Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: IKEA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:58 pm 
Scone hoarding gobshite

how much do i HATE ikea? :twisted: just got back from there. they never have anythin you want, theres never anyone to help you and ITS FULL OF T*SSERS BUYING CANDLES!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Post subject: Re: IKEA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:07 pm 
Original Hippy

sunflower wrote:
how much do i HATE ikea? :twisted: just got back from there. they never have anythin you want, theres never anyone to help you and ITS FULL OF T*SSERS BUYING CANDLES!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

There's a great remedy to your sense of anguish - don't go there in the first place.

Last time I was in they were playing Stanley Road on repeat. Truly, a glimpse of hell. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:10 pm 
Scone hoarding gobshite

Quote:
There's a great remedy to your sense of anguish - don't go there in the first place.

Last time I was in they were playing Stanley Road on repeat. Truly, a glimpse of hell.

i do avoid it all costs, but sometimes needs must.

funny that, no weller today :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:48 pm 
Biggest Hawley Fan on Canal Street

I always sit for an hour before heading off to Ikea, and take in the aroma of the scented candles I bought there last time. :wink:

We "had to go" last Sunday for a table and a chest of drawers. Arrived at 10:30 got to the checkout as they opened at 11:00 and gone..... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:38 pm 
Scone hoarding gobshite

Happy Clapper wrote:
I always sit for an hour before heading off to Ikea, and take in the aroma of the scented candles I bought there last time. :wink:

We "had to go" last Sunday for a table and a chest of drawers. Arrived at 10:30 got to the checkout as they opened at 11:00 and gone..... :D

youve obviously got it down to a fine art :D

to add insult to injury, i even missed the breakfast offer by 2 minutes :(

Post subject: Date with IKEA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:38 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I love IKEA, hmmm. I can't imagine going if you don't like it. Or going on a weekend. There's always other places to shop.

~ Karen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:40 pm 
Biggest Hawley Fan on Canal Street

sunflower wrote:
Happy Clapper wrote:

I totally and utterly detest it. Darren however sees it as an opportunity for a day out. I try my best to get it down to a tactical SAS type in and out operation. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:33 pm 
Scone hoarding gobshite

Happy Clapper wrote:
sunflower wrote:
Happy Clapper wrote:

I totally and utterly detest it. Darren however sees it as an opportunity for a day out. I try my best to get it down to a tactical SAS type in and out operation. :wink:

well i dont want to critical of yer other 0.5, im sure he's lovely - BUT yeah there is definitely that feel of people on a day out, which i just dont get AT ALL :*: its just pure hell. end of. i quite like some of their stuff so occasionally needs must and i go under duress!

then yer get to the checkout and theres all these people with like 2 candles, some wrapping paper and a bloody blue ikea bag and theyve gone all that way for that :?

bought some lights. theyre crap so i'll have to take em back. jesus christ :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:10 pm 
Ikea's ace. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:32 pm 
Hawleytastic!

CraigA wrote:

I agree! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:46 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Places like IKEA are kind of necessary, we all need to park our arse on summat and some of us even eat at a table.......but I always feel like my life's slipping away from me when I go in them. I go round in circles in IKEA and the smell of the hot dogs on the way out is supremely nauseating. The time you lose instore though is nothing to the time you lose once you get home and try to fit the things you've bought together and find you've not got all the bits in the box "for want of a nail".

Still, there's nowt like B & Q for driving me insane......I want one type of screw and can't ever find it........once did two B & Q's and a Homebase looking for one tin of paint...what a fuckin life :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 pm 
The Stalker

CraigA wrote:

Decent stuff for a good price generally, but I hate having to "follow the yellow brick road"
As soon as I go in, I'm looking for that secret passageway that takes you straight to the housewares & checkout

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:52 pm 
Original Hippy

Its a temple for those people for whom shopping has become a leisure choice. Just about impossible to get to by public transport, as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:57 pm 
Hawleytastic!

and you can't safely walk from one shop to another on these estates...no paths at all. Mental

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:00 pm 
exapno mapcase wrote:
The time you lose instore though is nothing to the time you lose once you get home and try to fit the things you've bought together and find you've not got all the bits in the box "for want of a nail".

See also MFI and any other retailers of flat pack furniture, or at least so the old story still goes. I bought a shit load of furniture from Ikea last year anc can't say i was ever missing one bit, infact often had extra (unless they were the bits that somebody eles has been left missing...).

HisHippyness wrote:
Its a temple for those people for whom shopping has become a leisure choice. Just about impossible to get to by public transport, as well.

Bit of a bastard trying to get that new 3 piece suite home on the service bus though isn't it? It's a shop designed specifically to sell stuff to people who can get there and take it home themselves. Might be seen as being a little exclusive, but then it's no different to shops that choose to be that through price.