Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11053 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 725, 726, 727, 728, 729, 730, 731 ... 737  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:47 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Hay fever can definitely catch you later in life. It"s been a git this year. I developed asthma from hayfever when I was about 12 so I reckon that lands on folk at any age too. Keep respirating!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:56 pm 
The Boss

Never had till my mid 30's now I get it really bad the co-op sell non drowsy tablets I find they work best for me I ran out today and went for a walk with the dogs,jeez it was horrible

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:13 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Thanks for the advice both. Might try those. Good old coop! Sick of being sickly, just not the type. I'm even irritating myself... X

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:14 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Beconase nasal spray is also very effective, you can get that over the counter, or on prescription. (*)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:08 am 
Too much time on my hands

My husband started getting hay fever in his mid-thirties. He hardly suffers from it now though (age 51). Years ago somebody advised him to eat local honey (it has to be local because of the local pollen thing). Either it worked or he has grown out of it in the same way he grew into it. I started to get asthma in my 30s and it stopped when I was 40. Very strange - I needed the whole inhaler thing. I used to sing in clubs in my 20s and early thirties so I put the onset of asthma down to the heavy smoke in the clubs. After a few years of stopping the asthma stopped too. Get better soon Helen and Mr H.

And on another note the football from England last night was dire. It's the pissed off thread so thought I would add to it. On a brighter note, Come on Wales!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:39 am 
Hawleytastic!

Hoping Mr Corbyn can hold his nerve against these vile people. X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:15 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

So we're having a great week. Here's the latest. In addition to our political shit and our mass murders, that is. We've got cops continuing to outright murder innocent black people, two within a few days of each other just now, resulting in full-scale protests by thousands of people in every major city, shutting down traffic and stuff, some arrests, but mostly peaceful. Except in Dallas. At last night's peaceful protest, snipers on top of buildings opened fire on the crowd. They caught 3 of them, the other one is in a standoff right now with police. He's claiming a hostage situation and says they planted bombs all around the city. Don't know if there are more snipers that got away yet. People want to blame it on Black Lives Matter (wrong) and peaceful bystanders (wrong). One gentleman was wrongfully arrested, he didn't do it. So we've got 4 police officers murdered, 11 officers wounded, at least one bystander wounded, and it's not over. There will be more nights like this. We are heartbroken and terrified for each other, we haven't slept for days, and I don't want to live here anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:27 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I just wanted to say, Myra, that I hear your pain. The world sometimes feels like it's spinning out of control, and it's scary and confusing.

I live and work in central London, and I can go from a normal state to one of high alert in an instant these days. I work in a high profile building, and sometimes I go into work to find an airport style security gate has been temporarily installed, with no explanation. I've worked out where I'd hide if there were an attack; and whenever I'm on a tube that slams on its brakes in the middle of a tunnel my mouth goes dry and my heart races. I realise this way of existing has become the norm for me.

I stop watching the news periodically because I can't take this constant barrage of destruction and distress. I wish the media wouldn't play footage of attacks over and over again - the people who perpetrate them want the publicity, and the broadcasters play straight into their hands. The press give terrorists nicknames, or call them lone wolves, and this serves to glamourise their actions, and encourage others to seek similar fame. If, instead, the press reported these individuals as 'disturbed' (which I believe them to be), I wonder how many would seek to join them. I feel the hysterical coverage of these incidents is part of the problem. I don't believe in hiding what's happening, but I think broadcasters need to stop ramming it down our collective throats they way they currently do.

What do others think?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:08 am 

I tend to agree with all of that Josie, particularly, as you say, with the way the media almost add a kind of nobility to these people & their actions by the way they refer to them. It's a more worrying form of how they say 'joy riders' when they mean 'car thieves'.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:23 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Drunk, crying, furious--the trifecta of election heartbreak :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:51 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

And now I'm okay. Meltdown over, left with nothing but gratitude and love. Still lit for our revolution, love our Bernie and my "Bernie family" forever, so grateful for everything that's happened and everyone I've met. Our movement is beautiful. There is much to do and we are creative, determined, and are refocusing our efforts on plans for the future that range far and wide. We will never stop.

I mean, not gonna lie, we're grieving right now. :shock: But we're done condoning election fraud. Thanks to Mr. Assange for proving what we knew was true. More WikiLeaks data dumps on the way! :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:48 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Yesterday my head teacher rang me to let me know that one of the lads in my English class had unexpectedly died - he was a lovely lad - not the cleverest, but always had a smile and a fantastic attitude. Last Thursday he'd collected his GCSEs and been really pleased at his achievements. 16 years old - gone. Rest in Peace Joe :( :(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:08 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

efsb wrote:
Yesterday my head teacher rang me to let me know that one of the lads in my English class had unexpectedly died - he was a lovely lad - not the cleverest, but always had a smile and a fantastic attitude. Last Thursday he'd collected his GCSEs and been really pleased at his achievements. 16 years old - gone. Rest in Peace Joe :( :(

So sorry to hear that, Nick. It seems there's no rhyme or reason sometimes....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:58 am 

Not a popular view, I know, but I dislike summer. I don't like being warm, never mind hot & this stinking humidity is getting me down. And by an evil coincidence, whereas I normally work outdoors at night, this week I'm working inside. Fed up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:53 pm 
Hawleytastic!

loftyeric2 wrote:
Not a popular view, I know, but I dislike summer. I don't like being warm, never mind hot & this stinking humidity is getting me down. And by an evil coincidence, whereas I normally work outdoors at night, this week I'm working inside. Fed up.

Hey, don't worry Lofty, the wind, rain, sleet, snow, fog and freezing cold are just around the corner! :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11053 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 725, 726, 727, 728, 729, 730, 731 ... 737  Next