It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Should he stay or should he go?
Ban 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Stay 90%  90%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 10
 Post subject: Complaint re Alcyrawhide
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:52 am 
As per the posts from Cod around this section: http://richardhawleyforum.co.uk/viewtop ... c&start=15

should his ban be made permanent or should he be re-instated? In light of recent postings he's probably not too popular right now, but to be ninja'd for one comment, as out of order as it may be, seems a little harsh for someone who's been around since the early days and wouldn't normally seem to be somebody out to offend. The choice is yours....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:31 am 
I am concerned about this. I don't really think there should be a poll over it.

Obviously, the person who was actually insulted should have overall say, if you weren't insulted, why should you care? I hope the person was consulted before this decision was taken?

Although the final straw post was not directed at me I still thought it was generally insulting about women and I really wouldn't want that to continue. I don't have a problem with him staying but genuinely insulting people has got to stop.

Does Richard regret banning him now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:33 am 
Hawleytastic!

Don't you think 'in the light' of the fact that no-one has commented on 'Cod's' post in support of him that it says it all? Don't know the bloke at all, but I do know it's more than 'one comment', not recently, I give you (he hasn't posted much recently) but in the past too. I shall say no more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:55 am 
caryne wrote:
Don't you think 'in the light' of the fact that no-one has commented on 'Cod's' post in support of him that it says it all?

The poll was requested by another member who thought a banning for one comment was too harsh. Alcy has been warned, just wanted to give people the chance to have their say where they can do it anonymously if they so desire...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:53 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I've been away for a few days. Has the offending comment been deleted or something?

Campaign for free speech and democracy in the former USSR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:23 pm 
The Boss

no only in extreme cases will i allow censorship on this board.Alcy has been banned cos he caused offense to one member..who has subsequently left anyway.There seems to have been a little friction between two parties and i took the step of removing a person i know personally.I must say i'm realy tired of the in fighting as i spend a large part of my day on here but its all part of running a message board and most of the time its a laugh...............sometimes certain people just can't,won't or are incapable of getting on,there are lot of you on this board now and your not going to like or get on with EVERYONE if you don't give and take a little and it saddens me to watch the fighting

give each other some respect. and all will be well:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:56 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I missed all this.Could someone direct me to the offending article?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:36 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Richard Hawley wrote:
no only in extreme cases will i allow censorship on this board.Alcy has been banned cos he caused offense to one member..who has subsequently left anyway.There seems to have been a little friction between two parties and i took the step of removing a person i know personally.I must say i'm realy tired of the in fighting as i spend a large part of my day on here but its all part of running a message board and most of the time its a laugh...............sometimes certain people just can't,won't or are incapable of getting on,there are lot of you on this board now and your not going to like or get on with EVERYONE if you don't give and take a little and it saddens me to watch the fighting

Thanks for the explanation, Richard. After thinking about all this, I've been wondering if it might help to have a killfile function on the board. Maybe that way, people who really can't get on would find it easier to ignore each other. What does everyone else think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:39 pm 
The Boss

what does that mean exactly sorry not familiar with that funtion sounds a bit painfull?

I think its better to respect each other a little more and it'll all be fine,Mike's with me and he says it'll complicate things we're all pretty good most of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:36 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Richard Hawley wrote:
what does that mean exactly sorry not familiar with that funtion sounds a bit painfull?

:*: Sorry, it just means that you can click a button and that person's posts won't show up for you any more ... 'twas just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:42 am 
The Boss

ta for that will give it some thought :D