Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: St Andrews
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:14 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Before our trip to Newcastle and Whitby we had a super weekend in St Andrews. Bloody cold of course, but it's a great little town. Can be a bit crowded in summer, but this time of year it's mostly posh students and locals.

We stayed B&Bin a great country house, owned by Sir and Lady so-and-so, and we had a whole wing of the house to ourselves! The bathroom was to die for - every night we were filling it to the brim with bubbles, either classic fm or radio 3 on the radio, or hawley on the ipod, large glass of wine, candles .... absolute bliss. The house is famous for it's snowdrop collection, but it's been so cold they aren't out yet. Still, great walking in the woods and along the shoreline, visiting the new piglets, and being ambushed by a pack of hounds out with a hunt group on horseback!

It's amazing what bargain weekends you can get in these credit crunch times! Off to Portmeirion next weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:19 am 
Hawleytastic!

Wow, that looks fantastic, and you can guess that I like snowdrops. :wink: I must fit in a good snowdrop walk this year. Chirk Castle is the best I have seen. Rode Hall is good too.

Enjoy Portmeirion. I love it there, it is just possible to go there and back from here in a day, but I have only been twice whilst on holiday in North Wales.