Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:20 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Some pictures of those wierd lamb banana things........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7457506.stm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:43 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I see Anthony Gormley has won the "competition" to have his artwork installed on the fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square...........

He hasn't designed anything except a safety net as the plinth is going to be occupied by 2400 members of the public - each of them standing on the plinth for an hour, one at a time...............

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The Baroness wrote:
I see Anthony Gormley has won the "competition" to have his artwork installed on the fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square...........

He hasn't designed anything except a safety net as the plinth is going to be occupied by 2400 members of the public - each of them standing on the plinth for an hour, one at a time...............

Crackers....

ImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:12 am 
Scone hoarding gobshite

The Baroness wrote:

i saw quite a few of them yesterday!

had a top day out. went to the tate and the cathedrals and stuff. was dead ace.

i have a huge affection for liverpool. i honestly dont think there's a city quite like it. despite the fact that planners seem to try and make every city centre look exactly the same, there's no mistakin where you are when yer there!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:28 pm 
Hawleytastic!

On the subject of Liverpool..........a new exhibition marking 60 years of Merseyside's contribution to popular music has opened.........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7503216.stm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:57 pm 
Hawleytastic!

JohnnyNewEggs wrote:
The Baroness wrote:

Crackers....

ImageImageImageImage

Nay that would be Jacob Gormley - Ant's little brother...

As a concept I think its real groovy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:14 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Jacob's crackers were also made in Liverpool :D - not sure if the factory is still open - Jacob's in Charnock Road, Aintree.
Liverpool is a grand place. I love the architecture, the people and it has a real buzz about it these days :D My mum still lives a few miles away from the centre of Liverpool, so I try to keep in touch with the place. I was there for work on Thursday and had a bit of a scout round some of the old haunts of my youth. There again on Monday :*: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:36 pm 
Original Hippy

Jan H wrote:
Jacob's crackers were also made in Liverpool :D - not sure if the factory is still open - Jacob's in Charnock Road, Aintree.
Liverpool is a grand place. I love the architecture, the people and it has a real buzz about it these days :D My mum still lives a few miles away from the centre of Liverpool, so I try to keep in touch with the place. I was there for work on Thursday and had a bit of a scout round some of the old haunts of my youth. There again on Monday :*: :D

I absolutely love Liverpool, always have. One of my brothers lived there for 20 years & I've spent a lot of time there. You soon come to realise that scouse jokes & stereotypes, whilst very funny, are well wide of the mark & in no way reflect my experience of a wonderful, friendly city that has also produced a lot of the music that I love the most.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:50 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I just hope Mr H heads here for our Capital of Culture year (before it's over) and we can arrange a scoot around the Iron Men on Crosby beach, a whistlestop tour of the 100 superlambananas and a pint at the Phil.

Liverpool is well worth a visit in 2008 for anyone within striking distance. So much happening.

A friend of mine Ron Davies has produced a new set of 'Another Place' postcards. He does lots of work with the Gormley statues. Top quality. Here's a few thumbnails to wet your whistle...

http://www.rdphoto.demon.co.uk/GORMLEYPC/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:23 am 
Hawleytastic!

I don't think I've been to Crosby. I have been to Formby a couple of times to see the Red Squirrels. I will have to make a trip to Crosby sometime. I am determined to get to Liverpool this year, it is a magical place to me. We used to go on the train from Chester when I was a child and I remember the excitement of Christmas shopping there and the delights of the Deli the Lewis'. The waterfront is magnificent and the football team is not bad. :wink: I have seen some great games at Anfield.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:11 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The Baroness wrote:

I was in Liverpool earlier today - saw a few of those - weird things they are!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:32 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Jan H wrote:
The Baroness wrote:

I was in Liverpool earlier today - saw a few of those - weird things they are!

:cry: .... and I should have been there for three days at a conference this week but had to pull out at the last minutee. Bit of a p*sser as was really looking forward to it. Used to spend a lot of time in Liverpool, love the city. I would have got very excited by the lambananas http://richardhawleyforum.co.uk/templates/exposion_dark/images/logo_phpBB_med.gif :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:39 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Some wags whizzed one and took it on holiday to Blackpool...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpoo ... -21124149/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:54 pm 
Hawleytastic!

That's brilliant! :*: :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:32 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The sounds of Antony Gormley's Iron Men on Crosby beach are to feature in a special concert. Sounds like a load of poncy arse, but p'raps I shouldn't judge before I've heard it.

Please welcome Matthew on todgers...

Click here

Quote:
Sep 9 2008 by Catherine Jones, Liverpool Echo
ANTONY Gormley’s iron men are set to inspire a special culture year concert.

The Spectacular Suburb takes place at the Bluecoat on September 13.

The project is a collaboration between Liverpool electronic music promoters The Hive Collective and world renowned sound artists Matthew Herbert and Chris Watson.

Together they have worked to create a new musical composition constructed entirely from sound recordings from Crosby beach – the site of Gormley’s Another Place installation.

The concert will be the third in a series of events from the Hive Collective for Capital of Culture year entitled Twilight City.

Hive’s Matt Smith said: “We’re really excited to have Crosby beach as a focus for this new work.

“The Gormley statues have brought a different focus to an already popular place, just like the Capital of Culture has to Liverpool.”

Matthew Herbert and Chris Watson have worked with the likes of Bjork, REM Yoko Ono and even Sir David Attenborough, but their collaboration on this project is unique.

A specially-prepared performance space in the Bluecoat will see Chris Watson explore Another Place and Crosby beach through a series of recordings he made at the waterfront earlier in the summer, followed by Matthew Herbert’s presentation of his new musical composition based on those recordings.

Mr Smith said: “As part of the project, Chris Watson also ran a sound recording masterclass for staff and students from Hugh Baird College in July.”

The Spectacular Suburb takes place at The Bluecoat in School Lane on Saturday, September 13 at 8pm.

Tickets are £7/5 from the Bluecoat box office on 0151-709 5297.

For more information on the Hive Collective, visit www.thehivecollective.co.uk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next