Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:26 am 
Newcomer

The BBC made the right decision. The fact is that he has won votes, despite his horrible views. Hopefully the show exposed him properly to some of the people that have voted for him in the past and deterred others from doing so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:26 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I don't agree with his views but it didn't exactly seem like a debate more than a witch hunt. If the audience had let him speak instead of heckling him within seconds of him starting to answer a question then he would have hung himself. Instead, like Baroness said, some people are sympathising with him being bullied now. The audience was pretty much cherry picked to include every group Nick Griffin (Griffon?) might ever offend, who I thought turned it into a bit of a shouting match to be honest, it just didn't strike me as balanced. As for the people protesting outside, surely the irony of using their freedom of speech to try and deny someone else theirs isn't lost on them? Like the american woman said, democracy isn't pretty but it's the best system we have, you can't just shout the party down and ban them from appearing on the show. That said, at least the show did expose some of his views, like the holocaust denying, but it wasn't the victory against the BNP I was hoping for to be honest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:54 pm 
Hawleytastic!

To worry about a witch hunt of Nick Griffin is pathetic when you consider the violence and intimidation that the BNP thugs and shit for brains have doled out over the years. Hounding the deplorable is no bad thing and he is as low as you can get. Free speech for this bunch of canutes isn't prized - from the blackshirts on, their whole ideology has been based around hatred and a threat of violence, and they don't believe in free speech and toleration. By all means let him ramble his filth but don't be surprised if he is given a tough time.

The rise of the BNP is a disgrace, and the Labour Party is guilty of taking their natural electorate for granted in favour of lining their pockets and keeping the bankers happy. Perhaps if it had stuck with those who kept faith in the Thatcher/Major years this vile man wouldn't be paraded across our television screens.

He'd look good under a steamroller mind you

ps interesting that the BBC feels compelled to have him on Question Time "because he has been democratically elected" but didn't have the guts to defy the Government when Sinn Fein weren't allowed to be heard.

Last edited by exapno mapcase on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:11 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

exapno mapcase wrote:
To worry about a witch hunt of Nick Griffin is pathetic when you consider the violence and intimidation that the BNP thugs and shit for brains have doled out over the years. Hounding the deplorable is no bad thing and he is as low as you can get. Free speech for this bunch of canutes isn't prized - from the blackshirts on, their whole ideology has been based around hatred and a threat of violence, and they don't believe in free speech and toleration. By all means let him ramble his filth but don't be surprised if he is given a tough time.

The rise of the BNP is a disgrace, and the Labour Party is guilty of taking their natural electorate for granted in favour of lining their pockets and keeping the bankers happy. Perhaps if it had stuck with those who kept faith in the Thatcher/Major years this vile man wouldn't be paraded across our television screens.

He'd look good under a steamroller mind you

Just to make it clear, I'm not worried about a witch hunt for the BNP, more the fact that it's given him and the party more semi positive exposure by their claiming to have been bullied on the show. The fact remains that people shouting insults down at him and calling him a "dick", not letting him answer questions fully on the show etc just plays into his hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:24 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Know you aren't an apologist. People are often shouted down on Question Time. He does perhaps bring out the worst of people in both senses. His brand of politics means that if he does have a mainstream platform he is going to be denounced as anti democratic and inevitably his mere presence will focus on the fact that he and his party are reprehensible Nazis. Maybe being called a dick isn't the most enlightened use of airtime but it is accurate and scorn is all he deserves. He may think he should be heard on the "great topics of the day", he first has to deal with the issue of his and his party's politics and their racist, jingoistic thuggery. He can't resolve that one because that is what they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:27 pm 
Hawleytastic!

To cap it all, I've just read that he is putting in a formal complaint because of his treatment on the programme :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:27 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

exapno mapcase wrote:
Know you aren't an apologist

Don't see what's that's got to do with it to be honest, I haven't said anything to apologise for. I just think he has to be heard for people to realise the extent of his and the partys views, being shouted down in the studio and a bunch of students standing at the gates of broadcasting house protesting against freedom of speech just turns him into a martyr to his supporters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:40 pm 
Hawleytastic!

merseybeatle wrote:
exapno mapcase wrote:

Don't see what's that's got to do with it to be honest, I haven't said anything to apologise for. I just think he has to be heard for people to realise the extent of his and the partys views, being shouted down in the studio and a bunch of students standing at the gates of broadcasting house protesting against freedom of speech just turns him into a martyr to his supporters.

Not for you to apologise for.....I meant in the sense of "sticking up for Nick Griffin"...as in an apologist for him........and as I said "I know you aren't an apologist...." (didn't want you to think I was making that observation.....

Not everybody protesting was saying he shouldn't have been there, doesn't mean he shouldn't be faced with people letting him know how vile his opinions are. He had the oxygen of publicty when he was invited on. He needed to answer some questions before he could even begin to think he is in a position to present himself as a politician like any other (that in itself is no great benchmark as we know). If he was allowed to just spend the programme party political broadcasting then it wouldn't be Question Time would it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:06 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

exapno mapcase wrote:
merseybeatle wrote:
exapno mapcase wrote:

Not for you to apologise for.....I meant in the sense of "sticking up for Nick Griffin"...as in an apologist for him........and as I said "I know you aren't an apologist...." (didn't want you to think I was making that observation.....

Not everybody protesting was saying he shouldn't have been there, doesn't mean he shouldn't be faced with people letting him know how vile his opinions are. He had the oxygen of publicty when he was invited on. He needed to answer some questions before he could even begin to think he is in a position to present himself as a politician like any other (that in itself is no great benchmark as we know). If he was allowed to just spend the programme party political broadcasting then it wouldn't be Question Time would it?

Ah ok then. Yeh I guess so mate, I can see what you're saying like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:00 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Dave wrote:
Big, fat, stupid bozz-eyed cockend. Kill the fucker.

Just leave Gary Barlow out of it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:42 pm 
Hawleytastic!

For those that missed the show and can't get the Iplayer here are the highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QAvkFS_cgk

Even though Griffin did show himself up to be a cock of the highest order

Q - "Have you ever denied the Holocaust Mr Griffin?
A - "I have never been convicted of denying the Holocaust."

" I did share a platform with David Duke, yes, but he's a member of a non violent sect of the KKK"

etc etc

I do think it was a missed opportunity in a wider sense in that I felt he needed to be shown up as a non entity of a politician as well, rather than just basing the show around the race issue. But, regardless of that, he has no grounds for complaining - any member of the Govt who goes on that show gets bullied and if he had had a leg to stand on and been able to debate his party's stance effectively he would've done ok. He didn't..

- http://www.chrismsaunders.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:36 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Like a lot of people i don't trust politicians of any party - I use my vote every time, but always feel like i'm voting for the lesser of the evils rather than for what i really believe in and want.

Getting away from the politics bit for a moment, it was so obvious that the rest of the panel had been groomed by their 'people', as you would expect - and painfully obvious that Griffin hadn't.

They'd obviously done a bit of the tele stuff, he was so gauche and uncomfortable away from the comforting cocoon of his heavies that it was cringey to watch even before he spouted his bile.

Which only makes me fear more for the moment when he does throw his PR machine into motion and learns the tactics of the rest of the Parliament sheisters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:09 pm 
Regular poster

to hear what nick griffin really said on QT follow this link.

I rest my case!! :D :D :D :joker:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:09 pm 
Hawleytastic!

dass ma boy wrote:

Very clever and very funny. I find laughing at him, however, has a hollow ring because the man is clearly dangerous. To hear some of the dead heads defending him, especially around Lancashire and Greater Manchester and even parts of Liverpool, is chilling. The guy is twisted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:15 pm 
Hawleytastic!

dass ma boy wrote:

Brilliant...