Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:19 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Francesca - how lovely... I want to go back now.... :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:03 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Isn't she sweet?

BTW - Blue Moon, how is the cafe going? (That's assuming you have any spare time to come onto the forum!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:26 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I love donkeys, my Uncle in Italy used to use them to carry things before he got a tractor. I remember getting a ride in one of the panniers once (I was only little).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:38 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I love Sidmouth and the area around there. Think we've stayed on the same campsite you're talking about Prudence, in fact we're regular visitors there.

Blue Moon - need some shameless promotion of your cafe, may pay a visit when we're down there next year.

Have you been to the quarry caves at Beer? The acoustics are amazing and Norman the Welsh tour guide is full of fascinating but useless facts about how various phrases originated from stonemasons.

I once suggested Beer Quarry Caves as an unusual venue for a concert to an artist looking for somewhere different to play, so the Devil's Arse one Mr H is doing piqued my interest straight away.

http://beerquarrycaves.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:52 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Prudence wrote:
BTW - Blue Moon, how is the cafe going? (That's assuming you have any spare time to come onto the forum!)

Moved in a few weeks ago and things have been pretty hectic....the first few days were a bit of a nightmare – I had no idea what I was doing and felt more like a very junior employee than the boss. The previous owners, who have retired, were here for nearly 20 years - the plus side is that the cafe is well established, with some loyal regular customers...but the downside is that lots of things are rundown/worn out. It needs a lot of TLC so I will be closing in January to do a refit and get things the way I want them. I've got a great new chef cooking lunches and my niece is baking delicious cakes and pastries. There's a huge amount of work to do but I'm really enjoying it – there's no way I'd go back to working in an office, sitting at a computer all day.

noblebones wrote:
Blue Moon - need some shameless promotion of your cafe, may pay a visit when we're down there next year.

Have you been to the quarry caves at Beer? The acoustics are amazing and Norman the Welsh tour guide is full of fascinating but useless facts about how various phrases originated from stonemasons.

I haven't been to the caves – it looks fascinating though, will have to pay a visit when I get the time. And yes, I'll be doing some shameless promotion of the cafe when I've got it the way I want it. Will look forward to seeing you and any other forum members who are in the area next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:39 am 
Hawleytastic!

I feel a forum weekend in Sidmouth coming on - Donkey Sanctuary then Bluemoon's tea shop :D

Last edited by Jan H on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:10 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Jan H wrote:
I feel a forum weekend in Sidmouth coming on - Donkey Santuary then Bluemoon's tea shop :D

Definitely Jan! Beloved has never been to Devon/Cornwall .... (can you believe it?) to I am looking forward to introducing him to the heaven that is the South West.

Blue Moon, I suspect you are the envy of a lot of folk on the forum stuck in the 9 to 5 groove, and those of us that are unemployed - the best of luck for your venture, sincerely.