Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Today, the Weather
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:33 am 
Site Admin

Well the wind is already howling around my place, rain is lashing at the building and I am about to set off to towk because at the moment all the tubes are running.

Looks like somewhere in the UK damage is going to be done, fingers crossed it is limited and that all on here remain safe through this.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:00 am 
Scone hoarding gobshite

pretty tame 'ere.

so far anyway...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:42 am 
Site Admin

At work it is just very wet and miserable. Boss can't get in as there's a tree down on his line but so far everyone I expected to see has made it with no worries. But I suspect the worst is yet to come for inland as the storm moves up from the coast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:04 am 
Too much time on my hands

It's alright here at the moment, just a bit wet & horrible. It looked pretty bad down south on the news this morning... Hope there's not too much damage & everyone's alright.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:11 am 
Hawleytastic!

Very wet and windy in Chelmsford - but not as bad as expected - no power cuts or damage before I left.

The same in London but typically 5 mins after fighting the weather to get into the building the sun has come out..........

Feet are still soaked - not too bad till I got out of the railway station on to the fancy stone square - which doesn't have proper drainage - looks gorgeous but at the moment has an inch of water everywhere............ :roll:

The QEII bridge has shut because of high winds but that's the worst I've heard in our area. Very bad further down south though - especially on the coast - 80 mph winds in Brighton - saw a reporter there this morning on the telly - poor guy had to hold on to a lamp post - surprised somebody didn't stop the idiots from filming.............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:13 am 
Too much time on my hands

I was watching that too, Baroness. It looked really bad. The camera guy was staggering, too. Didn't look like fun being out down there today...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:42 pm 
Waitrose Warrior

The Baroness wrote:
saw a reporter there this morning on the telly - poor guy had to hold on to a lamp post - surprised somebody didn't stop the idiots from filming.............

baroness, these news people have got to be where the action is! :D and anyway, the poor guy is being paid for it :wink:

weather taint not so bad up here, in fact it's fine at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:10 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Luke M wrote:
The Baroness wrote:
saw a reporter there this morning on the telly - poor guy had to hold on to a lamp post - surprised somebody didn't stop the idiots from filming.............

baroness, these news people have got to be where the action is! :D and anyway, the poor guy is being paid for it :wink:

it was just a thought that if they got injured or blew into the sea or something then somebody else has to put their life at risk to rescue or look after them........................ they should have broadcast from inside looking out of a window instead................. you can still see what the weather is like! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:53 pm 
Hawleytastic!

More wind coming out my bum at the mo' :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:46 am 
Hawleytastic!

The Baroness wrote:
Luke M wrote:
The Baroness wrote:

it was just a thought that if they got injured or blew into the sea or something then somebody else has to put their life at risk to rescue or look after them........................ they should have broadcast from inside looking out of a window instead................. you can still see what the weather is like! :?

Yes, they were telling us to keep away it is dangerous, then they send a film crew to prove it. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:40 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Don't know what it's like elsewhere at the moment, but the last couple of days we've had the most beautiful light. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:07 am 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

Boring .....overcast...daisies can't even be arsed to open up.........................................

Post subject: Re: Today, the Weather
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:09 am 
Hawleytastic!

Dawoodcock wrote:
Well the wind is already howling around my place, rain is lashing at the building and I am about to set off to towk because at the moment all the tubes are running.

Looks like somewhere in the UK damage is going to be done, fingers crossed it is limited and that all on here remain safe through this.

a day later and only a few miles away it's beautiful, a wee bit breezy but the sun is out and it looks set for the day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:18 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Actually .... it's about fourteen weeks later, Exapno - Denise wrote her post on the 10th March ...... back to sleep ..... :? :*: :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:26 am 
Site Admin

Exapno had a bit of a day yesterday - this morning it' s sunny, the birds are singing and there's severe delays on the tube - but no rain or wind.