Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:24 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Glad there were subtitles for the foreign language bit of that video :oops: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:45 pm 
Newcomer

Ha ha! I know! Can you imagine if they had internet forums in those days?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:30 am 
Too much time on my hands

Still no sign of the CD here in the States. Maybe I'll find one on NYC tomorrow. Ah! At least I'll have We$$*r.

~ K

Update: as soon as I cried and wrote the company last night...it arrived this morning, with the signed CD booklet. Off to listen...now!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:44 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Both the CD (yep--it's signed!) and vinyl arrived Friday morning; the CD by regular Canada Post and the vinyl by means unknown. And as expected it sounds even better at full resolution. I don't know if the neighbours agree, as I've had it turned up loud enough to invite opinions from a few doors away, but no complaints so far.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:04 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Big thumbs up from this household. Brave record to put out given what I guess is the profile of much of Richard's core audience. But I love angry guitars, me! ..>

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:16 am 
Hawleytastic!

Had the album (OK......CD!) 2 weeks since the release date and wanted to "get to know it" before commenting.
I agree with what others have said, bits of Oasis, Radiohead (The start of Time Will Bring
You Winter reminds me of the start of Bones, from The Bends), which in my opinion is no bad thing.

Some of the biggest cheers at Richards gigs follow the big guitar solo's on The Ocean and Oh My Love
etc., so I don't understand where some of the negativity comes from, relating to the big guitar sounds
on the new album!

A great guitarist, a collection of fantastic guitars................feckin' play 'em and play 'em loud! ..>

Had lots of time on planes, trains and automobiles in the last 2 weeks since the release so I've been
listening mainly through head phones. Every time, you hear something different in each track, loads
of depth, intrigue and interest.

I still class myself as a newcomer to everything Hawley, the first thing being a TV ad and Truelove's
Gutter :oops: and yes, a lot of this new album is very different, but as for my opinion....I think it's a
fuckin' belter! :Hoorah

Can't wait for Pocklington! ..>

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:57 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

RP wrote:
Paul McCartney's latest was £36!!! 'Kisses on the Bottom'? Kiss my arse, more like!

:) :) :) :)

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:12 pm 
Chief Poodlewhacker

Ok... no disrespect to the Boss' creative intentions and all that, but hands up who now skips through quiet into at the start of the album and starts the album on about 58 seconds? :Hoorah

Had a good week+ listen now. gets better every time. I think the title track will go down as a bona fide classic, not a statement i make lightly, but it's SUCH a well crafted song.

My least favourite seems to be other peoples strong track 'seek it'. Cant put my finger on what grates about it, just the melody i think is a bit twee perhaps? That said, It sticks in my head and is the one i find myself humming to myself.

As a nod to how 'hawley' this album remains, when i'm playing this in itunes, when before finishes it goes into 'As the dawn breaks' on trueloves gutter, and it didn't grate at all, I didnt actually notice i'd moved on to a different album for a moment.

Best thing about this album 10 days on... the way in which the ripping wall of sound still works with the Hawley voice. That really could have fallen flat, but its just so beautifully balanced. Anyone else finding a bit 'Jim Morrison without the wigging out' vocal in places?

I REALLY cant wait for the upcoming gigs now. I just want to see what the show opener will be. It MUST be 'she brings the sunlight' surely!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:35 pm 
I need a life

i still waiting.......... :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:44 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Hi everyone

Just wanted to say hello (first post) and also to say how much I'm enjoying the new record - although I'm still waiting for my signed CD from recordstore (grrr). Vinyl arrived last week tho' and sounds ACE! Air guitar made an appearance in the kitchen at the weekend (hangs head in shame).

SO jealous of all the UK gigs you're all getting tickets for, in many of my old stomping grounds (Derby, Leeds, Manchester). Sadly funds won't allow another trip back to the UK this year as we were only over last month (Derbyshire girl exiled in Australia for sake of husband's career). So - at least one date in Aus, please. Although more would be better, of course!

So pleased to be on the forum finally. Home seems so far away sometimes and things like this make such a difference. It's so nice to find some like-minded souls out there, including one or two in Aus I think...?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:36 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Welcome to the forum. :D

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:06 pm 
I need a life

got my LP & CD copy today!!! listening to it right now.....

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:08 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Hi Caroline, welcome to the Forum. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:05 pm 
Hawley Groupie

"Seek It" is stuck in my head on repeat

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:38 pm 
Hawleytastic!

listen2gene wrote:
"Seek It" is stuck in my head on repeat

That is wierd :wink:

Same thing happened to me - I reckon it's a melody thing - dum da dum da dum da daaaa dadadada ....it's was wierd.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next