Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Toy Story
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:01 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Don't know if I'm becoming a soft fuck, and I don't know if this comes under the culture title, but took my kids to see Toy Story 3 last night and bawled my head off, much to their shame. Am I losing it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:31 pm 
I need a life

i hear that its not an uncommon occurance- but also i hear that kids like to squash bugs or set them on fire with a magnifying glass and the sort, which could explain their lack of sympathy for a bunch of animated toys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:59 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I wont be seeing it at the cinema for that reason - and yes you are - but then again we all are.

I didn't cry all the time my Mum endured cancer - not after she died in 88 - then I saw Shadowlands in the mid 90's and when into a bawling heap for about twenty minutes - so much that it frightened Samantha and the real poppy dog.

Never underestimate the power of film...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:39 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

No, same thing happened to me, thank God i had my 3-D glasses on.Most of the adults in there were crying... great film though. Thought it was going to finish at one point with Woody and Co being incinerated, bit grizzly for a kids film but of course it didn't. Really tugged at the heart strings in that old fashioned Disney kind of way, but not as bad as Dumbo's Mother being locked up or Bambi's Mum being shot, God the pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:22 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Its the film Notebook for me, normally nothing can get me to cry but get to the end of this film & its big fat tearsorama.......its embarrassing :roll:

& let the dreams come softly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:25 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Poppy Dog wrote:
I wont be seeing it at the cinema for that reason - and yes you are - but then again we all are.

I didn't cry all the time my Mum endured cancer - not after she died in 88 - then I saw Shadowlands in the mid 90's and when into a bawling heap for about twenty minutes - so much that it frightened Samantha and the real poppy dog.

Never underestimate the power of film...

Yes this one gets me every time, you're not the only one reduced to a sniffling wreck PD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:02 pm 
Hawleytastic!

No Helen - had the same effect on me too!

and I just loved Ken .....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:53 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Mandy G wrote:
Its the film Notebook for me, normally nothing can get me to cry but get to the end of this film & its big fat tearsorama.......its embarrassing :roll:

Call me hard hearted but I had that one sussed in the first 5 minutes so it didn't do anything to me.

I can't reember the last time I bleated at a film. probably the shite acting in Mama Mia :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:01 am 
Hawleytastic!

Sooo glad I'm not the only one. Kids were just laughing at me but I think the older one was secretly a bit more tuned in. He told me he won't leave home for at least another 12 years (he's ten) and even then he'll only move down the road, become a chef and come and cook my dinner every night!
And since we went on Saturday, they've been playing a huge, elaborate game with all their Power Ranger toys, digging things out from the back of the cupboard and arranging them all over the house. Wonder if they think their toys have been missing them, and are talking about how great it is to be played with with no-one's watching. No telly, no computers, every time I go to join in, they tell me to go away, adults not wanted in their world of funny voices and big imaginings. I could just listen to it for hours...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:39 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

When i suggested to my 5 year old her toys might be missing her and being played with, she looked at me with the most serious concerned face, put her hand on my arm and said "Mummy they're only toys they're not real"... bit too sensible for her own good that one.

No what you mean about listening in on childish babble and play though , world seems a better place.