Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:24 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Longpigsdad wrote:
I just get so annoyed by skinny, under-nourished vegetarians, with constantly runny noses, telling me how healthy their lifestyle is!!! :evil:

Get life, get a steak!! :Oink:

Too right!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:37 pm 
Resident YouTube tech guru

They've started selling shoes in our Co-op now (cheap horrible ones, at that) Why do we have to have all this crap in the grocery shop. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:10 am 
Hawleytastic!

loftyeric2 wrote:
They've started selling shoes in our Co-op now (cheap horrible ones, at that) Why do we have to have all this crap in the grocery shop. :evil:

Probably Lofty because these supermarket places are such characterless places that they are trying to give them a little more sole (sic)? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:43 am 
Hawleytastic!

People at work that try to talk about news stories and end up talking shit then it turned into a racist subject and the woman in question was being awful about the floods in Pakistan and then continued to show us racist jokes on her mobile :evil: I was fucking fuming and told her to shut up and she wouldn't! Now I'm not overly bright but in my opinion she is thick as pig shit and is so closed minded and I usually like her..................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:18 am 
Site Admin

Mel - your company should have in place a mechanism to handle this kind of prejudice within the work place. If that woman is causing offence (which she is as you are offended by it) then your manager should speak to her about it. Racism is most definitely a disciplinary matter.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:57 am 
Hawleytastic!

this happens at my work a lot and i've been really disgusted with some of the so called jokes about the pakistan floods, soon as i walk in their shoving the mobile phone in front of your face and saying "have you seen this one it's lush".

i can't believe some of them are mothers, have actually held precious little babies in their arms and then go on to laugh and be so flippant about another mothers suffering.

shitkickers who don't care about anything else just as long as they have the fridge stocked with cheap lager, plenty of tabs, turkey twizzlers for the bairns and the biggest fucking tv screen imaginable so they can brag to their mates about it and cram around it to watch x factor and britains got talent.

while their kids play on the x box, playstation 1 2 & 3, psp, nintendo, nintendo ds, pc, laptop, 22" flat screen with built in dvd player. ( i actually know someone who has bought all these for his 10 year old boy over the years )

whats wrong with a fucking football and a nice game of mouse trap.

you may notice i don't have kids....... or want any.

don't usually rant, i'm not a happy bunny today :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:28 am 
Hawleytastic!

That's the thing that gets me, how can you not look at what's happening in that country and put yourself in that position. How would I feel if that were me and my baby dying of cholera or my son clinging on to life with no food or water.
It's only geography and circumstance that separates us. Doesn't mean they love their kids even less. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:46 am 
Too much time on my hands

loftyeric2 wrote:

Paul Heaton obviously thinks along the same lines Lofty.

Have a read of his lyrics - a great song by a great writer.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=236528750317

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:35 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Denise, she was saying it when the shop had shut and we were tidying don't worry I told her what I thought :*: since I've had Tom and due another I will say what I think don't know where it comes from I used to be so shy :*: There was the assistant manager there too don't think she will get away with it. Thing is I like her but couldn't believe what she was saying :shock: also two of em were laughing about that cat being put in the bin so that made me worse!! If I had money I would donate to Pakistan it's heartbreaking what has happened :cry: but as is it when you work you have feck all spare money but that's a different rant..................I agree it's all about big TV's, Xboxes, how many times people go out etc it's all bullshit!! The woman in question was also talking about how much she spent on clothes like I give a fuck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:39 pm 

arne saknussen wrote:
loftyeric2 wrote:

Paul Heaton obviously thinks along the same lines Lofty.

Have a read of his lyrics - a great song by a great writer.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=236528750317

Excellent :thumleft:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:01 am 
Hawleytastic!

took my mum and gran out today. they are so backwards and behind the times it's not true. they still call black people 'negroes' for christ sake. today my mum came out with this pearl of wisdom. 'why should i give money to help them? they should send a few back from here to pakistan.'
belive it or not, my dad was even worse. i nearly stopped the car and kicked her out. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:04 am 

Heard a radio comedy sketch not long ago where someone was telling how they were visiting the local old folks home 'for a cup of tea & a racist chat' :?
Many a true word....

Ah yes, just thought, my Mum, who really is quite modern in her outlook, still can't help referring to gay people as ''you know...'Nice Boys'' :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:13 am 
Hawleytastic!

Change is an ongoing process - you dont have to look too far to find folks from a generation younger than mine [ours] that have beliefs identical to that of your parents...

Scary tho' - I try and be a good 'bleedin' heart' liberal - but some things piss me off - like the lad that has 'worked the system' and pleaded guilty to mugging Josephine's lad - when he's released and re offends [which he probably will] - it's the likes of you and me that pay for his incarseration...

Jeeez - from bleedin' heart liberal to nazi in one paragraph...

More drinks anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:17 am 

Drinks?, Yes, good idea :D And hang & flog all the bad people :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:51 am 
Hawleytastic!

don't get me started on their views on gay people or 'queers' as they call them. my son has now decided that he hates all jewish people after a family drove him mad kicking his seat when he flew back from new york to manchester.

i told him to grow a toothbrush moutache and part his hair to one side. :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next