Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:27 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Just thinking about the savagery in that Parisien concert hall last night, I feel for those families that lost their kids/loved ones whilst they were attending such an innocent event, and obviously those that tragically perished at the hands of these nutters.
Richard - safe travels as you head over to the continent. Sober reminder for us all about how frail we all are in the face of evil/random brutality.
God speed you, the boys and crew and safe home.
And to those who are going to watch/listen - you have a right to enjoy in safety. Take care all.
X

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:24 am 
The Boss

I have no fear I will get on that stage with a good heart see you there X

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:44 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

It's the most beautiful thing humans can do, not giving into fear. What I've seen coming out of Paris reassures me that the people know and believe this with all their hearts. Their examples of grace and perseverance have been awe-inspiring. Lessons I wish we had learned here, for ourselves, and for everyone we dragged (and continue to drag) into the mindless whirlpool of our fear. Thankfully, there were some sane minds who wrote clarifying books in the ensuing years, and I have wished that the people here who need to read them the most would do so, and take heed from their wisdom. Two that have stood out, which I've clung to, are The Terror Dream by Susan Faludi and the Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein. Those books delineate in great relief the long-ago origins of American fear; that distinct, uniquely American fear which was not born on 9/11, but which we allowed to beget our explosive, destructive orgy of fear since. But as vital as those books are, they were only cold comfort, and we are still not paying attention. If only we had behaved as Paris is behaving now. I hope that one day soon we may finally figure that out.