Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Euro Championship......do you care??
I am on speed and wont miss a second 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
I'll have it on when I'm in 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
I'll just watch Englands matches 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'll just go to the pub to watch England 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'll just watch the penalties 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I can take it or leave it 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
I fucking hate football 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:24 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I don't know whether to laugh or cry after the match. Never being one to let sentiment get in the way of a bet I'm afraid to say I backed France to win 2-1, 7/1 seemed good odds to me! :D :cry: :oops: :?:Sometimes you just have to go with the head not the heart. It's probably a good job I watched it at home and not in the local as well Boss, I'm sure if some nutter heard about me bet I might well have got twatted mesen. It's only a game of football after all, definately not worth :Box

HOW I WISH THEY WOULD STOP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:43 pm 
Before the game we'd have taken a draw, even a defeat after the other result today. We willl beat the Swiss and Croatia and qualify. The way it happened tonight left a sting, but we've lost nothing. If we're going to shit on the French lets shit on them in the Final when it will hurt them more. Apart from 1 mistake we learnt we have nothing to fear tonight if France are the best on offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:51 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Italy tommorow i'm looking forward to seeing those cheatin..........erm i mean that great footballing nation and see what they have to offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:31 am 
Hawleytastic!

I'm afraid after the match my son was cheering...he wanted France to win so he was happy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:35 am 
I trust you've done the decent thing and disowned him? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:01 am 
Scandinavia's biggest house husband

alcyrawhide wrote:
Italy tommorow i'm looking forward to seeing those cheatin..........erm i mean that great footballing nation and see what they have to offer.

Yes well, we're all excited about that. We've beaten them before, we'll bloody well do it again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:43 am 
Biggest Hawley Fan on Canal Street

Is Totti playing ? :D I may watch :D
Was driving home from the seaside, so I missed England v France. Caught some highlights and we were unlucky I guess, but Zidane is just an amazing player, and we have David James in net for some reason unknown to me :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:47 am 
With the squad he's got i'd even play Ian Walker ahead of David James :shock: And at any other given time i'd play a man with no arms ahead of Ian Walker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:18 am 
Emoticon Consultant

MontanaSlim wrote:
dimi wrote:
No, i didn know denmark existed at that time! :*:

You do know that your ex-king Konstantin is Danish, right?

* true...but i didnt existed by the time he left greece...our "ex king" was greek but he has the last 30 years danish nationality, cause we kicked him out in 1974 and he went to live in england, the government doesnt give him greek nationality because he refuses to take off his "King" title and have a proper name, so he cant be a greek calling himself king cause we have different democracy nowdays...
i heard france scored twice in the delays?Craig i was sending happy thoughts, i dont know what happened at the end, maybe at the same time it was PJ's last song so i forgot all about football, dont blame me! :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:24 am 
Flange cheese munching cockend

Big bag o' wank! :shock:

What the fuck was Owen doing on the pitch?

Beckham hit a weak penalty at a saveable height (Thinking about his next shag no doubt).....if that had've gone in it was game over......Well done Alba on winning some dosh on the game......Good luck Denmark, you'll need it against them greasy, lank haired, diving, cheating bastards!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:32 am 
Hawleytastic!

Surely last night was about every football cliche going.......

At this level you must score from penalties. (Surely Barthez has seen Beckham in training many times, get someone else to take it).
Strickers shouldn't tackle back/attempt tackles.
You don't take off your best players.
Put players on the goalposts to defend free kicks.
Deep into injury time you don't pass to your goalie, but to your mate in the back row of the stand.

How much do we pay Sven to pass on these pearls of wisdom???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:41 am 

Dee Dee Ramone wrote:
How much do we pay Sven to pass on these pearls of wisdom???

I believe its in the region of one million pounds a year, over four years! :shock:

C*nt!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:53 am 
dimi wrote:
dont blame me! :shock: :shock:

I do :twisted:

Tonight i will be mostly supporting Denmark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:53 am 
Hawleytastic!

We played brilliantly in the first half. We passed well. We defended well. We scored.

France outplayed us in the second. They passed well. They came forward well. They scored.

Where it went wrong:

- We were tiring after 60 minutes, the substitutes needed to come quicker. They didn't.

- When the time came for substituting we got Vassell for Owen. Bad move. We weren't getting any balls to the strikers and so it made no difference. We needed fresh legs in midfield and we didn't get it quick enough. France dominated.

- Beckham missing the penalty. It wasn't apparent how vital the miss was until the game was over. Captain of England, one of the world's most expensive/best players with a poor penalty. Hit at the same height as diving Barthez and not far enough to the left (Zidane later showed Beckhame how it's done). Beckham later said he couldn't have taken the panalty any better. Well I'm sorry, but if that's true - you shouldn't be taking them.

- Finally the last 2 substitutes are made. Firstly, Rooney (our best and most threatening player) is taken off. Secondly, Heskey replaces him. Heskey is easily our worst striker, he shouldn't be in the squad. We needed the pace and persistance of Rooney. Heskey is a slow, heavey player who stays up front and doesn't run about a lot. OBSCENE substituation. After Rooney goes, France's defence has an easy time.

The other substitution was Hargreaves. Finally some fucking fresh legs in midfield. When he came on he had more posession than any other England player, he even opened up the left wing, which we'd only used when Ashley Cole made it up when he could.

Now out of 3 substitutes we should have freshened the midfield, Nicky Butt would have been perfect as he's a defensive midfielder: just what we needed. However, with Rooney gone and the midfield worn out we were getting nowhere. France just took the game from us.

- The errors kept coming. Heskey (WORST. PLAYER. EVER.) decides suddenly to charge all the way back from his forward position and foul a French player just outside the area. GOOD ONE, EMILE!!! No faulting hte free kick - it was superb.

- Gerrard. Hadn't played the best of games but that was officially the worst pass back in the history of football. James had to try and save it, a penalty could hardly have been avoided. Again, no faulting Zidane - superb penalty.

*deep breath*

Anyway, we got a lot from this match. We played the better first half and nearly beat Europe's best team. We can easily beat Croatia and Swizerland looking at how they played today. In fact, if we can play like we did in the first half throughout the tournament we have an excellent chance of winning it. But if Sven sticks to his awful second half and substitution tactics, we have no chance.

</rant>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:06 pm 

As you'll gather from todays avatar, i'm going with my mate Monty and rooting for the Danes tonight!

Btw....the foxy football playing chick plays for the Danish national womens team and has probably been spoiled by Monty at some point!! :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next