Britannia Music Club!! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dodgy market stalls 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm Sean...Michele buys all mine 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Most of the above 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:00 pm 
Feckle wrote:
...Why, always the smart replies, the last word......Why I oughtta ......!!! Image

Maybe 20 years ago you might have stood a chance :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:28 pm 
Ernie wrote:
I shagged Yvette Fielding to get mine...

Yvette Fielding now does a compulsively addictive programme on satellite TV called 'Britains most haunted' or summat like that. They have to stay the night in some of the creepiest places in the country, accompanied by this mad, scouse medium called Derek who also has a 'spirit guide' called Sam!!

On numorous occasions Ms Fielding has been reduced to a quivering, bawling wreck who's just shat her pants!!! .........Top TV!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Anyone else seen it? or was it a magic mushroom flashback?? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:24 pm 
Too much time on my hands

simong wrote:
Ernie wrote:
Because my office is right next door to the huge HMV on Oxford St., Londinium I get most of my music in there.

But for more obscure stuff I head down Berwick St. to a couple of marvellous shops called Selectadisc and Sister Ray. And then there's Rough Trade down the road, but all the staff in there are pretentious wankers...

Berwick Street is the only thing I miss about not living in London (one year to the day since I came back up north). Selectadisc is great, the staff in Sister Ray are very High Fidelity (I witnessed a very funny argument about a live Magazine album). But you can't beat Mr. CD, just opposite Selectadisc (if it's still there), no item more than a tenner, the occasional bootleg and a great sign on the wall "NO CHEQUES. NO CARDS. CASH ONLY. GET IT?!?!". And you can't argue with that.

I think Mr CD is still there, but it's a little bit damp for my taste. I did get the single of Blue Skies for £1:50 in there though.
Selectadisc is my favourite down that, but living in the suburbs means it's a five-quid tube ride to get there :( PLUS all the money I spend inside. I actually like to do a little tour of all the shops: I got some nice XTC vinyl in Reckless and the Record & Tape Exchange; and Sister Ray was the only place I could ever find the first Delays single.

For my regular record shopping, I like to tour the three big shops in Harrow: Virgin, HMV (which is new) and MVC (which used to be better than it is now). Sometimes I buy stuff off the net but it's pricey for singles, and besides I actually enjoy browsing in the shops. On Fridays I go to the secondhand shop in South Harrow which is thankfully cash-only so I can't spend more than the few quid I have in my pocket by then - this week I got Low by Dave Bowie and a Buddy Holly greatest hits all on vinyl for three quid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:14 am 
Hawleytastic!

sheffieldsean wrote:
Hang on, Simon Groom lives in the Peak District and our Simons called Simon G.....bloody hell!

How's Goldie?

Damn it!!! No one was supposed to know! I go away for a few days and all hell breaks loose. Will a gold Blue Peter badge shut you up? You'll get into Weston Park Museum for free... Go on!

Anyway, thanks for asking about Goldie, not many people do. He's OK now that his acting acting career has taken off. We thought we were going to have to put him down after the death of drum'n'bass, but he's a plucky chap. He only had to sell two of his teeth.

And you'd better ask Peter Duncan about his connections with the Ellis family. It was an episode of Duncan Dares that was never broadcast :wink:

Anyway, John Noakes is popping over for sausage and baked bean casserole later (still my fave recipe from my BP days) so I'll love you and leave you!

Simon Groom :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:14 am 
I never did get a badge but I once called John Leslie a pervert and he told me to fuck off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:04 pm 
Sorry Simon, didn't mean to blow your cover. A badge would be nice though.

As for Micheles infamous John Leslie incident, I should point out it happened long before his life turned to dog shit over the past few months.

His precise words were 'fuck off bigmouth' as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:04 pm 
Hawleytastic!

John Leslie IS a pervert... charges might have been dropped, but I've heard stories...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:43 pm 
Vicar of this parish

It's the only time I've seen Graeme Norton blush, when he got told those stories..............