Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8876 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 592  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:09 pm 
Hawleytastic!

hedgehogs are lovely fellas :D

http://soundcloud.com/the-sellers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:50 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Our garden is a veritable Noah's Ark... my bf always jokes that Bill Oddie and David Attenborough should come to our garden for their wildlife programs!
We have birds of all kinds, including an incredibly cute robin and a huge family of friendly blackbirds (the last chick has fledged a few days ago), and at night we get our hedgehog family (they had babies as well :D ), a lame fox with cubs, and sometimes a crazy badger that digs up all the grass... they often leave "presents" behind and we are now spending more money on feeding them than ourselves, but we don't mind as they're so cute! :D :D :D
We feel really like that they've chosen our little garden as their home....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:11 pm 
Waitrose Warrior

Only got one hedgehog, like to think he's the same fella who keeps coming back year after year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:13 pm 
The Boss

Minerva wrote:
Our garden is a veritable Noah's Ark... my bf always jokes that Bill Oddie and David Attenborough should come to our garden for their wildlife programs!
We have birds of all kinds, including an incredibly cute robin and a huge family of friendly blackbirds (the last chick has fledged a few days ago), and at night we get our hedgehog family (they had babies as well :D ), a lame fox with cubs, and sometimes a crazy badger that digs up all the grass... they often leave "presents" behind and we are now spending more money on feeding them than ourselves, but we don't mind as they're so cute! :D :D :D
We feel really like that they've chosen our little garden as their home....

fuckin hell were do you live? Chatsworth? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:15 pm 
Waitrose Warrior

Or Clumber Park?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:15 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

:*: no, but it is kind of rural, considering we're not far from the M25....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:09 pm 
Hawleytastic!

When I moved in, my neighbour proudly told me that we have twelve differnt sorts of timouses in the garden. My cat loves to watch them through the windows. She gets a bit embarrassed though when the giraffes turn up...

http://soundcloud.com/the-sellers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:23 pm 
The Boss

yeah know what you mean :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:30 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I'm at my sisters all week in Sarf Landan, her house backs onto a lush graveyard that is full to the brim with foxes that I can't help but feed everything I can wrestle off the cats-there's one with only 3 legs that I have duly named 'Stumpy'. They're so thin bless em so Aunty Hairy is feeding them up before she leaves :wink:

Oh and I saw my sisters cat, Dennis, eat the biggest moth I think I've ever seen......I'm just sat there in awe of the beauty of nature and Dennis swans over and knacks it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:38 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Can you believe there are people here in London (probably elsewhere too) that pay some bastards to go around and kill these little things?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:44 pm 
I once saw a fox in broad daylight, not two minutes from East Croydon station. Mind you, a friend once saw a man walking a ferret on a lead down Oxford Street.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:53 pm 
Waitrose Warrior

We get foxes in sheffield all the time, in Broomhill and Ranmoor they're always about after dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:32 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I used to get woken up regularly by foxes barking outside. We used to have squirrels and that as well - and we have had the odd hedgehog (I love the little fellers!!). But now they've bulldozed the wooded area at the back of me and are building flats all the wildlife has gone, except the moths and spiders which fortunately the cat likes eating as I don't like em in the house!!!

I don't miss the mice though - my baby is an expert mouser and many's the time I've had to shift all the bedroom furniture to try and rescue the poor little things - they're bloody fast I tell you!

:*: :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:44 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I felt really funny this morning - one of those horrible sicky headaches but thought it was due to lack of sleep - turned out I'd only put one contact lens in this morning............. no wonder I couldn't see properly........ :roll:

I've been wearing the things for 25 years and have NEVER done that before - believe me it's not to be recommended!!! :*: :*:

Think I may have developed an awful squint in my right eye......... now just need the wooden leg and a parrot :shock: :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:17 pm 
Hawleytastic!

A couple of weeks ago my mum heard a real racket in her garden. A hedgehog was attacking a baby blackbird and it basically mauled it to death for no apparent reason. When my mum tried to get it off the bird it turned on her. I'm not so fond of the little things now. :evil:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8876 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 592  Next