Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:25 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

There seems to be a rumour going round that 6 Music will be axed in the not too distant future. :shock: This would be a disaster if this is true - let's hope it's just a case of Chinese whispers. (Mind you, I'd be quite happy to get rid of George Lamb)

There are already 40,000 people on Facebook - save 6 music campaign.

This is the link to BBC 6 music message board - http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mb6music/F1410 ... #p92207867

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:40 pm 
Regular

45,000 members on facebook now.

Apparently Jarvis C has threatened to burn down Westminster if 6 music is axed. Good on Jarvis! Get rid of Radio 1 instead BBC, save the only music channel worth listening to. Or get rid of Radio 2 and put 6 music on terrestrial in its place. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:34 pm 
yep, Ive heard about this too... it would be horrificly tragic if it happens..
I say get rid of radio 1 too..its just shite

im going to burn down the co-op at heeley if it happenes :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:51 am 
Too much time on my hands

If there was a 'get rid of Radio 1 - its just shite' campaign I'd have to put my name down for that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:53 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

I'll get the banners printed then :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:22 pm 
Regular poster

Rumour seems to have some truth in it...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8538130.stm

Big shame if it is true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:11 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

You can sign a petition here -

http://www.petition.fm/petitions/6musicasiannet/1000/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:50 pm 
The Boss

thoughtless wankers 6music is the most important station in Britain i am so fucking fed up with this,don't they see they are playing right into the hands of all those tory c***s and the bastards who want to see the BBC made redundant so that Sky and all the advertising fuckers can just steam into every facet of our lives?I would hate it if we lost the Beeb and this is another little nail in its coffin,it needs to provide stations and shows that cater for a massively wide taste not just dumb down and be like all the other fuck wit Tv and radio stations.......i find it very sad there is no strong leaders who are unable to tell them to just fuck right off,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:02 pm 
Hawleytastic!

updated wrote:
45,000 members on facebook now.

Apparently Jarvis C has threatened to burn down Westminster if 6 music is axed. Good on Jarvis! Get rid of Radio 1 instead BBC, save the only music channel worth listening to. Or get rid of Radio 2 and put 6 music on terrestrial in its place. :roll:

No keep Radio 2 I love it!! Defo get rid of Radio 1 it's appaling!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:19 pm 
Hawleytastic!

get rid of BBC 3 is the answer, which no doubt cost a huge amount, far more than the £7million 6music costs. Transfer what very little of that channel's output was any good to BBC 2.

I do think some of the BBC's decision making over the last few years has been very questionable to say the least. However I love what it stands for and wish, like Richard says, that politicians would gain some backbone and tell Murdoch to *fuck off* interfering with our culture. After all he's brought little to it.

- http://www.chrismsaunders.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:39 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Bring back the pirates...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:43 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Every political party is talking about cuts at the moment. Labour says we need to make massive cuts, the Tories say we need to make swingeing cuts, and the Liberals, like spoilt kids trying to make themselves noticed, are saying there's got to be savage cuts. And there is nobody saying, hang on a minute, what about no cuts?

No cuts to hospitals, schools, social services, pay, public service broadcasters like the Beeb and certainly not the brilliant 6 music. I don't accept that we should pay for the fuck up the bankers have made to our economy by slashing jobs, wages and public services and I don't think I'm the only one.

I work for a council and they've started doing this thing of asking us what we think should be cut, and from where. Come on chaps, we all know it's got to be done so why don't you do it for us. Which of you don't we need and when can you go?

I just stand up every time and say let's cut senior managers and their wages, starting perhaps with you. Honestly, they must think we're mugs.

I think we should all say no to 6 music cuts or any of the cuts proposed in public service broadcasting. The reason the likes of Sky don't like the BBC is that it shows that a publically funded, public service broadcaster works, produces better programmes and is more popular amongst people than the likes of Murdoch's shite.

If my kids watch CBBC, they love the programmes and are not spending the rest of the day asking me to buy the useless plastic shit that they've seen every 15 minutes in the adverts.

And if the government is so desperate to recoup money, I'm sure there's more than a few quid that could be saved by not declaring war on every state that doesn't do what America wants them to.

Fuck em, I say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:25 pm 
The Boss

well the point you made about bankers is the real one really,if those bastards gave 5% of what they earn we could keep the bloody lot,including the health service or at least prop it up.The thing i find about britain is that when you live here we tend to moan about it but when you have the benefit of travel........and it isn't always positive i can assure you(i wouldn't have got as far as Rill if it wasn't for music by the way)then you actually realise what a boss country we live in.Naming no names as it isn't cool but a hell of a lot of so called 1st world countries barely hold it together and in fact you wonder how the hell they don't break out into revolution any minute now.I wished we valued,as a nation,the real achievement that is BBC and the ~NHS.........i think the money people see them as standing in the way of them making even more money..........cos if we didn't have the BBC then they can advertise on EVERY channel then and we wouldn't be able to avoid it,and if we got rid of the NHS we would have to buy into their medicare schemes and that is a frightening thought.........its like going back in time and i know they aren't perfect but the alternative is very very worrying........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:44 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

What's almost worse though Richard is that The Owls are losing 5 - 0 to Reading!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:56 pm 
The Boss

and that the blades won 4-3 i am gutted..............it means we may be goin down :cry: