Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mums
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:14 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Marie Happe wrote:
I just wanted to say..... cherish the people you love every day... because... you never know...... xx

Absolutely correct Marie!

... and tell them how much you love them too.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:49 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Thanks Josie, Thanks LPD - telling her every day, she is so lovely - everybody loves her so much xx

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:56 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

That's sad news indeed, Marie. The only good thing is that you have known it in time to show her how much you love her. No matter how much you show your love for your dear ones, you always regret not saying more before it's too late. And you've got the opportunity to make these next months the best months in her life, contradictory as it seems.

It gets my blood boiling, how unsympathetic and how unprofessional doctors seem to be nowadays. They always say that many of them put less care and effort when the patient is old, as if they had already lived enough, but I hate to see it confirmed in this way. And they must change their concept of 'old'. As you say, being 70 no longer means being old!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:36 am 

That is so true Colombo - my lovely mum in law has a loving, caring family around her to sort out things like medication, phone calls, nurses, food etc, thank goodness, but what about those that don't - an even lonelier place I should imagine.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:37 pm 

Your mum in law is very lucky to have such a caring daughter in law. You write about her with such love. x

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:59 pm 

She's easy to love, Lou - she's caring and funny and kind and all she wants to do is pick her grandson up from school and make life a bit easier for her family and it is soooooo unfair that this is happening to her. So hard to watch this happening to someone we all love x

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:35 am 
Hawleytastic!

Marie Happe wrote:
but what about those that don't - an even lonelier place I should imagine.

Not if you live next door to me - I take no credit - it all goes to Samantha - she's packing in teaching as the bureaucracy has become too much - and is looking after the next door neighbour - something she has done for the last few years - since xxxxx had a stroke in Dec 2010 - and died about this time last year -visits to his Wife and helping out happens every day - it helps that we are not 'short' financially but at the same time we are not 'flush' - it take me back to my childhood days - and the romanticised images of community and caring - well it's still here.

I have not posted on this thread previously as my Mum died 25 years ago and I still have not come to terms with it - well I'm sure I have - but then again I don't suppose you ever do - but reading what folks have said helps - so thanks ..>

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:13 am 

Oh how lovely PD - your next door neighbour must feel very grateful to have such wonderful neighbours in you and Samantha caring for her. Sorry to hear about your mum. Still hurts, no matter how long ago you lose someone you love so much, maybe less frequent, but some days hits you like a steamroller and knocks you right over. Lots of love to you and Samantha x

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:27 am 
Site Admin

My mum's not been well recently, various problems culminating in a hospital visit and nil by mouth for a day where she felt unable to take the many tablets she has which made her worse. Hate being so far away but my sister has two wonderful retired friends who pop round and do things for mum and dad - really kind of them as it alleviates a lot of our worries about them.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:15 am 

Sorry to hear about your mum Denise and hope she recovers soon - isn't it heartwarming, especially considering recent events in London, to think that the vast majority of people are decent, caring, loving human beings. Love to your mum x

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:51 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Somehow the house next door to my Mum has, over the years, been host to a succession of not especially desirable neighbours. Most of whom only knocked the door when they wanted something. All seemed to have 'issues' of greater or lesser degree; mostly there was no father for the kids, but seemingly plenty of uncles. All would fit the description 'white English' (and gobby!) Unfortunate really, as it's an otherwise pleasant street. Anyway, last year a new family moved in, a quiet, decent family for a change. They straight away took the trouble to be friendly with my Mum, often bring food to share when it's a celebration and have made it known that if ever she needs anything, then she only has to ask. They're originally from another country. One with better manners, obviously. ..>

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:10 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I'm so sorry to hear that Marie. I am going through the same thing with my dad at the moment, after recovering successfully from lung cancer he now has two tumours on the brain which are inoperable. My heart is broken. My sympathies to you and your family, it's a horrible thing to have to go through, not least for the person concerned. xx

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:52 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

So sorry to hear your news YouandI x

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:30 am 

So very sorry to hear about your dad YouandI - my heart goes out to you - it is just so cruel and heartbreaking. I am thinking of you and sending you lots and lots of love xxx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:03 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

So sorry, YouandI. My best wishes go to you and your dad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next