Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dublin Olympia 30th Sept
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:52 am 
Newcomer

Awesome gig Sir, as always. Well worth the 200 + mile round trip from Belfast!! Gordon was outstanding !!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:00 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Fantastic gig. Richard and the band were in great form. There was a few technical issues at the start but Gordon got it sorted. I brought a friend of mine along who had never seen Richard live before. He was blown away and loved it. He wants discover the Hawley back catalogue.. I told to just buy them all but get Coles corner first. Richards voice sounded great as always and the musicianship was perfection. Come back soon Richard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:33 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Bulit a little holiday around the gig - Sunday was saying 'Hi' to Phil and a visit to Bruxelles then a walk past Whelan's to Devitt's followed by Hotel check in and after a walk about a drop in at The Ferryman - Monday was monsoon day so a call at The Oak after picking up tickets and troop down to Tom Kennedy's was in order - by this time we were soaked so thought it would be a good idea to walk back the two miles to the Hotel just to make sure we were really wet through - later the Olympia Circle Bar and some Brandy [medicinal] before GCWCF and The Clive Mellor Experience - Tuesday it was decided that the pub should be avoided so we did a few hours at the EPIC Museum after which we went to The Ferryman - Wednesday was home time and as I was driving from Liverpool the pub ban was enforced although I did call in at the Offie for some cans...

....all in all the visit was pure bliss - would be happy for any additional dates that may be added come 2020 [fingers crossed] to include a few more around Ireland - as I have a love of transport and would like to go over by train and ferry and then train it around the Isle - Clive can you fix this for me?

Can't make Manchester Monday as being a fully fledged Impressario have a gig by the excellent Rod Picott to attend [a few tickets still available http://www.danarts.org/events/rod-picott-in-concert/] - however I will be at Brum come Thursday - where we'll no doubt end up at the wrong O2...