Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:02 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Ok, I have had enough of looking for a job and filling out application forms and getting no where...
Booked a break to Palma for the end of the month. Just the two of us and I am looking for some help with places to eat and see?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:22 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Hang in there Angie - a job will come along just for you I'm sure! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:23 pm 
The Boss

we went to play a gig and found an amazing Italian on the sea front i would avoid the"english"bars and clubs,full of dick head english morons....like anywhere i always try and find where the locals go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:49 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Thanks Julie, I do hope so!

I am hoping that it won't be busy at this time of year with nutters. There is a football game on when we are there that we (he) will have to watch. :roll: but I an planning on the other days to be nice and relaxing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:27 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I love Palma, and this is the first year in ages that I haven't been for a short break at this time of year.

The boat show might be on while you're there...starts 24 April...there are always plenty beautiful boats to see, but obviously even more if the show is on. It's a lovely harbour to walk along, I stay at the Porto Pi end of town and enjoy the stroll down into the city....although walking back can be 'fun' up hill to my hotel.

Transport is cheap...I always have a day or two at the beach, finding Pama Nova/Magalluf the best @3 euro or there abouts. At this time of year they are actually nice beaches/places to visit...honestly. Whilst we're on the subject of travel, I can recommend the airport bus...1 euro last year.

The shopping streets in Palma are great, plenty narrow alleys and great finds as well as the larger stores. In the centre, next to the beautiful cathedral, you will find a tree lined street full of outdoor cafes...avoid them please. Instead, head to the top end of this street and bear left down the last narrow alley..watch out for cars...they are barely wide enough, however an occasional car does use them. I'm sorry but I don't know the name of the tapas bar I found last year...it's on your right and looks more like a shop than a cafe....metal doorways and windows...and as you enter you step down...all the locals go there. If you don't find that one (with my expert directions *) I'm sure you'll come across your own.

Have a lovely break

Mags

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:18 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Mags wrote:
Have a lovely break

Mags

I almost did - walking along a wet tree lined avenue pedestrian area by the Cathedral - trying to look like Don Johnston [actually looking more like Don Estelle - well it was 1988] - my leathery greecian sandals flipped on the wet surface sending me arse over wotsit - luckily I came away without any injury at all...and no I wasn't bladdered...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:56 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Poppy Dog wrote:
Mags wrote:
Have a lovely break

Mags

I almost did - walking along a wet tree lined avenue pedestrian area by the Cathedral - trying to look like Don Johnston [actually looking more like Don Estelle - well it was 1988] - my leathery greecian sandals flipped on the wet surface sending me arse over wotsit - luckily I came away without any injury at all...and no I wasn't bladdered...

:*: My other half refuses to ware sandals...would you believe that he has just bought his first ever pair of trainers :shock: We went to a wedding in Dominican republic and he only took leather shoes... fine but every time we went out....whole families chased us asking if they could polish them.. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:52 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Bellver Castle (where Richard and Shez played last year) is also worth a visit. Its high up on the outskirts of Palma. My recollection is that entry is free and there are great views over Palma and the bay from the top.