Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: July 10
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:44 am 
Hawleytastic!

Teachers, local government workers, civil servants and firefighters will be on strike on July 10 against the government's 1% pay offer and erosion of pensions, me included. With the cost of living rising, our members are struggling and such a measly rise, after years of pay freeze and job cuts, is the last straw for many. If your child's school is closed or fire station unmanned, take time out to see others' point of view and show them your support. It means a lot.

And I shall be picketing in Poplar, in an evening gown, should anyone want to say hi. xx

Post subject: Re: July 10
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:56 pm 
The Boss

Me and my wife are giving our full support it's a total disgrace,I don't see a halt in pay rises and bonuses elsewhere in society it's criminal good Helen ..>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Top stuff! If you're not too crook, pop and say hi to your local bods. We have an old boy who comes with cake every time, old docker, with the foulest mouth I've ever heard, I know, and that's coming from me! I love seeing him and he always gives me a cuddle and a bake well tart. That lad know the way to a woman's heart!! Will do something technologically inventive with photos on the day. Cheers me dears. X

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:04 am 
Hawleytastic!

Good on ya, solidarity!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:32 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Just back from a rainy, cold picket. Didn't take any photos – was too busy dealing with people who think it's OK for me to lose a day's pay fighting for a better pay rise while they come in to work and enjoy the fruits of my campaigning if we win it.

But a friend took a couple – we started at 6.30 just this merry band and by 8 there were fifty of us. At 10 we were joined by firefighters and teachers, which was lovely.

Remember, in all the media bullshit you hear today, the strikers are the people who do the jobs we value as a society – the firefighters, teachers, home helps, school meals workers, refuse collectors. They're not old Etonians, Tory MPs or rich businessmen. They're the people who keep society ticking over while being under-paid and under-valued. Up the workers!

http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/helenmelon1/story/29717