Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 143  Next
 Post subject: Re: Insomniac's Corner.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:30 am 
Hawley Groupie

Well, that's fair enough. He's a fine chap though, I'm knitting him an RAF pilot jumper for Christmas. Weirdly after talking to his mum, we discovered that Rose and James were at the same air shows from pushchair age. It was inevitable they met really.

One of the things on my bucket list is to be in the rear gunners position in the Lancaster when its flying. Some hope. Plus I don't think I could bend myself in such a small space.

Its not pissing down today, so I may go and have another friendly chat with the frogs. I noticed they, they lay in wait in all the damp leaves that have fallen down behind the shed. My house, and next door are down in a big hole, and are a good 10 foot lower than the others around. I've been told we are in a bomb/V2 crater. That's why I find all sorts of crap. People chucked stuff in the hole, then in the 60's they built our houses. I'm hoping for a tin bath today.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:28 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

I have a tin bath! I didn't dig it up though. Now I come to think, I can't remember where it came from. It's filled with soil & plants in the garden, although I could do with it next week as the shower & tiles are being replaced.

I daresay it could be possible to fly as rear gunner - if you were to offer a serious donation. Would probably need to be of telephone number proportions though :*: Are you a member of the Lincolnshire's Lancaster Association, by any chance?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:33 am 

Bathroom tiles have been loose for months. Decided to get them replaced professionally, along with the shower enclosure. Plumbers arriving later today. Had final shower in the old one tonight. Closed the door.....and five tiles fell off :|

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:20 am 
The Boss

Good timing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:11 pm 

:D

Bathroom is full of plumbers, garden is full of bathroom. :?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:46 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Wow, hope its going well. You are very brave, I've still got the 1960's pink bathroom suite, the house was built with. I've grown quite attached to it. The taps on the bath remind me of the Tardis, I've no idea why. I'm jealous of your bath, is it that sort of zinc stuff? I would like 1 hung up on an outside wall. I also like those, sort of of outside fridges/cupboards that have mesh in the door.

Yes, I am a member of most things to do with Lancasters. My obsession started when I was 10, my parents took me and my brother to an air show. My brother got a book about WW2, in the back there was a double page pull out of a scene portraying the Dambusters raid. There was a page full of planes, big splashes, tracer fire, explosions all in transfers. Do you remember them? you put the transfers in the position you want them on the scene and scribble on the back. We spent most of 1971 summer holidays doing a project about Guy Gibson and the Dambusters. What peculiar kids we must have been.

Good luck with the bathroom! How long does it take? You may have to chuck the plants out of the tin bath.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:36 am 

I remember the books with the tansfers, used to love those. Peculiar kids? No - I wish you'd lived near me :)
Yes, it is a zinc bath - the long shaped one, not the oval ones you could get. Once actually toyed with the idea of hanging it up outside & even using it as a bath, when a previous incarnation of the shower packed up.

Current bathroom update should be finished later tomorrow or Friday morning, so that's only four days. The (downstairs) room is only five foot square so with two workmen in there all the kit and the dust & mess is spilling out into the kitchen. I've taken refuge in the front room. It's looking great so far. Trying not to let it do my head in :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:38 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Post a photo of the Official Opening Ceremony :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:56 am 

Phew, all done and with surprisingly little swearing 8) Need to decorate the rest of it now though. :|

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:09 pm 
Hawley Groupie

You have to decorate? Isn't that part of having someone do the bathroom? That's me keeping the 60's pink bathroom suite and grey tiles for at least another 20 years then. Can't face that.

I trying to track down another transfer book for my nephew. Sadly don't think he will be overly impressed. He plays computer games.

Spooky, my daughter just screaming from the bathroom, showers freezing. Think the boiler must be on the blink. Its fired up but waters cold, well not hot. I've turned thermostat up, not making any difference. Damn it, that's aggravating.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:33 am 

Ahh, the joy of having no boiler to go wrong! Shower is electric :)
No, decorating wasn't part of the deal - just tiling, new shower tray & enclosure. It's only painting I need to do & only a small area. Only complication is that, in a moment of madness years ago, the walls were done in textured paint, which rapidly started to look hideous. So I need to sort that out & make it smooth again. That & the fact I detest decorating :roll:

I'm all for technology, but it is a shame that kids no longer enjoy simpler pastimes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:09 am 
Hawley Groupie

Textured walls. Had those a few years ago. Always dangerous when you came in a little squiffy. The danger and pain of scrapping arms or face along the wall. Leaving little bits of skin on the pointy bits.

The boiler is confusing me. It seems fine now. Its a combi boiler. Its almost like it gets stuck in heating or water and cant change itself to the other. I found a way of forcing it now. My teenager cant be doing with washing hair in the sink. When I suggested it. I must have said go and wash your hair in next doors pond, from the look I got.

My nephews a good boy. I'm not at all sure about the video games though. I have him for a couple of days next week as its half term. I might send him up a few trees in the garden. Hope he doesn't fall out. I will be in big trouble.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:40 am 

Seriously considering not posting any Christmas cards this year. Just got 48 second class stamps for my mum & realised this cost her over 25 quid. 25 BLOODY QUID!! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:56 am 
Hawleytastic!

loftyeric2 wrote:
Seriously considering not posting any Christmas cards this year. Just got 48 second class stamps for my mum & realised this cost her over 25 quid. 25 BLOODY QUID!! :shock:

I know it's a lot of money just for stamps, but try to keep it in perspective.......how long would it take
and how much would it cost to hand deliver 48 cards!.........just saying like! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:11 am 
The Boss

Or don't bother and just go to the pub?.....mmmm....lovely beer......actually this year I'm making a real effort to send cards,there are so many people who've been so good to me when I did my back in its be monumentally shite of me not to at least send a card.....but beer.....mmmm...lovely beer

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 143  Next