Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:56 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:47 pm
Posts: 12728
sure, no worries,

and Clive you'll find the best pubs in the country outside of the main cities i think, no respect for the idea of last orders or closing time, in fact the last time I was down that way the landlord locked us in and went to bed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:56 pm 
Eoin wrote:
well, the first thing to do is avoid Temple bar, which is the main tourist area, overpriced and full of hens/stags weekends.
in the city center you could check out...

The Long Hall
The Stags Head
Bruxelles
The Oak
Hogans
Whelans
Lord Edward

all those pubs are pretty much within 10 mins walking distance max away from each other.

a little further out of the way and you could get the Dart train out to malahide which has an endless amount of nice pubs and good food, its a seaside town abot 25 minutes out. Or try Dun Laoghaire same distance but other end of line which is a fishing port and village with lovely pubs and good sea food restaurants. Ohh and not forgetting the Gravediggers in Glasnevin, 10 minutes in a taxi from the city center and every taxi man will have heard of it so no probs there.


How come you never took me to the Long Hall or the Oak if they're in town?!

And second the shout for a trip to Malahide too.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:58 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:47 pm
Posts: 12728
CraigA wrote:
Eoin wrote:
well, the first thing to do is avoid Temple bar, which is the main tourist area, overpriced and full of hens/stags weekends.
in the city center you could check out...

The Long Hall
The Stags Head
Bruxelles
The Oak
Hogans
Whelans
Lord Edward

all those pubs are pretty much within 10 mins walking distance max away from each other.

a little further out of the way and you could get the Dart train out to malahide which has an endless amount of nice pubs and good food, its a seaside town abot 25 minutes out. Or try Dun Laoghaire same distance but other end of line which is a fishing port and village with lovely pubs and good sea food restaurants. Ohh and not forgetting the Gravediggers in Glasnevin, 10 minutes in a taxi from the city center and every taxi man will have heard of it so no probs there.


How come you never took me to the Long Hall or the Oak if they're in town?!

And second the shout for a trip to Malahide too.


I was sure we were in The Oak at some point, when you came over for REM, no ? anyway you insisted on that kip messrs McGuires if I recall. yes malahide is cool, especially if you get a nice bit of weather, have to head out to Dun laoghaire next time yer over.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:59 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:12 am
Posts: 1125
Peveril on the Peak, now that is a fine pub in Manchester.

Havne't been in since the mid 90's though.

_________________
"Come back tomorrow night and try it again"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:04 pm 
Offline
'Thinks he's a bit of alright'
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:41 pm
Posts: 802
Location: Blowing Stuff Up!!!
Poppy Dog wrote:
That was quick- ta...


Is that not what girls usually say to Eoin??? :tongue:

I like

Image

Tis a £1 a pint on a monday. Full of students tho, so maybe not fitting with general proper pub theme here? :oops:

_________________
Wondering why i'm allowed access to SO many dangerous chemicals....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:07 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:47 pm
Posts: 12728
co80521 wrote:
Poppy Dog wrote:
That was quick- ta...


Is that not what girls usually say to Eoin??? :tongue:



hey i resemble that remark !


I think i've been in the cavendish, I played pool there and had some manky food if i recall.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:09 pm 
Offline
Flange cheese munching cockend
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:41 am
Posts: 10314
Location: below the smoking monkey
^^^^^^^^^^

Christ on a bike playing a blue trombone!!! :roll:

.......avoid the above pub and the whole street that it's on like a one legged whore with syphalis!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

_________________
http://www.reverbnation.com/davesleney


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:13 pm 
Eoin wrote:
I was sure we were in The Oak at some point, when you came over for REM, no ? anyway you insisted on that kip messrs McGuires if I recall. yes malahide is cool, especially if you get a nice bit of weather, have to head out to Dun laoghaire next time yer over.


Ah maybe, is that the one that was like a couple of doors down from the venue?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:14 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:47 pm
Posts: 12728
yeah, thats the one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:14 pm 
Offline
'Thinks he's a bit of alright'
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:41 pm
Posts: 802
Location: Blowing Stuff Up!!!
Eoin wrote:
co80521 wrote:
Poppy Dog wrote:
That was quick- ta...


Is that not what girls usually say to Eoin??? :tongue:



hey i resemble that remark !


I think i've been in the cavendish, I played pool there and had some manky food if i recall.


Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

Only go to the Cav if it's a monday for the cheap drinks otherwise it's not worth it. :D

_________________
Wondering why i'm allowed access to SO many dangerous chemicals....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:16 pm 
co80521 wrote:
I like

Image

Tis a £1 a pint on a monday. Full of students tho, so maybe not fitting with general proper pub theme here? :oops:


David, for fucks sake have a word will you?!?!?!?!?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:52 pm 
Offline
Flange cheese munching cockend
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:41 am
Posts: 10314
Location: below the smoking monkey
CraigA wrote:
co80521 wrote:


Tis a £1 a pint on a monday. Full of students tho, so maybe not fitting with general proper pub theme here? :oops:


David, for fucks sake have a word will you?!?!?!?!?


I have and will mate and that word must be NOOOOOOOO!!! :wink:

_________________
http://www.reverbnation.com/davesleney


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:59 pm 
Offline
'Thinks he's a bit of alright'
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:41 pm
Posts: 802
Location: Blowing Stuff Up!!!
I like it, so nurrrrrr :roll:

_________________
Wondering why i'm allowed access to SO many dangerous chemicals....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:11 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:06 pm
Posts: 2162
Location: sunny sunny manchester
Eoin wrote:
sure, no worries,

and Clive you'll find the best pubs in the country outside of the main cities i think, no respect for the idea of last orders or closing time, in fact the last time I was down that way the landlord locked us in and went to bed.


ha ha i even know an irish pub in manc which damn near does that ! (there's a few)

the landlord called us a cab at 3.30 once. he realised we were not going to get home under our own steam.

_________________
bring back the free trade hall


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:52 pm 
Offline
The Boss
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 30, 2003 9:54 am
Posts: 18676
Location: Sheffield
you baaaaasssstarrrrrrrrrds i am on the fuckin wagon aaaaaaaarggggggh :shaking:

_________________
now,then!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group