Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Rooney.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:18 pm 
Gentleman of floral persuasion

I thought it was a Beckham style fall out over his private life as Fergie's got history of getting rid of troublemakers.But after watching him in the press conference then listening to Rooney's reasons,i felt quite sad,for the first time in my life, for Fergie and Man Utd supporters.
What's it come to when a player,playing for the worlds biggest club,wants to leave,stating that he wants to join a more ambitious club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:23 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Rooney obviously has things to sort out in his life right now and probably isn't judging things or people in the best way. His adviser might want to look at himself and ask if now is the right time to add to the list of things Rooney needs to deal with. Any Manchester United fan bleating about loyalty can just fuck right off. Ask Everton fans about the circumstances in which their Rooney left. Mnachester United are fucked up financially and Ferguson is getting older and not bringing through the same quality and certainly can't spend on players in the way he used to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:50 pm 
Donkey Cock

he is just good enough to bang elderly hookers.
i thought Fergie's point was human enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

initially when this all brew up I thought it might have been as a reaction to dirtying his bib with the hooker etc. falling out with Fergie over that etc. and looking for a way out of the paparazzi limelight in Spain but it seems not. It doesnt appear to be about money so far as I can see but about football and if that is the case he is correct to want out. United sadly in my opinion are a debt ridden monster with a nucleus of ageing players a handful of promising upcoming players and a lot of deadwood.

For arguments sake next summer United loose Giggs, Scholes, Neville, van Der Sar, what is left ? I dont see any up and coming players there who would be fit to lace the boots of those players, ok maybe Rafael can replace Neville and Cleverly is one to watch but untried. Not only football wise will the loss be felt but also in terms of stature and leadership, those guys like Man Utd or hate them are THE last of a generation of one team players who influenced their teams both on the field and in the dressing room and carried themselvres with dignity in their private lives, an example of how it should be done. There is no money for big name signings in the past, the guys coming up are not good enough in my opinion and most probably Wayne's so Rooney not being stupid seeing this is going to want to hang around trying to carry and bail out players like Carrick, Anderson, Gibson, Macheda etc ? The man is a dick but a truly great player, great players deserve to play in great teams not carry average ones.

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:46 pm 
Hawleytastic!

It's official he's off to City - they've offered him 250 grans a week...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:50 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Poppy Dog wrote:
It's official he's off to City - they've offered him 250 grans a week...

You bastard! Just sprayed tea all over my screen in laughter!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

has signed a new 5 year deal with United :shock: :*:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 44,00.html

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:01 pm 
Regular

Rooney? - The scouse bast...... hang on a minute! He's just signed a new 5 year contract at United. Now, where was I? Oh yes... what a talented young Liverpudlian footballer he is !!!
Actually - he's got a lot of bridge building to do with the United fans - me included.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:45 pm 
Gentleman of floral persuasion

Does this mean Man Utd are not fucked anymore?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:57 pm 
Regular

I know that there are loads of ABU's out there praying for United's downfall which is probably why a lot of United fans become insular and protective of their own, be them fans or players.
However, we need to look at this crazy situation - Rooney and his agent have engineered the events of this week through total and utter greed.
They have in effect held the club and it's fans to ransom and Rooney still expects us to love him. Meanwhile United will put up the price of my season ticket by another £100 a season to help fund Rooney's taste in expensive scrubbers. [ I prefer the scrubbers from Wilkinsons at 3 for 79p myself]
BONG!
Is that the death knell of football that I can hear?
I support every single word of Ian Holloway's rant against the greed in the game and the authorities apparent collusion in it.
Bosman Ruling - what a load of bollocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:01 pm 
Regular

I'm a Liverpool fan so I don't like him at all (played for my two most hated teams, sold his story to the Sunday S*n etc) but I don't think he's done a great deal wrong here.

Man U are almost becoming a selling club to help with the Glazier's debt (Valencia is good but he's no Ronaldo replacement, with £60m profit!). He had concerns about the transfer policy and when you have Van Der Sar, Neville, Ferdinand, Scholes, Giggs all approaching the end and needing replacing then there's quite a bit to worry about.

As for the money, even though the amount he earns is absolutely ridiculous he is one of the top people in his position in the world and he could earn more elsewhere (without having to move house). He didn't support Man United as a kid, they didn't make him the player he is today (his best international tournament was at the blueshite) so he has no great loyalties, why wouldn't he seek more money? Anyone in any other profession would, imagine the best doctor moving hospital, the best musician changing label etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:24 pm 
Gimmie 6 !

Man U will be raking it in, all those burnt Rooney shirts will need replacing, near xmas an all that, very shrewd.