Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 48  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Dave wrote:
I'm off to Tunisia, some real bargains to be had! :wink:

I hear that a shop ransackers special has been arranged flying from Luton Airport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:51 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

cpaws wrote:
Bradford Lass wrote:

Very gaudi-esque, speaking of which we went to Catalunya last year, fell in love with Barcelona, Terragona and a town called Sitges which was gorgeous but we didn't realise was a nudist beach until people started arriving and doffing off!

My Dad warned me not to visit Sitges when he found out we were doing a Spanish trip, so the first thing we did when we arrived at Barcelona was get the train to Sitges and book a hotel for a few nights. Of course it was all a big fuss about nothing, i'd seen men holding hands and kissing in public before, you've only to go to Canal street any night of the week, i suppose for my Dads generation it would seem quite shocking, i think he described it as akin to Sodom and Gomorrah. I thought it was a lovely seaside town, with beautiful golden beaches, and i would go back in a flash, and of course Barcelona is just half an hour away.

You'd go back in a flash.....? :*: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:45 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I can highly recommend some winter sunshine.

Just got back from 2 weeks French Polynesia

I'm very lucky and play hard, but then, contrary to popular belief, I do
work hard!! :shock:

Last edited by Egg on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:19 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Bloody hell, lucky's not the word mate....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:55 pm 
Gentleman of floral persuasion

Egg wrote:

You're just a dirty taunting bastard.................and you were in two minds wether to go............duh!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:59 am 
Hawleytastic!

Little Dickie wrote:
Egg wrote:

You're just a dirty taunting bastard.................and you were in two minds wether to go............duh!!!

A 10½ hour flight followed by an 8½ flight with the flu isn't the best start
to a holiday and the thought of it before we set off was enough to cause
doubt..........even for such a special place. It was worth it though. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:55 am 
Hawleytastic!

Bloody hell, I started this thread with a picture of Canning Town on a winter's morning and we end up with French Polynesia! That will teach me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:42 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Quote:
– my view of Canning Town from the train.

I knew someone who used to live in those flats, they're right by rathbone market ....

Turkey is lovely cpaws, i spent a lovely fortnight in Side a few years back.. gorgeous place.. unfortunately I doubt i'll be going anywhere this year .. :cry: :cry: :cry: what with Mr Blue's crappy job not bringing in much in the way of wages we're just about surviving... oh well, i've joined a new lottery syndicate at work... wish me luck !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:56 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

ladyblue wrote:
Quote:
– my view of Canning Town from the train.

I knew someone who used to live in those flats, they're right by rathbone market ....

Turkey is lovely cpaws, i spent a lovely fortnight in Side a few years back.. gorgeous place.. unfortunately I doubt i'll be going anywhere this year .. :cry: :cry: :cry: what with Mr Blue's crappy job not bringing in much in the way of wages we're just about surviving... oh well, i've joined a new lottery syndicate at work... wish me luck !!!

I think money's going to be tight with a lot of people this year LB, we keep talking about holidays, whether we go or not is another matter... :( think i'll start buying a lottery ticket too.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:08 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Yeah, we're not booking anything until we find out about my job. It's looking like I will probably get the heave ho before May. Fuckers. Good news is I've got the insurance to cough up for the camper van so at least if I get my marching orders before summer, I can spend the holidays on the beach with the kids, before I have to face up to finding a new job after 15 years in the same chair. And there's always a spare sleeping bag and a pop up tent for you and yours ladies if you don't get away – I'll get the sausages and the gin. x

PS Ladyblue, I secretly love Canning Town. I get on the DLR every morning at the station and it loops over the Lea, looks out over the Thames and there's Canning Town in all its glory. Shit hole, I know, but I'm used to shit holes and I think, on some days, it's quite beautiful. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:18 pm 
Site Admin

I love that bit of the DLR, prettier than the bit from Bank to Canary Wharf, once through the Wharf it improves for a bit.

But the part from Canning Town going round to the Wharf is good (I usually look towards the Isle of Dogs though).

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:44 am 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:
PS Ladyblue, I secretly love Canning Town. I get on the DLR every morning at the station and it loops over the Lea, looks out over the Thames and there's Canning Town in all its glory. Shit hole, I know, but I'm used to shit holes and I think, on some days, it's quite beautiful. x

Good - you had me worried there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:51 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Think there's lots of us in the same boat here, looking enviously at Egg's lovely holiday snaps but knowing that we won't be able to afford to go away this year. (except to the Teddy Boy's 2011??). His Lordship's 50th is approaching rapidly so trying to think of things to do that are special but cost effective. Ideas on a postcard please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:00 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Lady Ruff-Diamond wrote:
His Lordship's 50th is approaching rapidly so trying to think of things to do that are special but cost effective. Ideas on a postcard please!

I honestly cannot remember what happened on my 50th - and that's not because I got totally leathered - maybe I should start keeping a diary.

July 2006 - I'll have to look up what happened to get some clues...

Update - nothing - one top story was - 'property mogul Earl Cadogan closes London restaurant Oriel after disliking his meal' - otherwise England were a bit useless in the World Cup - MP sleeze stories abound etc etc etc.

Not cost effective but nice...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:39 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Yes he'd defintely go for that!

Got a photo of my grandad on a Norton c1953. Him and my gran went on holiday to North Wales from Hampshire on it. Not a crash helmet in sight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 48  Next