Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:24 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Thanks for the link to the Elbow session, Denise. I would have been a bit miffed if I'd missed it with all the messing about with the interactive stuff last night :?

Watched a bit of it before the footie - looked really good .. forwarded it to 'the Fix' !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:24 pm 
The Boss

we all had a great time i am totally wiped out today though but glad i left as it took ages to get off the site then drive five hours home in the middle of the night........but all worth it,i am so pleased for Elbow i think they are a boss band saw loads of mates too i haven't seen which is always a pleasure so glad to not be there after though its always a bit depressing seeing the carnage,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:33 pm 
Hawleytastic!

So did you take a tent or were you given VIP accommodation?

And have you stocked up on boot polish to repair the damage or did you wear wellies? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

there's highlights from Glasto on 6music, link here,
Elbow with Hawley around 1hour 40 into the show., althought they cut the ending of the solo off.....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/6music_aod.shtml?6music/6m_garvey
although i've just read Denise's post with the link to video footage......which is tons better.oops :oops:

www.myspace.com/roamingson
www.facebook.com/roamingsonuk
www.facebook.com/marklyall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:39 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I'm a bit late into this thread but just wanted to say what a polished and highly professional performance from Elbow. They stand out as a high quality band who put on consistently good performances. Again, as for the Culture Show performance, Richard's guitar solo finish on The Fix was totally mesmerising.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:30 pm 
Regular

Did anyone see Joan Armatrading play at glasto? I had forgotten all about her. I thought she played a great set and she was pretty handy with the old guitar. I burst into tears when she did "love and affection" great song! Me thinks I will have to buy that album all over again.

Hx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

Photo taken by one of my colleagues

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:02 am 
Hawleytastic!

I'm a total Jay-Z convert after seeing the live stuff -the boy rocked the place, not even a rap/hip hop fan to be truthful but man alive he was KICKING IT LARGE hehehehehehe......I've gone all 'street' now. Soulseek, download, instantaneous...............amy w man alive I was cringing at the whole mumbling stage but then the chanteuse inside would reach those notes and make the hairs stand on the back of my neck-I know she's fucked up and in love with a fecking idgeyt but by gum she can produce a certain something that others can only dream of. Her two dudes that sing/dance at the side pretty much sang her out of the fezzy though it has to be said-they're amazing.
Loved loved loved massive attack, always have always will, they can do no wrong.........Elbow were fucking great.......also Jimmy cliff was just IT.......the kings of leon of which I ain't a massive fan had me bouncing, especially the drummer. How big were his arms? yum. Any day mate.........I really wished I'd been there after watching the footage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:29 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Just watched the link. What a great live band Elbow are and as always the boss was superb. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:52 pm 
Regular poster

McIavelli wrote:
spank wrote:
Not quite 52 summers! Just glad to have made it before the big 40. :wink:

Not trying to plan too much but will try to catch Edwyn Collins, Raconteurs, Bluetones, British Sea Power, Futureheads, Vampire Weekend and Elbow, hopefully with Richard.

Had a brief look at times etc. All depends on the weather, and where we end up camped.
I'm going with a veteran so I'm happy just to take it all in and see whatever band I end up around at the time.

I'll probably end up with shakin' stevens and jay-z with a bottle of whisky. :P

When are you heading down? We're hoping to get there 9am-ish Thursday.
I hope you have an enjoyable first one!

Hiya,
Thanks for that. Cracking wish list with much in common with ours. (pose alert) We saw British Sea Power in Austin @ SXSW & they were amazing, so they're a must see; So are Vampire weekend, been listening to their album for a few weeks now. It's great to see Mr Collins is well again :D I didn't know the Bluetones were playing :D I'll definately be watching Richard with Elbow 8)

If we end up with Shaky & Jay Z, I'll gladly join you in a few large ones!

We're leaving Hebden Bridge early Wednesday morning hopefully arrive Wednesday lunchtime / afternoon. I've left me mobile number. Give us a call / text if you fancy meeting up.

Cheers

Michael & Jo

PS I notice Mr H is playing with Elbow. I really should read posts before posting myself :oops:

Didn't get your pm before I left, but hope you enjoyed yourself as much as we did.

Fanastic 4 days, loads of bands, amazing people, rain, sun, beer, it really had everything.
Highlights? Too many but watching Richard and Elbow in the sun sat supping a nice cold beer, Vampire Weekend, the Bluetones, Billy Bragg doing "Here comes Richard" with Carl Barrat, the Futureheads singalongs, Editors, Kings of Leon, that Thai meal deal for a fiver, washing my hair at 5am in the morning under an ice cold tap with the sun coming up.....oh and that girl who fell over our tent at 3am and was advised by her friend to take her sungalsses off! They may have been pissed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:41 pm 
The Boss

The Baroness wrote:
So did you take a tent or were you given VIP accommodation?

And have you stocked up on boot polish to repair the damage or did you wear wellies? :wink:

No not at all i just sat mostly next to the tour bus in me wellies for the first bit but the sun soon dried out most of the mud behind the other stage the vibe was pleasant and i enjoyed the sunshine and oddly at a festival peace and relative quiet,i was only there for one day so just used the time to relax

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:44 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Is there a TV in your tour bus?

Dr Who is on at 7 on Saturday and it'd save me going back to the hotel (if we're allowed out anyhow).........

Don't worry - only joking! :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:59 pm 
Newcomer

spank wrote:
McIavelli wrote:
spank wrote:
Not quite 52 summers! Just glad to have made it before the big 40. :wink:

Not trying to plan too much but will try to catch Edwyn Collins, Raconteurs, Bluetones, British Sea Power, Futureheads, Vampire Weekend and Elbow, hopefully with Richard.

Had a brief look at times etc. All depends on the weather, and where we end up camped.
I'm going with a veteran so I'm happy just to take it all in and see whatever band I end up around at the time.

I'll probably end up with shakin' stevens and jay-z with a bottle of whisky. :P

When are you heading down? We're hoping to get there 9am-ish Thursday.
I hope you have an enjoyable first one!

Hiya,
Thanks for that. Cracking wish list with much in common with ours. (pose alert) We saw British Sea Power in Austin @ SXSW & they were amazing, so they're a must see; So are Vampire weekend, been listening to their album for a few weeks now. It's great to see Mr Collins is well again :D I didn't know the Bluetones were playing :D I'll definately be watching Richard with Elbow 8)

If we end up with Shaky & Jay Z, I'll gladly join you in a few large ones!

We're leaving Hebden Bridge early Wednesday morning hopefully arrive Wednesday lunchtime / afternoon. I've left me mobile number. Give us a call / text if you fancy meeting up.

Cheers

Michael & Jo

PS I notice Mr H is playing with Elbow. I really should read posts before posting myself :oops:

Didn't get your pm before I left, but hope you enjoyed yourself as much as we did.

Fanastic 4 days, loads of bands, amazing people, rain, sun, beer, it really had everything.
Highlights? Too many but watching Richard and Elbow in the sun sat supping a nice cold beer, Vampire Weekend, the Bluetones, Billy Bragg doing "Here comes Richard" with Carl Barrat, the Futureheads singalongs, Editors, Kings of Leon, that Thai meal deal for a fiver, washing my hair at 5am in the morning under an ice cold tap with the sun coming up.....oh and that girl who fell over our tent at 3am and was advised by her friend to take her sungalsses off! They may have been pissed?

Hiya,
:*: No worries; I agree with you entirely; This years Glasto really did have everything. We had a fantastic time too. Our highlights were: Richard & Elbow (of course), accompanied by several large red wines - no cake unfortunately (Withnail & I reference :wink: ), Jimmy Cliff on the Jazz World stage (sang meself hoarse), Vampire Weekend (superb), Goldfrappe (just perfect), The Verve (amazing gig, wanted it to go on & on), Kate Nash's violinist (grrrrr-rrrrrr) & a cracking combo called Kid Harpoon at "The Pub" up @ Shangri-La.

Just an amazing weekend all round. Hopefully catch up with you next year.

Cheers

Michael & Jo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:41 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Blimey, there were so many highlights for me. Even without Mr H i think Elbow would have clinched it - everything clicked at that moment, the sing along to One Day Like This could have gone on for ever. Massive Attack and Jimmy Cliff were both on cracking form, and Leonard Cohen singing Hallelujah as the sunset on Sunday was beautiful. Laura Marling managed the amzing feat of playing to several thousand people and made it feel intimate. And Reverend's second set, in the tiny (by Glasto standards) Leftfield tent, was exceptional - mixed it all up, swapping band members about and chucking hip-hop into the mix, only 7 songs and 35 minutes, and not one second wasted.

Roll on 2009...

www.myspace.com/john_c_kent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:32 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Just been watching a few more of the videos on the BBC site - The Verve performance was really good - what an end to the festival 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next