Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11053 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 731, 732, 733, 734, 735, 736, 737  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

efsb wrote:
I fucking hate and despise the Tories and the DUP, their paymasters.

Had to get that one out.

No change.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:30 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Just discovered why I haven't seen the neighbour (the one with the dodgy extension) for a week - she's in another country! Cause noise & upset for your neighbour whilst you fuck off on holiday. Do us all a favour & don't come back :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:35 pm 
Hawleytastic!

loftyeric2 wrote:
Just discovered why I haven't seen the neighbour (the one with the dodgy extension) for a week - she's in another country! Cause noise & upset for your neighbour whilst you fuck off on holiday. Do us all a favour & don't come back :twisted:

Which country? If she has to quarantine for 14 days upon return, then she can't have builders in...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:23 am 

She's in Switzerland. Where she is renovating a premises with her partner who lives there. Not looking good for long term enjoyment of the new kitchen here, is it? Who knows, she may stay away until it's complete. Meanwhile the rain continues to fall on my currently questionably watertight bathroom roof.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:04 am 

I am currently deaf in one ear due to a build up of wax. Highly frustrating & disorientating. Ironically I am not deaf enough to avoid being woken by the builders next door. First night back at work after a week's holiday & I have upset my dodgy shoulder. And there's hot weather forecast for the next week or so. Woe is, most definitely, me. :evil: :roll: :thumbdown: :ncool:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:12 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Finnair are absolutely useless. They cancelled my Nashville flight (Booked through Lastminute.com) on 10th July. A week later I got an apology email from lastminute.com saying they were sorry that my refund hadn't been processed yet. 30th July Finnair send me an email saying they've just cancelled the flight - er - no -that happened twenty days earlier. I have to log in to lastminute.com again and re-request a refund. They've obviously reset the clock on the cancellation to hold on to my money for longer, for whatever reasons (creative accounting/not enough people working on refunds -I reckon the former as a mate who booked on the same flight code got a refund in four days...)

Now if they confessed and said that they're staggering refunds to maintain liquidity, I'd have more sympathy but the obfuscation and vague platitudes don't do them any favours.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:11 am 

On the right of the picture below - my bathroom extension, earlier this year, newly rendered, painted & with new window. Neighbour's garden just the other side of the white wall.

And how it looks now, with the ongoing nightmare of next door's kitchen extension. :roll: :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:51 pm 
Hawleytastic!

loftyeric2 wrote:
On the right of the picture below - my bathroom extension, earlier this year, newly rendered, painted & with new window. Neighbour's garden just the other side of the white wall.

And how it looks now, with the ongoing nightmare of next door's kitchen extension. :roll: :cry:

Is that actually legal? Did they get permission off you? I'd be getting council and solictors involved....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:55 am 

I'm afraid it is legal, yes. To my dying regret I did not oppose the planning application, partly because I was in the middle of moving my mum to live near me & didn't pay it much attention, thinking ''Well, I won't even see it from indoors'' and partly because I was told how much I'd benefit from the insulation it would afford my walls. Can't believe I was such a fool. However, last February when, after almost two years' silence, they told me the builders would be starting the following week I looked closer at it, realising that part of the roof structure would be attached to my house. Furthermore they actually planned to build right on top of my bathroom roof! I insisted they get that part of the design altered, leaving me with a strange roof valley affair where the structure meets mine. Because there was an existing extension already attached to my house, which was to be demolished, we effectively had a party wall, so there wasn't much I could do about it. Much of the proper due diligence had been ignored so a lot of that has had to be sorted out retrospectively. Neighbour pleads ignorance, builder blames the architect, who seems quite incompetent - he got the measurements wrong! It's in fact smaller than it was intended to be, due to being impossible to construct using the dimensions given, because the angles wouldn't work out. And to add insult to injury work starts every day at 8am, just when I'm asleep because I work nights. You couldn't make it up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:51 pm 
Hawleytastic!

They are going to get water flooding off your roof and down their wall. That design is crazy....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:08 pm 

That's what they came up with when I wouldn't let them remove my roof & build on top of my bathroom! How mean of me! There is to be a drain pipe arrangement to collect the roof water, leading to a drain on their side of the garden wall.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:18 pm 
Hawleytastic!

loftyeric2 wrote:
That's what they came up with when I wouldn't let them remove my roof & build on top of my bathroom! How mean of me! There is to be a drain pipe arrangement to collect the roof water, leading to a drain on their side of the garden wall.

It'll need to be a very wide drainpipe indeed. They should have continued the pitch of your roof. If that's the calibre of architect they've got on board....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:54 am 

Not too clear on the picture, but it's a single storey downstairs extension - my bathroom is downstairs - so couldn't follow the pitch of the roof. The builder came up with this as an amendment to the original design, which would have given them a 'flying freehold' above my roof. All drawn up without any consultation with me. Did they imagine I wouldn't notice them removing my roof!?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:05 pm 
Hawleytastic!

loftyeric2 wrote:
Not too clear on the picture, but it's a single storey downstairs extension - my bathroom is downstairs - so couldn't follow the pitch of the roof. The builder came up with this as an amendment to the original design, which would have given them a 'flying freehold' above my roof. All drawn up without any consultation with me. Did they imagine I wouldn't notice them removing my roof!?

I'm not surprised you're not happy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:02 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

That looks like an absolute joke!
As you say Lofty, you couldn't make it up.
Sorry you're having to deal with this. :-|

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11053 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 731, 732, 733, 734, 735, 736, 737  Next