Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:14 pm 
Scone hoarding gobshite

hissyt wrote:
The Baroness wrote:
Hissyt sent me a clip once of an old horror programme - it was only a couple of minutes long but so scary - I think it was of a figure rocking - a nun or something - and when they panned in it had no face - TOTALLY creepy - makes me shiver just thinking about it!!
Armchair thriller quiet as a nun-its never been on since

oh christ they used to freak me out when i was a kid! :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:11 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

There was one where the woman was being deliberately freaked out. Everytime she passed a window in her house there was a bloke in a blacked out crash helmet looking in! A bit corny now, but I would always run past windows in the dark after that :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:01 am 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb00H6mCTM8

This still makes me feel on edge......it makes me think of when I used to swim in an old quarry lake called Gold-diggens..up on the moors.....................when I was a kid..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:29 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

That scene in Hitchcock's 'The Birds' when all them crows or jackdaw things gather outside the school. It scared the hell out of me when I was a kid and still does today!

Over the last few years there is a large group of crows gather in the centre of Matlock where I live. There must be a couple of hundred of the buggers which are flying around cawing and stuff as the day breaks. This time of year I am just walking to work and have to pass by them most mornings...I always think of 'The Birds'...

Cheers, Steve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:43 pm 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

Steve Lane wrote:
That scene in Hitchcock's 'The Birds' when all them crows or jackdaw things gather outside the school. It scared the hell out of me when I was a kid and still does today!

Over the last few years there is a large group of crows gather in the centre of Matlock where I live. There must be a couple of hundred of the buggers which are flying around cawing and stuff as the day breaks. This time of year I am just walking to work and have to pass by them most mornings...I always think of 'The Birds'...

Cheers, Steve.

I often wondered how they managed to get all those birds together in that scene..because there are so many.
I actually like the sound of crows,rooks etc..............it reminds me of when I was a kid hanging around on our neighbours farm................there was a rookery and there was always a comotion going on................ .they are very beautiful up close,kind of blue/black.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:46 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I don't like typical 'horror' movies, but am really affected by psychological stuff - the scene in 'Misery' where Kathy Bates breaks the poor guy's ankles really disturbed me for ages. It's on TV this week, but I won't be watching :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:51 pm 
Hawleytastic!

i like the 60's version of 'the haunting'. the bit where they're locked in the room and whatever it is is pounding on the walls and doors is a real pulse quickener. it's a stylish film too. bizzare lesbian overtones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:09 pm 
Hawleytastic!

That scene in "Jaws", when the captain scratches the blackboard with his fingernails... yikes!
Or, when Donald Sutherland gets killed in "Don't Look Now" by Nicholas Roeg.

Bela Lugosi's Dracula impersonations used to freak me out when I was a kid. Spent sleepless nights completely hidden under the blanket (so that he could not see me). :oops:

http://soundcloud.com/the-sellers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

you mentioning Bele Lugosi just reminded me...

Johnny Depp in 50's housewife drag in Ed Wood, , great film but those sceans realy creep me out. :pale:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:39 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Eoin wrote:
you mentioning Bele Lugosi just reminded me...

Johnny Depp in 50's housewife drag in Ed Wood, , great film but those sceans realy creep me out. :pale:

Ever seen the original "Plan 9 From Outer Space", that last appearance of Lugosi? Utter creepy bollocks.
By the way: "Shadow Of A Vampire" with Willem Dafoe (2000) as Max Schreck is a spooky modern rendition of the vampire motif that really made my neck-hair stand up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:47 pm 
Site Admin

I've seen plan 9 from outer space alright yonks ago, it was only after seeing Ed Wood years ago that I started investigating Lugosi creepy aint the half of it, I must try get that on DVD. Shadow Of A Vampire ? you recommend ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:55 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Recommended! It's a bit weird and funny, however. Very unlike Coppola's "Dracula" allegoric blood orgy. Plus, I like Dafoe a lot. Tells the story of Max Schreck, the first Nosferatu actor, assuming that he really was a vampire. :shock: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:11 am 
Site Admin

Dracula left me a bit cold really not in a creepy way just in a not great film kinda way. I'll keep an eye out for that DVD cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:44 am 
Hawleytastic!

Steve Lane wrote:

Cheers, Steve.

I've got a whole theory about crows and kestrels ... :roll: ... crows are dark-hearted dead-eyed fearsome things :shaking: ... know what you mean about that Hitchcock scene ... anyhow, I used to be really freaked out by Alien but now I'm not ... cured in an instant of my fear ... brilliant. But Hitchcock and the suspense ... masterly and chilling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:42 am 
Flange cheese munching cockend

Ignatz Wrobel wrote:
Recommended! It's a bit weird and funny, however. Very unlike Coppola's "Dracula" allegoric blood orgy. Plus, I like Dafoe a lot. Tells the story of Max Schreck, the first Nosferatu actor, assuming that he really was a vampire. :shock: :wink:

Oh yeah man! This dude still gives me the creeps.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next