Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: WagonWheelMedia Gigs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:43 pm 
Miss fanny on fire!

When I first started coming on this forum a couple of years ago i noticed (quite obviously) that there seemed to be a few people here with similar music taste to myself, and i also realised that there was the emergence of a regular live music night in Sheffield, which looked really interesting...these were the americana nights run by WagonWheelMedia at Under the Boardwalk and West St Live, after a while i got up my courage to go to one of these and as i remember i saw The Wallbirds at one of their very earliest gigs that night, I met a few people from here and had a really great time, since then i've been to numerous WagonWheelMedia gigs.
The music is always great, I've seen some incredible artists, not only from the UK but from Canade, Italy, Sweden and the US, I've been to gigs that rate in my top 5 of all time, and when you've been to as many live music events as i have over the years thats brilliant going, and I've heard music that continues to be part of my daily life.
I know all of you love music thats why youre here isnt it, and i'd like to say that for those of you that live within travelling distance of Sheffield, you really should make the effort to get to these gigs, I've met a good few people who have come from quite a distance to see the artists, it really is worth coming.
Craig works really hard promoting these events, so none of you can say you dont know about the gigs, so go along, cos im dead glad i did, there are some amazingly talented artists out there, so give yourselves a break and find it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:55 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

I'll echo the sentiments above. I've been to more Wagonwheel gigs than I can remember and played a few as well as has our very own Mr Woodcock. As much as it might pain me Craig does work his rocks off promoting these gigs and has now got regular slots at the cosy little Grapes, which always offers a fantastic sound and you'll get 3 or 4 bands/artists for the price of a pint of Guinness!! I know a few of you have been down, but do yourselfs a favour....make the effort to prize your arse away from the PC screen and get down to The Grapes......You won't be dissapointed! (only by the ginger bloke standing on the door! :wink: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:58 pm 
Hawleytastic!

.. just wish I lived within driving distance ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:04 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I've got family up in Sheff, so next time I go I'll definitely try and syncronise the dates with a gig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:08 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

eeezer wrote:
I've got family up in Sheff, so next time I go I'll definitely try and syncronise the dates with a gig.

Every other Sunday mucker and a couple of midweeks per month!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:25 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Duly noted. Cheers Dave...

Post subject: Re: WagonWheelMedia Gigs
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:03 pm 
Regular poster

Marie wrote:
When I first started coming on this forum a couple of years ago i noticed (quite obviously) that there seemed to be a few people here with similar music taste to myself, and i also realised that there was the emergence of a regular live music night in Sheffield, which looked really interesting...these were the americana nights run by WagonWheelMedia at Under the Boardwalk and West St Live, after a while i got up my courage to go to one of these and as i remember i saw The Wallbirds at one of their very earliest gigs that night, I met a few people from here and had a really great time, since then i've been to numerous WagonWheelMedia gigs.
The music is always great, I've seen some incredible artists, not only from the UK but from Canade, Italy, Sweden and the US, I've been to gigs that rate in my top 5 of all time, and when you've been to as many live music events as i have over the years thats brilliant going, and I've heard music that continues to be part of my daily life.
I know all of you love music thats why youre here isnt it, and i'd like to say that for those of you that live within travelling distance of Sheffield, you really should make the effort to get to these gigs, I've met a good few people who have come from quite a distance to see the artists, it really is worth coming.
Craig works really hard promoting these events, so none of you can say you dont know about the gigs, so go along, cos im dead glad i did, there are some amazingly talented artists out there, so give yourselves a break and find it...

Nice one Marie! I agree Craigs nights are great! Ive never seen a bad band at the grapes on a wagon wheel night even if they werent to my taste they are are always good!
More people should go to these nights because they are class as is the venue!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:11 am 
I need a life

as they all ^ said, GET INVOLVED people !
as well as supporting local talent Craig's doing a grand job of bringing some great music into Sheffield, bands that may in the past have carried along the M1 elsewhere to more exotic places such as Barnsley, Rotherham and even that Leeds place are now playing and also looking forward to coming back too... can't wait to my next trip back up north for the next gig ..>