Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:10 am 
Hawley Groupie

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... ent-warned

Two more years....it won't matter by then if they are voted back in or not, they will have destroyed everything :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:49 am 
The Boss

Pretty much what's happening......correction.........what's happened,they're just mopping up what's left of a country where people's voices were heard whether the c###s in power liked it or not and the idea of selling our wonderful NHS was impossible they're evil shits who will fuck us all and totally destroy our kids futures,evil evil people

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:30 am 
Hawleytastic!

Agree totally. But ever the optimist, I think it's not too late to stop it. I just think people have to act, in any way they can, whenever they can, big or small, to make a difference.

For instance, my children's school is mostly closed tomorrow because the teachers are on strike about cuts in their pensions. So this morning, I went up to my son's form teacher and said (in a very loud voice, much to his shame) that I was sorry she was having to go on strike over this as I know teachers don't let down their pupils lightly. But that I didn't want her to think all the parents were against the action and that I for one supported them wholeheartedly and wish them all the best.

She was really pleased. She said she was so used to being criticised, she thought I was going to have a go at her. I told her that I had also sent an email to the headmistress, giving my support and explaining why.

I don't think this will change the world or help them win – I'm a 45 year old mother of two, who the fuck listens to me. But what it did do was quieten the self-centred mumbling from school run mums about the bloody teachers and how inconvenient it was that they had to look after their kids for a day. I work for a living too so I know that it is inconvenient. But sometimes in life you have to put yourself out for others.

And when the Tubes were on strike because of cuts in station staff, I made a point of going up to the ticket collector and saying that I didn't want to travel through unstaffed stations and I backed their action. All day he had had people abusing him about disrupting his travel but he has two kids and is due to lose his job. What choice does he have?

I think small actions are important. We all need to do things, even if they are small or you feel stupid, and be more vocal so that changes we don't agree with don't just go through because we don't speak up.

If this was Europe, people would be on the streets, setting fire to wheelie bins and smashing up the place. I don't advocate that but we all need to be more arsey if we are going to stop this gang of fuckers.

Besides I find being a big-mouthed, self opinionated, embarrassing bore has its upsides – fuckwit Tory mums do not speak to me or invite me to their stupid coffee mornings and fanny waxing parties. And nobody stands near me on the Tube in the morning, which means I don't have to suffer over intimate contact with fellow commuter's armpits. It's a win, win situation. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:50 pm 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:
I'm a 45 year old mother of two, who the fuck listens to me

Stick it on a T shirt or Protest Placard for your next march.

helenwatson wrote:
Tory mums do not speak to me or invite me to their stupid coffee mornings and fanny waxing parties

Stick that on the back of the above.

I'd happily donate £250K to attend a David & George BSC waxing party - which Lord do I make my payment to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:39 pm 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:
Agree totally. But ever the optimist, I think it's not too late to stop it. I just think people have to act, in any way they can, whenever they can, big or small, to make a difference.

For instance, my children's school is mostly closed tomorrow because the teachers are on strike about cuts in their pensions. So this morning, I went up to my son's form teacher and said (in a very loud voice, much to his shame) that I was sorry she was having to go on strike over this as I know teachers don't let down their pupils lightly. But that I didn't want her to think all the parents were against the action and that I for one supported them wholeheartedly and wish them all the best.

She was really pleased. She said she was so used to being criticised, she thought I was going to have a go at her. I told her that I had also sent an email to the headmistress, giving my support and explaining why.

I don't think this will change the world or help them win – I'm a 45 year old mother of two, who the fuck listens to me. But what it did do was quieten the self-centred mumbling from school run mums about the bloody teachers and how inconvenient it was that they had to look after their kids for a day. I work for a living too so I know that it is inconvenient. But sometimes in life you have to put yourself out for others.

And when the Tubes were on strike because of cuts in station staff, I made a point of going up to the ticket collector and saying that I didn't want to travel through unstaffed stations and I backed their action. All day he had had people abusing him about disrupting his travel but he has two kids and is due to lose his job. What choice does he have?

I think small actions are important. We all need to do things, even if they are small or you feel stupid, and be more vocal so that changes we don't agree with don't just go through because we don't speak up.

If this was Europe, people would be on the streets, setting fire to wheelie bins and smashing up the place. I don't advocate that but we all need to be more arsey if we are going to stop this gang of fuckers.

Besides I find being a big-mouthed, self opinionated, embarrassing bore has its upsides – fuckwit Tory mums do not speak to me or invite me to their stupid coffee mornings and fanny waxing parties. And nobody stands near me on the Tube in the morning, which means I don't have to suffer over intimate contact with fellow commuter's armpits. It's a win, win situation. x

Helen - there needs to be more people like you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:33 am 
Hawleytastic!

Thanks. I think that, secretly, there are a lot of more of us than of the other, it's just that in some ways, they've forgotten. Saw this this morning, which made me laugh all the way in on the Tube... x

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/co ... 93435.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:44 am 
Hawleytastic!

Good on you Helen. You're right, we all need to make a difference in the way we can, big or small. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:32 pm 
The Boss

Helen.......... ..> :albino:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:04 pm 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:

Saw this this morning, which made me laugh all the way in on the Tube... x

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/co ... 93435.html

I will never complain about journalists again! That's such a good article :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:05 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Mark Steele is brilliant - go and see him live next time he comes to your town. Highly recommended.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:00 pm 
Hawleytastic!

yeah, i saw that too, ace !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I will do that Katikins. He did a great column last week about winning a heart by-pass, which was also properly spot on.

You can't help but laugh at all this stuff – it would be funny if it weren't so utterly horrific. Talk about showing their real colours. All the terminology they use just shows what a bunch of shitty toffs they are. Frances Maude talking about "jerry-cans" in your garage (what is that?) and excusing Cameron for not revealing his No 10 dinner guest list because it was only a "kitchen supper".

I mean, what the fuck is a kitchen supper? I've never understood the whole concept of supper – breakfast, dinner, tea, I get that but what the fuck is supper? I know what a fish supper is but that's just to soak up booze after you've been to the pub, isn't it? And, on the news, it said that Frances Maude went to a "pasty supper" organised by the Cornish Tory association. I mean, they even have a supper for pasties! Can't they eat them at the bus stop or at the footy like everybody else. WTF!

Anyway, I must go. I missed my kedgeree at breakfast, have no devilled eggs in and need to save space for my cucumber sandwiches. God, how I hate them. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:21 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I don't get the supper thing. It is what you have in your own house just before you go to bed when you didn't have enough tea. You don't go out for supper. That is just weird.

I bet you're really quite scary, Helen! In a good way :wink: You are so right about everyone doing their bit. People don't because of apathy (too much effort), ignorance (don't understand what's happening), fear (not wanting to be thought of as a trouble maker), feeling helpless (what difference can little me make) or they just read the Daily Mail and get brainwashed.

You are an inspiration, Helen. We all need to try. I can't believe the queues at the petrol stations. Not that dear David wanted to create panic buying and chaos when he made his comments. Those naughty tanker drivers. Dear me no. Perish the thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:54 pm 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:
I mean, what the fuck is a kitchen supper?

Ed told me that the banning of 'Tiffin' will form a part of the next election manifesto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:58 pm 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

helenwatson wrote:
I
I mean, what the fuck is a kitchen supper?

well it won't be fucking gruel.....(chez Dave).....that's for sure....!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next