Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:02 pm 
The Boss

er can i have one?also has anyone got a recording of me playing twelve string guitar in germany with the Go-betweens?????I would love that as a memento

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:11 pm 
Regular poster

Woah Mr Richard Hawley himself, what an honour!!! Richard the 2003 show with the Go-betweens link is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/213296571/R ... _.rar.html

Richard Hawley (supporting The Go-Betweens)

Darmstadt, Centralstation, 9th May 2003

MD Recording>Unknown>CD>FLAC>wav>mp3 (monkeys)

1.Something is...!
2.The Motorcycle Song
3.Baby you´re on my light
4.The nights are cold
5.Oh my love
6.You don't miss your water (till your river runs dry)
7.The only road
8.Run for me

I also have the Go-betweens set if anyone is interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:35 pm 
The Boss

yes it was theirs i was interested in as well,there were two gigs i got up and played with them,i cannot for the life of me remember which gigs though,i played on one song with them.....cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:35 pm 
Hawleytastic!

It's taken all evening but I've finally downloaded winzip, unzipped the Royal Albert Hall show, managed to find it (eventually), put it in Itunes, rename the tracks - and listening! Phew!

Happy New Year my new favourite - but I haven't got to Uncle Frank yet. Got a soft spot for Uncle Frank - he was brilliant! :D

Now to plug in the ipod to see if it blows up or not! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

I've just done the first Rapidshare download and when I tried the second was told I could not do any more and now I have to pay to download any more - so now I can't get the other downloads. :(

I shall be using Megaupload for mine as they don't charge to use it.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:46 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Well the ipod has decided to come back to life - bloody thing - talk about mucking me about! Never mind - Devils Arse Lady Solitude video and Royal Albert Hall gig on the way to work tomorrow! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:57 pm 
Regular poster

Right i'll just finish uploading Salford 28.5.2006 part 2, and then i'll up the Go betweens set for Mr Richard Hawley and anyone else who wants it later today :D

To those having trouble with Rapidshare I apologise. I have an account with rapidshare and megaupload so i could use either but when i used megaupload yesterday it installed its toolbar without my permission and then proceded to cripple and pollute my system with adware via redirection so i removed it and went back to using rapidshare. If you wait a couple of hours rapidshare will let you use it again or perhaps someone who has already downloaded the show could post megaupload links.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

I just tried again and it is letting me do the next download so looks like the trick is to wait a while and then try again.

Ta Bobster, I had a bit of a long journey home tonight due to traffic and the RAH show kept me going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:17 pm 
Regular poster

http://rapidshare.com/files/213506940/S ... 2.rar.html

:D :D :D

This is one awesome show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:13 pm 
Hawley Groupie

bobster wrote:
Quays Theatre, The Lowry, Salford 28 May 2006

Source/lineage: CSB>D8>Sony 55ES>[optical]>Soundblaster
Live!>WaveLab>CDWave>FLAC

Wavelab was used to do the fades,
no other processing was performed.

<snip>

Did I really write such a long info file and then forget to credit myself and add my usual 'please don't encode to mp3' request?

Entirely possible, knowing me. But if someone has been editing my info files... tut tut.

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:27 pm 
Regular poster

I certainly haven't altered the info file, this is how the show was traded to me! I always respect tapers wishes, im a taper myself. If the info file had said please don't trade or convert to mp3 then i wouldn't have. Personally i hate mp3 and only trade lossless shows but not everyone can download such large files or understands how to convert from FLAC or SHN.

Do you wont me to delete the links?

Are there any other shows on my list you recorded you do not wish me to share?

Thanks to JessieAddick (and others) for the XFM session and links, very nice!

Glad people are enjoying the shows, thanks Richard for such awesome performances!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:50 pm 
Hawley Groupie

I certainly wouldn't ask you to pull down links after you've gone to the trouble of uploading - especially as I was obviously too awed by the gig itself to put my usual anti-mp3 clause in there...

Funnily enough, I was intending to re-transfer this show shortly - before my DAT players finally give up the ghost, anyway.

I understand the appeal of mp3s but in these days of broadband and massive hard drives, I reckon we should be encouraging people to go lossless for all but cheap and mucky Ipod thrills...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:08 am 
Site Admin

Don't forget though that some people still have limits to their broadband download allowances, even those who have 'unlimited' downloads are subject to fair usage policies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:09 am 
Regular poster

I completely agree with you! Im more than happy to re-up the show in lossless chunks and delete the mp3 (great recording by the way). Mp3 is pretty terrible especially at say 128kbps...yuck!

If people wont lossless i'll reup all the shows and delete the mp3. I've got over 3500 live shows in my collection (my dbetre list is a small fraction of what i have) and probably only around 150 are mp3 and awaiting an upgrade.

When i uploaded stacks of Mark Lanegan shows i did so in lossless chunks only to find my shows being distributed in mp3 a few weeks later despite my threats! It took a lot of time to do, and i did so out of love for his music, but some bastard is always going to spread them in mp3. Once its 'out there' you have no control im afraid and info files lamenting tapers wishes don't count for much. Its the demand for a quick download fix unfortunately, the dreaded ipod generation...

Im gonna hold posting anymore mp3 shows until i get some more feedback on this from everybody, i dont won't to upset anyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:38 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Dawoodcock wrote:
The files are in a zip folder. If you've not got an 'unzip' program, go find WINRAR, click on extract which takes the songs into a new folder from which you can use them.

http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR/3000-22 ... 07677.html

(It's a trial version but to be honest, after your trial expires all you do is click close on the menu that pops up reminding you the trial is over and you continue using it).

Thanks for that Denise, worked a treat. And thanks bobster for all the great stuff, my head's spinning :shaking2: Marvellous to hear the Albert Hall again, I thought that one lived only in my head till now :thumleft:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next