Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Gigs
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:44 pm 
Newcomer

helenwatson wrote:
Bloody hell! Stokey! Hipster central. Time for the band to grow poncey beards to fit in. Have some tips for the top on the pubs and grub front if anyone wants them. I might even go!!!

Some pub tips would be most welcome please. Thinking of eating at the Mangal in Arcola Street as I’ve heard good things about it. Also, slightly pedantic but surely EartH is more Dalston than Stokey? :D

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 1:04 am 
Newcomer

What time you all starting to queue? Will I need a beach towel for the unreserved seating?

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 1:07 pm 
Hawley Groupie

I can't make it so have posted my tickets on Twickets for face value if anyone's interested

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:04 pm 
Site Admin

Holmfirth

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:27 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Strings - Wow! ..>

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 12:43 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Just got back after tonight's gig, what an experience! I have so missed the full lineup complete with the major guitar work!!

Venue nice (or will be once the beautiful art deco bits are restored), although they did allow standing at the front so the poor people on the front tier had to stand up too or they would have lost their view of the stage.

The set was fantastic, the album tracks are instantly fabulous, Midnight Train is so perfect it brought me to tears (!!), it was so worth the wait to hear Richard's version after hearing in the musical. It is already in my ultimate favourites list and I haven't heard the recorded version yet! An old fashioned 12 inch version of that one would be fabulous!

Loved the additional musicians, a strong string section and two very dapper gents with their saxophones, of course mention has to be made of Clive Mellor who brought his considerable talents to various tracks :D

I so wish I could go again tomorrow but unfortunately work and a cat home alone won't let me!

Tour news soon please? Looking forward to the next gig already!! <*>

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:46 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Brilliant night. Tickets for sale for tonight are no more, changed work about and going again instead it was that good :Hoorah

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:21 pm 
Newcomer

What time did you get there? I'd like to be able to get near the front but I'm on my tod so I don't fancy having to wait ages. What time did it finish? Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:39 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Doors 7.15
Support 8-8.30
RH 9- 11
Long Q to get in, get there a bit later and stroll in, you will get to the front or find a seat no problem.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

Trinity wrote:
What time did you get there? I'd like to be able to get near the front but I'm on my tod so I don't fancy having to wait ages. What time did it finish? Cheers.

To the left hand side down the front (as you come in) is reserved seating but on the right hand side at the front are chairs which are slightly better than sitting on the wooden bench, but your not really close to the artists - good view of the guitars and Colin though :) . There is a row that has sort of pouffees along it but they are in pairs and they do not span the entire row.

What we experienced last night was that only one person was in the standing area for the support but about 5 minutes before Richard came on all the guys who had been standing at the back by the bar moved down to the standing area. The two wheelchair users had to ask to be allowed space to be able to see through them and those who were seated in the first three rows in the centre had to stand.

We were joined last night by someone who was on their own (small world, turned out she was the ex of an old work colleague!!).

Enjoy as it was a fantastic concert and don't miss the support, he was very good indeed.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:54 pm 
Newcomer

Great, thank you very much. What time did the support come on, hopefully I'll get there by about 7.45 :-)

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

Trinity wrote:
Great, thank you very much. What time did the support come on, hopefully I'll get there by about 7.45 :-)

He was on at 8, did approx. half an hour, then Richard on at 9 and plays till just before 11. Probably took us 15 minutes to get out and head back to Dalston Kingsland, our train (going to Stratford) arrived 3 minutes later and one going to Richmond arrived about the same time.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:59 pm 
Newcomer

Great thank you :-)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:10 pm 
Newcomer

Woweeee! What a great gig, as usual! Well worth the wait!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:35 pm 
Newcomer

Thanks again to Jamesy for the ticket :-) I am so happy I got to go, it's been so long! It was really quite surreal being able to get right by the stage and there were so few people down there, what an amazing experience just lovely. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next