Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:23 am 
Hawley Groupie

maggie wrote:
Luke M wrote:
susan boyle looks considerably spooked right now in this final part. She hasn't smiled or shown any facial expression at all apart from blankness. And why the hell am i even watching this? :roll:

edit - she hasn't won, anyway.

I'm sure they had her on tranks.

Susan is now at the Priory clinic. So you may have been right. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:53 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

I'm sure there was something up with her on Saturday - I thought maybe 'they'd' given her a good talking to following her tantrums and water throwing.

It's all very strange - there's a lot made of her learning difficulties, but apparently she was persuaded to enter by the show's producers which makes me wonder where they saw her singing - and how, if she's led such a miserable remote life, has she managed to see/hear musicals let alone learn all the words to songs???

And she didn't seem particualrly disadvantaged during her first audition - a bit odd, mebbe, but nothing as strange as she is now.

Mind you it's all coming out now - Julian Smith, the sax player, isn't the busker we were led to believe he was, he's played for Tony Hadley, M People and Chris Rea. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:38 pm 
Hawleytastic!

maggie wrote:
Mind you it's all coming out now - Julian Smith, the sax player, isn't the busker we were led to believe he was, he's played for Tony Hadley, M People and Chris Rea. :roll:

A mate of a mate made it through to the final of New Faces in the late 80's - he had been a part of the 'metal rock scence' for a good while culminating in a year or so fronting a band that featured Steve Howe + Steve Hackett - they had hit singles etc in the US - however the band split he was left on his uppers - so had to try anything - so good luck to them [I suppose]...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:44 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

No problem with people teetering on the edge of success using this sort of show to get noticed - they should be upfront about it 'tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:47 pm 
Hawley Groupie

First time I have ever watched it ever , but I watched the last 3 weeks and have to agree about the little girl crying complete with pushy mum sick tv, the kid Simon Cowell stopped halfway through and said he had picked a bad song and hey presto he had another cue'd up ready to gommmmmm staged or what, The Susan Boyle woman I dont know, but it was all worth if for the wonderful joy that was Stavros Flatley, Diversity were dead talented but I don't know how clued up her majesty and Phil the greek are on street dance. Personally I would pay good money to watch them sit through 15 minutes of ear shatteringly loud death metal