Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 170  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:06 am 
caryne wrote:
Can't record it because we have cable and you can only record the programme you are watching (stupid system)| and there's no way my son will be watching that whilst I'm out! :wink: :?

Watford eh? Poor you :shock:

If it's on BBC2 though you can just record it from 'normal' tv and it doesn't matter what's being watched on cable?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:29 am 
Hawleytastic!

Craig A wrote:
caryne wrote:
Can't record it because we have cable and you can only record the programme you are watching (stupid system)| and there's no way my son will be watching that whilst I'm out! :wink: :?

Watford eh? Poor you :shock:

If it's on BBC2 though you can just record it from 'normal' tv and it doesn't matter what's being watched on cable?

Nope, doesn't work like that, I don't have any 'normal' aerial (our picture'normally' is so crap we don't bother with one) so, sadly, can't be done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:44 am 
caryne wrote:
Nope, doesn't work like that, I don't have any 'normal' aerial (our picture'normally' is so crap we don't bother with one) so, sadly, can't be done.

I forgot we were talking about a quaint little West Country backwater with things like poor reception :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:51 am 
Original Hippy

I live in a quaint little South Yorkshire backwater with no reception. Where we live the only way you can get a "normal" signal is to erect something similar to that thing up on Emley Moor. As it is, we have had to have a satellite dish the size of Jodrell Bank stuck on our back garden fence. I think the answer is going to be Sky Plus - preferably once it comes down in price a bit.

We also have no Orange signal in the village. This is a blessing, as it stops American clients phoning me at stupid times in the evening. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:06 am 
Original Hippy

First off, I have to confess to a bit of personal interest in this one. The guy stood with Julian Cope is Malc Rodgers, who is my best mate (Caryne - he lives in Brizzle). The book they are holding is "The Chronicle of Seliac" which Malc co-wrote with a bloke called Duncan McKean. It is difficult to categorize, and it is a very strange book indeed with a lot of very dark humour, but I have to say, despite my obvious bias, it is a very good read indeed.

Copies of it can be had here: http://www.cafepress.com/seliac

Oh, and I guess that rather than being a gratuitous plug for my mate's book this is actually topical given that Cope is touring at the moment! :wink:

Now then Malc you old fooker, how about you doing a bit of plugging for my album? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:29 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Hanging On To Harry wrote:
I live in a quaint little South Yorkshire backwater with no reception. Where we live the only way you can get a "normal" signal is to erect something similar to that thing up on Emley Moor. As it is, we have had to have a satellite dish the size of Jodrell Bank stuck on our back garden fence. I think the answer is going to be Sky Plus - preferably once it comes down in price a bit.

We also have no Orange signal in the village. This is a blessing, as it stops American clients phoning me at stupid times in the evening. :D

Yep, a 'quaint little backwater' that just happens to be one of the biggest cities in the country :wink: :*: But like 'Harry' you seem to have to put some bloody ridiculous contraption on your roof to get a half decent picture so to save the hassle we just got cable. Actually it was fine when we moved in the house, seven years ago, it just got slowly worse..working on a 'conspiracy theory' I reckon it's a ruse to get us all to buy cable or satellite :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:35 pm 
Biggest Hawley Fan on Canal Street

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:24 pm 
Too much time on my hands

My Granny lives in Kent and the reception is so bad she'd had cable since the 1960s. My Dad used to go and visit her to watch the football before it went subscription-only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:20 am 
Biggest Hawley Fan on Canal Street

My Granny had a stannah stair lift, much more fun than watching football :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:09 am 
Original Hippy

Quote:
My Granny had a stannah stair lift, much more fun than watching football

They are, indeed, a blast! I loved the bit in Phoenix Nights where Peter Kay is halfway down the stairs when the power fails. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:39 pm 

How Mumbo Jumbo Conquered The World - Francis Wheen

Free At Last - Tony Benn

The Originals - Dave Gibbons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:18 pm 
Scandinavia's biggest house husband

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:09 pm 

I am going to give it to my Neice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:31 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:26 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 170  Next