Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: USA tour diary
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:55 pm 
The Boss

right as i have a load of time on my hands and the bus has tinterweb via satalite i thought i would write a bit about the tour over here.
Ok so first New York,we got into America with no problems at all and that is a first usually its a nightmare but the gent on the passport control desk was really polite and a nice geezer couldn't be better really.We drove to the hotel and all immediately hit the bar on the corner as we had to restrain ourselves from drinking on the flight cos of immigration.It was torture for us cos it was Shez's birthday.poor lad but we made up for it when we landed.

:roll:

The next day me and shez went WFUV with the lovely Rita and recorrded a radio session and a quick chat,she's ace and has been a strong supporter so its always nice to see her..........that night the record company took us out for a night of beer and chat,we get on great with them so it was a laugh i met up with Aj Nancy Sinatra's daughter and my mate from Sheffield Q who lives in New York,then a mexican burrito bar that was plying mexican speed metal at three in the morning...mental.

next day gig day,instead of shipping all our amps and gear over it was cheaper to buy it over here so we did that then set up at the Bowery Kenny and George and all the folks at the Bowery are really boss people no problems at all,we met the support band"Ferraby Lionheart"who are to a man really top folk and also the music is really good,great songwriting and i recommend them very highly.I watched them in Philly and they're great.
The gig went well despite first night jitters on my part before the show,i hate nerves theyt do my head in,but all good on stage.I wore these mad shoes i bought in New York on Orchard st
http://www.moshoes.com/prodImages/SHcosta2j.jpg

great shop,i nearly bought about a zillion pairs but only had time to try one pair on our lass would have shot me though so all good in the end.
great crowd who turned out to see us in the freezing cold,thanks to all who turned up you made a great night the lads played a blinder as usual so the night went well.

after i met some folks Aj came and big Jim Sclavunos(not sure i got the spelling right there) from Nick Cave's band great bloke he's a good friend.Got a bit pissed then bed went to Philly the next where we met Tommy and his mate Billy got on like a house on fire he lent me his Gretshc white falcon which i played on the song"Tonight"ace.......had a couple of beers with Tommy and his mates after then off to bed......sensible as my voice is shredded after being ill for the last few weeks.The gig was called the world cafe live,lovely venue and all the folks were ace folk and really nice to us.

Today we've done a radio show in Philly that was good but me voice is a bit shagged,and now i am on the bus driving back to New York to do and instore we're all ill now bugs travel like lightning on a bus but having a boss time,hope you don't mind me waffling on i am a bit bored

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:25 pm 
I need a life

Thanks boss. I brought mrs. streeter, who didn't know your music that well, to the Bowery show and I think you have (yet) another passionate fan now. Best night out we've had in ages. Your band is something else. The show seemed to go by too quickly. Hope you can manage to come back again soon.

Take care of your voice and enjoy the rest of the tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:10 am 
The Boss

thanks mate we're just pulling in to new York from Philly as i type about to do an instore gig then off to Boston

Post subject: Re: USA tour diary
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:54 am 
Regular poster

Richard Hawley wrote:
The gig was called the world cafe live,lovely venue and all the folks were ace folk and really nice to us.

Yeah. That one who did that great intro for you, she was especially ace.

Looking forward next to hearing the Live at the World Cafe broadcast whenever that airs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:57 am 
Too much time on my hands

thanks for all the words, couldn't be too many.... and nice shoes! I'm looking forward to the 12th more than ever. Managed to get a couple friends to buy tickets and come with me (advance tickets sold out! yeah!) and told at least one person in LA to get his ass to your show at the Troubadour next day (only right since he's the one gave me my introduction to your music).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:11 am 
The Boss

just got back from the instore at other music record shop,after loads of arsing around with a problem with the P.A we did a short set for a nice crowd,went to the pub and had a pint with some friends then had to go to the bus,we are now on our way to Boston,most of the lads are in bed........lightweights

me,Dempo,Trier and Col are drinking in the back but long day tomorrow got more promo shite to do so it might be a good idea to get to bed/............................................. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:06 am 
Too much time on my hands

Wacky thinking you're driving by writing that.

Nighty night!

~ K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:02 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Hope the time difference isn't proving too much of a problem............ enjoying this thread - keep up the good work! :*: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:52 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Enjoying hearing all about your adventures Richard................and the shoes are great - very Elvis!!

Sweet Dreams.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:56 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Sambient wrote:
Richard Hawley wrote:
The gig was called the world cafe live,lovely venue and all the folks were ace folk and really nice to us.

Looking forward next to hearing the Live at the World Cafe broadcast whenever that airs.

Will this be a broadcast of the show, or is this an in-studio session?

Great job introducing the show by the way! When you introduced yourself, I almost yelled, "Sambient!" but thought that might have been a little weird. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:26 pm 
Regular poster

JM wrote:
Sambient wrote:
Richard Hawley wrote:

Will this be a broadcast of the show, or is this an in-studio session?

Great job introducing the show by the way! When you introduced yourself, I almost yelled, "Sambient!" but thought that might have been a little weird. :)

That was a good judgement call....At the NYC show I yelled out "New York Loves Richard!!!"...and he said "well that sounds a bit gay"...moments later he did say that he loved NY too, so I didn't feel so bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:29 pm 
I need a life

hehe

So you were the one!! :*: :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:03 pm 
The Boss

we're in Bawston now its fucking freezing but snowy a little making me feel a bit christmassy and a bit homesick but its ok i am sitting in the lobby and the music they are playing is classic rock n roll..carl Perkins Stray cats,just had Wanda Jackson on too....ace.The lovely Nicole at Mute USA bought me one of those facial steamer things and its worked a treat for my voice we're back in businness :D

Just off to do some Boston radio show then soundcheck,shame i won't have time to visit old Boston i love that part of town,some great bars too but we're leaving for Toronto early

see ya later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:28 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Glad the voice is holding out ... also noticed from some of the photos that you've been treating your audiences to the shiny suit (as well as new shoes) :shock: Am I going to have to cross the Atlantic before I get to see that shiny suit?! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:08 pm 
The Boss

its vest and pants for you...shiny suit for everyone else

hold on a minute....................... :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next