Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:44 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Gary wrote:
how come nobody protests anymore?

I'm getting that tattooed on my forehead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:09 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Quote:

how come nobody protests anymore?

Bear in mind how long it took under Thatcher before things kicked off. I couldn't believe the things she got away with before the protests started and it only reached a scale for them to listen when it hit the middle classes directly in the pocket (poll tax)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:12 pm 
The Boss

i think they are picking up exactly were she left off,selling everything we own and charging us for it and cutting our services that we pay for but not cutting taxes....to my mind things weren't so bad under labour,i hope they don't get away with changing our political voting system so they can't get back in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:40 pm 

I know what you mean, Labour let us down in areas - lying to get us to go to war, and opening up the gap between the rich and poor but nothing like this!
I thought I had lost my anger about politics with age. I had just forgotten what a Tory government can do. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:18 pm 
The Boss

i am definately NOT saying labour were perfect,i too like most people were pissed off(to say the least)about the whole Iraq situation,but a lot of positive social change was made under their leadership.but the iraq war will be a stain on them for a long time i am afraid and people will be justly suspicious of them but lets not forget how many horrific conflicts tory leadership has taken is into.........this aside,i am genuinely worried by the implications of that Guardian article it is so bloody dangerous for them to do this,i have decided to write a letter to my Mp..........hold on.........its Nick Clegg :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:42 pm 

[quote="Richard Hawley...........i have decided to write a letter to my Mp..........hold on.........its Nick Clegg :shock:[/quote]

You should write, especially as it is him! We should all write letters of protest to our MPs - it might not change anything but it definitely won't change anything if we do nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:15 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I think that the disgrace heaped upon Clegg and the Lib Dems will polarise opinion - come the downfall of the coaltion - the Lib Dems will be shafted - and that is why they are desperate for some form of proportional representation being introduced.

Having said that I think PR should be introduced - in order to get token Eco /Commie / Facist representation in the House of Commons - which would put the wind up the so called existing Big Three.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:19 pm 

Just seen their latest moves:

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/l ... newsletter

“The shock plans, for ‘simplifying’ the work capability assessment for employment and support allowance (ESA) include docking points from amputees who can lift and carry with their stumps. Claimants with speech problems who can write a sign saying, for example, ‘The office is on fire!’ will score no points for speech and deaf claimants who can read the sign will lose all their points for hearing.

“Meanwhile, for ‘health and safety reasons’ all points scored for problems with bending and kneeling are to be abolished and claimants who have difficulty walking can be assessed using imaginary wheelchairs.

Things are getting very disturbing - what next?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:38 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
i am definately NOT saying labour were perfect,i too like most people were pissed off(to say the least)about the whole Iraq situation,but a lot of positive social change was made under their leadership.but the iraq war will be a stain on them for a long time i am afraid and people will be justly suspicious of them but lets not forget how many horrific conflicts tory leadership has taken is into.........this aside,i am genuinely worried by the implications of that Guardian article it is so bloody dangerous for them to do this,i have decided to write a letter to my Mp..........hold on.........its Nick Clegg :shock:

Do it anyway. Might get that little bit of extra attention with your name on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:44 am 
Hawleytastic!

Tackled the Lib Dem councillor who lives in my street while he was trimming his hedge (oh-eh) and reminded him that when he came knocking for my vote I said he wouldn't be getting it as I thought the Lib Dems were just Tories in disguise and I wasn't a Tory voter. An how he had presumed to give me a lecture about how progressive the Lib Dems were and how they couldn't be compared to the Tories (apart from their party leaders who look, dress, speak the same). Asked him if he was ashamed of himself, belonging to such a bunch of hypocrites, trying to out cut the Tories and lecturing working people about tightening their belts when they all lived such a life of privilege. And he blithered for about 30 seconds in their defence before I told him I hoped that as a result of all this his party would disappear up its own arsehole.

Thing is, I expect this from the Tories but all those who voted for the Lib Dems didn't. These people have no mandate for what they are doing – we didn't vote for it, we didn't sanction it – and we just have to protest wherever we can about everything they're doing. In response to the nature privatisation thing, there should be a mass protest planned, like the ramblers did by trespassing on private land in the 30s, to show them what National Parks and access to nature means to us and our families.

You should write your letter Richard but so should we all. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:32 pm 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:
I expect this from the Tories but all those who voted for the Lib Dems didn't. These people have no mandate for what they are doing – we didn't vote for it, we didn't sanction it – and we just have to protest wherever we can about everything they're doing.

Too true - in my consituency my vote cut the increased Tory majority to just over 13,000.

Role on the inevitable split within the coalition and the next general election - how long due you think - should we start a book on it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:05 pm 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:
there should be a mass protest planned,

i have already discussed this with my nearest and dearest. i have planned the placard i will carry, it says

F*CK OFF YOU BASTARDS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:33 pm 

Looks like they're starting

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/countr ... rests.html

this really shocks me. It is almost on a par with the enclosures act. Selling of our land to their mates
:evil:

Is there anything can be done to stop this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:01 pm 
Hawleytastic!

These people have no mandate for what they are doing – we didn't vote for it, we didn't sanction it – and we just have to protest wherever we can about everything they're doing. In response to the nature privatisation thing, there should be a mass protest planned, like the ramblers did by trespassing on private land in the 30s, to show them what National Parks and access to nature means to us and our families.

You should write your letter Richard but so should we all. x[/quote]

Good point about the ramblers & something that 70 years on means just as much then as today. Our current goverment have much to be remindful of.

& let the dreams come softly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am 
Donkey Cock

Well, maybe if the clever crew who voted libe dem and were SO fed up with labour could have asked themslves before voting what may happen if there was no clear majority at the election.
and the answer was pretty clear.
Think about it next time you are going for a walk in the woods!

hope for you it does not last too long