Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Tribute Bands
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:35 pm 
Regular poster

I know not everyone likes them but i have seen a few good 'uns,probably one of the best places in Leeds to see them is the New Roscoe,last night i went down to see Crowded Out,they were excellant,the singer even with a heavy cold was superb, didn't really look much like Neil Finn but shut your eyes and he sounded mightily like him,the odd song i didn't know but the rest was like a greatest hits selection,what a lot of good stuff he has wrote,for me 3 classics,Weather With You,Four Seasons in One Day and Don't Dream its Over,and to top it off they finished off with I Got You,the Split Enz big hit ,i loved that when it came out,as some will know Split Enz was their band before going on to become Crowded House or something along those lines,anyway a cracking night was had even tho i went in the Car so nursed a couple of shandies all night. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:45 pm 
Hawleytastic!

seen THE BOOTLEG BEATLES about 10 times, its probably the closest you would ever get to the real thing, i've always had a brilliant time at their shows probably coz they tour mostly at xmas time (near my birthday)
check out the link below.

http://www.bootlegbeatles.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

I've seen the Jamm a few times always great value for money and they went above and beyond to sound like the real deal. Always a great night out.

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:48 pm 
Hawleytastic!

i'd love to see a tribute band for 'the jam', i would of loved to see 'the jam' full stop. i did sit outside whitley bay ice rink in 82' i think it was and listened to them for 2 hours, i was 12 and had to be in for 9, got in at 10.30 my arse was well and truly tanned that night. so what it was weller and the boys. must of known the end was in sight.

weller, weller, weller....... hmmm thought my keypad was shagged, i guess this is something to do with the willy lover????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

eccles wrote:
W$ll*r, W$ll*r, W$ll*r....... hmmm thought my keypad was shagged, i guess this is something to do with the willy lover????

10/10 :thumright:

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:01 pm 
Site Admin

eccles wrote:
i'd love to see a tribute band for 'the jam', i would of loved to see 'the jam' full stop. i did sit outside whitley bay ice rink in 82' i think it was and listened to them for 2 hours, i was 12 and had to be in for 9, got in at 10.30 my arse was well and truly tanned that night. so what it was W$ll*r and the boys. must of known the end was in sight.

W$ll*r, W$ll*r, W$ll*r....... hmmm thought my keypad was shagged, i guess this is something to do with the willy lover????

http://www.myspace.com/thejamm

you can have a listen her to some of their live versions. I was too young to get to see the Jam but got in to PW and all that stuff through an older cousin, got all the albums and a load of live bootlegs and these boys are spot on. They play everywhere practicly gigging 365 days a year so they'll be playing your way soon , don't miss em.

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:02 pm 
Hawleytastic!

i bet poor sunflower is in tears, bless his/her cotton socks, (i don't know the avatar is confusing me)
:eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:26 pm 
Regular poster

Well i have seen The Jamm twice and they are superb,mind you my pogoing is not what it was in '76-77 etc,i do know they are coming to the Roscoe in April i think,check out the website,although its usually on a Sunday night,ok for me as i don't work on Monday,or Tuesday,Sunday or Saturday come to that. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:34 pm 
Hawleytastic!

eoin wrote:
you can have a listen her to some of their live versions. I was too young to get to see the Jam but got in to PW and all that stuff through an older cousin, got all the albums and a load of live bootlegs and these boys are spot on. They play everywhere practicly gigging 365 days a year so they'll be playing your way soon , don't miss em.

ta for that link eoin, they do sound good and their playing the carling academy in newcastle on sunday 20th april, work on mondays had it then.
:*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:27 am 
Hawleytastic!

been to see the ROllin' Stoned a few times at the boardwalk in sheff. always a top night out - 'Keef' swaggers on. fag on the go, bottle of JD, puts it down by his mic stand and cracks into Brown Sugar. great stuff. :*:

NEWLY UPDATED!!!! Feel Free To Stop By...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:29 am 
Waitrose Warrior

Dave Woodcock wrote:
swaggers on. fag on the go, bottle of JD, puts it down by his mic stand

somewhat similar to you then dave :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:45 am 
Hawleytastic!

not since the smoking ban, mate.

NEWLY UPDATED!!!! Feel Free To Stop By...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:49 am 
Waitrose Warrior

good point :cry:

unless there are outdoor festival opportunities in the summer :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:40 pm 
Regular poster

saw the australians doors a few years ago in a small venue. really bad vibe in the room. a couple of wasted pricks pushin about didn't help. too many doped up morrison impressions, should have let the music do the work. guitarist and keyboard players cocked up in songs, so i left early, really disappointed. i hope they were just out of sorts that night and are better than that.
i really wanted to take the my 3 boys to bootleg beatles but cost too much, so thought i'd blag a quick look through the doors with the 4 year old who's mad for them, waited till the foyer was empty and just walked in. when the lovely ladies at cambridge corn exchanged saw littl'un they took us up to the mezzanine and watch them perform 5 songs. son beemed through the 15 minutes, went for a wee then left singing all the way home, yeah yeah yeah
well worth the entrance fee!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:49 am 
Hawleytastic!

Richey duo wrote:
i really wanted to take the my 3 boys to bootleg beatles but cost too much, so thought i'd blag a quick look through the doors with the 4 year old who's mad for them, waited till the foyer was empty and just walked in. when the lovely ladies at cambridge corn exchanged saw littl'un they took us up to the mezzanine and watch them perform 5 songs. son beemed through the 15 minutes, went for a wee then left singing all the way home, yeah yeah yeah
well worth the entrance fee!

Just pack it in - I'm fillin' up :cry:

What a sweet story...