ireland and providing the plane is full its actually 'greener' than me driving there for 12 hours as a single passenger which I have done once in the past... the bastards have got us over a barrel

:twisted: :evil::twisted: :evil::twisted: :evil::twisted: :evil::twisted: :evil::twisted: :evil::twisted: :evil::twisted: :evil::twisted: :evil::twisted: :evil::twisted: :evil::twisted: :evil::twisted: :evil::twisted: :evil::twisted: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:34 pm 
Miss fanny on fire!

i was a bit stumped by all that last time i flew ryanair - the preferential boarding costing more...the credit card charges...the baggage charge...the airport taxes.......turns out your 99 pence fare ends up costing 50 quid........

they do have you over a barrel though cos what else are you supposed to do?.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

the one thing you can be thankful for MOL and Ryanair for is that fact that if they didnt come on the scene you'd probably be paying an extra 100 quid a ticket plus for a UK - Ireland trip with BA or Aer Lingus return so for that I am grateful in a way but....

all those charges are bollocks just quote a damn price be upfront and honest about it. To check in a bag at the airport its an extra 30 euros if you are going with a family for every additional case its an extra 40 so 3 cases is 110 ! Then there is an extra 10 for priority boarding, and 10.50 for insurance. They have you over the barrel as 90% of people will be going somwhere that requires a suitcase so will need airport checkin. Priority boarding, well alright you dont have to get that or insurance but they are already pre selected for you when you book so if you even notice it you need to physically deselect them which knowing their booking site if you were any way not used to booking with them you could easily overlook them as compulsory extra charge.

I need to fly with them as I work at Stansted Airport from time to time and no other airline goes there from here but given a choice I'd pick Aer Lingus every time at least you know by paying that 30 quid extra on occasion they actually do look after their customers in my experience and if it all goes tits up and you get stranded you'll at least get looked after and kept informed.

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:53 pm 
I need a life

couldn't agree more about Aer Lingus, never been let down once with them... as for Ryanair, don't get me started on the amount of times I've nearly missed my flight cos they've announced that the flight is late but then failed to update anyone, leaving passengers to guess where it might be leaving from... or refusing me to board with an acoustic guitar on the last flight of the day from Dublin to Gatwick, more often than not an half empty plane! and then they just shrug it off and expect me to have a pleasant journey while I'm worrying about my guitar in the hold... wucking fankers :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:09 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Yep - advertising should be fair clear and not misleading - and most of the budget airlines are in breach of this...

And don't get me started on car hire - I advise folks video the exterior of any car hired at pick up - then ask the company rep to view it prior to inspection at drop off...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:20 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Just booked a return flight to Dublin for next month. Outward £3.99 and coming back is an unbelievable £0.00. That's only £3.99 to get to Dublin and back!!

Yeah, and the rest...

Total was £52.57 after all the tax and the disgraceful credit or debit card booking fees of £4 each way. Well, I could hardly pay by cash, could I? Checking in also costs £8 unless you opt for online check-in. Not sure how it works but it must be worth £8.

The online booking software is even set up to trick passengers into getting travel insurance for an extra £5 or so (I can't remember exactly how much) unless you spot it and change the drop-down menu.

It's like spending four quid at Tezzies and being charged £50 to use the checkout!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

I hope the Guinness is worth it.

P.S. Anyone recommend a decent hotel near St Stephen's Green/Lower Camden Street area? £75 to £100. I'm looking to book it over the next few days. PM or post. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:41 am 
I need a life

JohnnyNewEggs wrote:
Just booked a return flight to Dublin for next month........

.........I hope the Guinness is worth it.

you bet its worth it... ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:23 pm 
Hawleytastic!

CB wrote:
JohnnyNewEggs wrote:
Just booked a return flight to Dublin for next month........

.........I hope the Guinness is worth it.

you bet its worth it... ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Had a good drink. The back room at the Palace bar in Fleet Street at lunchtime on both days. Lovely.

Hats off to Ryanair. Both flights bang on time and no hiccups, mix-ups, cock-ups or forced landings. Which is nice.

Camden Court Hotel near St Stephen's Green was just the ticket if anyone's heading to Dublin and looking for a decent place. Great kebab place 50 yards away which stays open all night.

I had a mooch at Mr H's stuff in Tower Records out of curiosity and they had a special edition of Lady's Bridge featuring a mini-documentary. What's that all about? I hadn't heard of it.

Bit pricey though. I think it was 20 Euros.

I think the Guinness played tricks. I saw Dumbledore (Michael Gamdon) wearing a James Joyce-style fedora strolling down drizzly Grafton Street. True!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:33 pm 
Site Admin

Lady's Bridge plus DVD is the Special Edition, it was certainly more expensive than the standard CD but 20 euros is too much.

Amazon £10.98 is a good price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ladys-Bridge-Sp ... 149&sr=8-6

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject: Re: Ryanair
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:25 am 
Hawleytastic!

CB wrote:
are ryanair becoming the new ticketbastard grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:twisted: :evil::twisted: l:

A man was sitting in the bar in departures at a busy airport. A beautiful woman walks in and sits down at the table next to him. So he decides because she's got a uniform on, she's probably an off-duty flight attendant.

So he decides to have a go at picking her up by identifying the airline she flies for, thereby impressing her greatly.

He leans across to her and says the Delta Airlines motto 'We love to fly and it shows'.

The woman looks at him blankly. He sits back and thinks up another line.

He leans forward again and delivers the Air France motto 'Winning the hearts of the world'.

Again she just stares at him with a slightly puzzled look on her face.

Undeterred, he tries again, this time saying the Malaysian Airlines motto 'Going beyond expectations'..

The woman looks at him sternly and says 'What the f*** do you want ? '

'Ah!' he says, sitting back with a smile on his face.
Ryanair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:51 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Newspaper article today, Ryanair charge a nine year old girl €10 for returning her lost purse. Some sort of administration fee.

JohnnyNewEggs wrote:
Great kebab place 50 yards away which stays open all night.

Awh, it burned down and never re-opened.
Iskanders R.I.P. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:34 am 
Newcomer

weird thing is, visa electron is the card you get when you're like 16, before you get a proper debit card. no raised numbers/letters, ha. yet often no charge for it, so, pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:02 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Flying with Ryanair to Limoges tomorrow and this week I have had 3 emails to remind me to check-in online but more importantly to re-iterate the baggage rules, limitations and penalties! :evil:

I guess that to boost revenue they must have the "Baggage Police" on red alert. :twisted: They will be able to say to anyone who breaches the rules "We warned you more than once - pay up!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:16 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Quote:
I guess that to boost revenue they must have the "Baggage Police" on red alert

Very true...I flew back from Greece a few days ago and narrowly missed getting charged. As soon as the girl on the check-in desk saw we were getting close to our allowance, she summoned a supervisor who made us weigh everything we were holding. While she was being summoned, I squirrelled two camera lenses into my pockets, and hid a book on a shelf in front of the check-in desk, out of her view. We scraped by with 400 grammes to spare, much to their disappointment.

Cheers, Steve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:19 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Got back from France on Saturday evening and to be fair the flight back (and flight going) was early(Cue: Annoying trumpet call!). We were not overly concerned about the baggage weight because we had carefully checked them before leaving home and the handluggage dimensions were supposed to be within the rules.
Mrs LPD bought a can of hairspay in the duty free shop and was told to put in the case before we could board. Fair enough. The bloke in front of us had a rucksack twice thw sze of our bags and carried through a carrier bag of drinks and food to consume on the journey and nobody said a word!

What also annoys is the prices of the onflght drinks and snacks etc. They have virtually doubled in price since last year. The other con is the scratch cards they try and sell. When the attendents walk through the cabin they shout all the way through "Scratch cards for childrens charities" but when you read the print in the magazine it says "A donation will be given to childrens charities". Yeah - 1%, 2%????? :evil:

Rant over!